cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Pad F7.0

0 Comments

71hFRN58DtL__SL1414_.jpg

I love the natural look of most phones and tablets. Manufactures spend countless hours on design to make their devices look great. The LG G Pad F 7.0 is no exception. I have the white model which looks great in contrast to the dark screen. What I have learned from previous devices is that no matter how pretty the phone is to look at, it is probably a good idea to get a case to protect it from drops. I also have a ton of nephews who I frequently babysit. If you want to entertain them with the G Pad then it needs to be protected.

On my 10 inch tablet, I have a cover case that wakes up the device automatically when opened. I usually am using that tablet around the house so I do not need a ton of protection. The G Pad is portable so I have been taking it with me everywhere. I decided to treat it like a phone and get a case that covers the device’s back and sides, but leaves the front open. After some research I decided on the Poetic Revolution case in white. When I got the case I put it on immediately and it fit perfectly. The cutouts matched the speakers and camera so there was no issue taking pictures or listening music. The case adds a little bulk, but it’s not enough to make it unpleasant to use. The best part of the case is that it still looks great. The white case keeps the white on black look so it keeps some of the great design in place. As far as protection goes I can say that the device is fully covered. I have dropped it more than a few times and there is not a scratch on the screen or the case. The Poetic case series comes in a bunch of colors and design options and the price is awesome. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

GPad.jpg

In my last blog I mentioned that I am loving the size of the G Pad 7.0. I have been traveling a lot lately for work and I have used my new tablet as my travel companion. Everyone who has flown before knows about waiting at airports during layovers. In the past two months I have probably spent over 25 hours just sitting around waiting for my flight. In the past I would either pull out my laptop or use my phone to pass the time. With the G Pad 7.0 I am able to use LTE and WiFi to connect to the internet. I have my work email set up so I was able to answer emails throughout my trips.

In addition to working from the G Pad, I passed the time by keeping myself entertained. The LG G Pad 7.0 does not have the best screen, but it is still a great media device. I watched movies on and off the planes, listened to music on Spotify, and tried to beat my high scores in Crossy Road. I also connected the tablet to my phone so I could answer texts when I got them. The size of the G Pad 7.0 makes it perfect for traveling and its low price makes it affordable to buy. Go check one out at your local Sprint store and you will see what a great deal it is!  

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

After 5 weeks using the LG G Pad F7.0 I have to say that I am pretty happy with this budget-friendly 7 inch tablet.  It has outstanding battery life. In my day to day experience of checking emails, some web browsing, controlling my Sonos system and reading e-books – on average I will get 3-4 days if not more usage between charges.  Also when I utilized for a GPS it gave me probably the best performance I have seen from a device.  On top of the battery life the device is well designed and the expandable memory is a great option to save photos, docs, videos & music without having to impact the built in memory.  On that note, the 8 GB of on board memory is probably my only real gripe.  If you are using the device for a few specific apps then you should be good.  If like me you and are using it for more day to day activities with a robust array of apps you find that you need to be selective on your apps that you load so you do not run out of memory.  The Q-Pair app is neat little program letting you mirror a number of apps from your phone directly to your tablet, so that way you don’t need to grab you phone out of your bag to check your messages, social media notifications or call notifications.

On top of the great performance & apps you are getting a well built, durable device.  The device size make it a perfect fit for most back pockets or reasonably well in to most ladies purses. The 7” display is great for reading and not shabby for checking out your favorite show or movie.  Overall I would recommend this device.  My key point for new shoppers would be to be aware of you memory consumption on the device as this could impact your memory.  I hope you get a chance to pick one these up for yourself and bring a new tablet home.

Your Product Ambassador – Patrick

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint

0 Comments

One of my personal passions is coaching football.  For the last 8 years I have coached for a great junior football system, but this season I opted to take a break from coaching and I was elected to our Board as the System Director. We are a non-profit organization but we do a number of activities where mobility becomes a necessity.  We have utilized hotspot devices in the past along or Wi-Fi along with a Wi-Fi tablet or even board members have used their personal devices along with a Square™ Reader to process payments for registration, concessions or even team merchandise.  But during a recent open house to kick off registration for the 2015 season, we ran into an issue where the hotspot (non-Sprint) was not working stable enough for us to process registration & take payments.  So luckily I had my LG G Pad F7.0 with me as it became our life saver and my inspiration for this blog.

As a non-profit we spend everything on the organization that we earn for the organization so having solutions that will allow us to take care of business during registration, player evaluations and game day while being a low cost solution could be a great fit for many non-profits/businesses.  So how does the LG G Pad F7.0 fit into this mix?  Great question, here is the breakdown – Device & Monthly Cost

DEVICE:  The LG G Pad F is great little device at an amazing price. You have (3) options to purchase this connected tablet.  $240 at Retail Pricing, $49.99 with a 2-yr agreement or $10 per month for 24 months on Easy Pay.  The Easy Pay and Retail Pricing give you the ability of no contract which can give a business flexibility, while 2 year pricing gives a low upfront cost when compared to retail pricing.  This tablet has a long lasting 4000 mAh battery, 4G LTE with Spark and 1.2 GHz dual core processor all powerful features to help you mobilize your business.

MONTHLY COST: There are a selection of plans starting from $10 per month on Easy Pay to more robust plans with more included 4G data.  Plus since the G Pad is Wi-Fi capable, so you can supplement your data usage by connecting to Wi-Fi.  Regardless there is a plan for the occasional users or power users.

Visit your local Sprint store to get more details on taking advantage of the LG G Pad F7.0 for your business or non-profit and get your business more mobilized today.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint

0 Comments

I think I am like most people today in that I do not like to carry books with me when I travel.  I mean come on I have enough stuff packed into my backpack when I travel, especially for work.  Plus as much as I would like to say I am a reader, outside of reading books with my kid every night or emails Monday thru Friday, reality is that it usually takes me a few months to finish a book that the avid reader may finish in a single month.  Prior to getting the LG G Pad F7.0 I always brought my 10” tablet with me on trips but rarely read on it just because it was uncomfortable to hold one-handed in tight airplane seats or that if I had to move quickly I had to put the 10” tablet away in my bag, so unless I was watching a movie it stayed in my backpack. So I was determined to give the G Pad a whirl as my new travel buddy.

The couple of trips I have made since getting my LG G Pad F I have found that this 7" tablet has AMAZING battery life, is a great e-reader and GPS among other things you may want from your tablet.  On my 2 hour flight from Seattle to San Francisco, I spent the flight getting caught up on reading the Walking Dead Compendium 1 (which I got a killer deal on via Google Play Books) and by the time we were wheels down in SFO there was barely a dent to the battery. I am talking less than 20% usage.  A day later I had nice hour & forty minute drive from San Ramon to Sacramento, so I opted to use the G Pad as my GPS.  This was probably one of my favorite uses, as the 7" display along with my universal device holder made for a great heads up GPS display. Again another great experience of battery life on the device.  If you have used GPS on your device before you know that it can chew up serious battery, but the 4000mAh battery on the G Pad delivered on the GPS experience & battery life. 

My recommended e-reader apps are Amazon Kindle & Google Play Books.  Kindle is great especially if you have or are coming over from a Kindle device, as you can access your previous library right on your LG G Pad F.  My primary e-reader is Google Play Books.  Google tends to have some great sales on books so many times I actually find the sames books I have/want for Kindle at a reduced price.  Check them out for yourself.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

0 Comments

The LG G Pad 7.0 is my first connected tablet. I never felt like I needed a tablet that was connected all of the time. My house has wifi, my work has wifi. When else could I possibly need an internet connection on a tablet? As it turns out, there are plenty of scenarios that my LG Tablet and Sprint LTE connection saved the day.

download.jpg

From being able to entertain my son while he was getting only the 3rd haircut of his life, to watching my favorite soccer team in the car on the way to visit grandma, I will never again be without a connection and a large screen! Of course I can use my handset, but there are many apps a 5 – 5.5in screen doesn’t do justice.

For example, Netflix is much better on a large device. All of the productivity apps are better on my LG tablet. Being able to see a large document, or spreadsheet on this screen has been fantastic. Handsets are great for quick emails, but for important dictations, or full fledged note taking, I need my LG G Pad and a connection.

I highly recommend this tablet to anyone looking for a budget friendly, crazy fast connected device and in the need of something with a bit more screen real estate than your average phone.

I will always have a connected tablet now, and the LG G Pad is perfect for me.

0 Comments

The LG G Pad is the perfect device to be productive. The 7in screen allows plenty of space to author documents, edit spreadsheets or read books. The device is light enough to hold in one hand, but still feels sturdy enough that you won’t bend it in half if the wind blows too hard. Some tablet makers think that thinner is better, but I’m not so sure I agree. I don’t want a real bulky device, but I want to be able to feel it in my hand so I don’t drop it as easily!

Back to productivity though. Sprint and LG offers a few apps out of the box on the LG G Pad 7 that will help you stay on top of your game. LG offers Quick Memo +, while Sprint and LG give you ThinkFree Office, and Lookout Security.

Quick Memo + is familiar if you’ve owned a recent LG handset. If not, it’s a simple and intuitive note taking app that gives you a range of paper styles, colors, pen line types and more. You can save pictures, websites, or just jot down a quick note. There is even a widget for faster access to all of your notes.

ThinkFree Office is a suite of MS Office compatible apps that allow you to create new documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on the go. I was amazed at how robust this app was, especially because it was included at the startup! You can open and edit the before mentioned file types, or create new ones. Also it can read PDF files. I use this ‘one-stop-shop’ for all of my documents on the go. Email attachments can open up straight in this app, and I’m making my edits, and returning them back through my email.

Finally, Lookout Security is a premium app that allows you to keep all of your data safe. Lookout offers protection from malware and spyware. Which is always something I thought couldn’t happen to me. However, recently it happened to someone I know, and that’s close enough for me! Lookout also backs up your data so you’ll never have to be worried about losing it if your device gets wiped. And of course, through Lookout you can remotely find, lock and make your device “scream.” Lookout protects you by scanning each app you download and making sure it’s not carrying any malware or spyware. It also does a full scan each week and keeps you up to date on the latest threats.

With these apps and more, you’ll be able to safely keep productive on the go, all at lightning fast LTE speeds on the Sprint Network.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Pad F7.0

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I previously owned a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet which I love and use it to take notes at home and at work meetings, because of its relatively small size and the Pen.  One thing I found is at night, or when I do reading the table size did bother me a little.

Since I got the LG GPAD F7.0 tablet, I found that I use it a lot more especially when I want to read something. I can carry it by slipping it in an inside pocket of my jacket, reading it in the car and also reading it at night in bed where I can comfortably hold it in one hand.  It took me a while to realize it is the comfortable size of the LG GPAD and also the 4G LTE feature which allows me to be able to download anything anywhere.

2015-05-01 15.45.08.jpg2015-05-01 16.04.06.jpg2015-05-01 15.45.23.jpg

In the three pictures above, you can see from left to right: my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 table, the LG GPAD F7.0, and the HTC One M9.

All three devices are displaying my Rick Steves Italy Kindle Guide book.

I have small hands so I had to stretch to hold the table in one hand, the sweet spot is the LG GPAD where I feel pretty comfortable to hold it in one hand. The HTC One M9 is small but then on displaying the whole book, especially with pictures, it tends to be small and sometime very hard to see the picture and often I had to zoom in to view, which can be annoying when you are reading a book.

The LG GPAD also has exceptionally good battery life. For what I do with the tablet: kindle reading, checking emails, Facebook and Facebook Messages, I usually can use the device up to 2 to3 days before requiring a charge.

My wife and kids do not get me a Kindle Fire for next Christmas as I now have my LG GPAD F7.0!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Over the course of the past few weeks I have had the pleasure to be able to play around with the LG G Pad F7.0. This 7" tablet is LG's first on the Sprint Network. For a first it is good. Compared to the 7.0" tablets currently available through Sprint it ranks well in my opinion.

The good:

• Long Battery Life - I charge this bad boy maybe every other day with heavy usage. That is saying a lot. Compared to my Samsung Tab 3 this thing outlasts it based on my usage by almost double. For the most part everything is setup and installed the same on each device. Thanks LG for adding in the 4000 mAH Battery!!!!
  • Android Lollipop - Android Lollipop and its gorgeous material design play well and look stunning on 7.0" WXGA Display!
  • Design - I prefer the design over my Tab 3, for me - and I don't know why - it just feels more comfortable in my hand.
  • Q-Pair - Thanks to this feature you can sync to your Android (4.1+) smartphone for quick and ease transitions.
  • Peel Smart Remote - Comes standard, and I actually prefer this option more than any other 3rd party app on the Play Store
  • LG's Knock Code - I love this method of unlocking my device(s). LG really "Knocked" it out of the park with this feature, which I have used on all of my LG products since the LG G2.

The not so good:

• Memory - at 8GB (~3.5GB Usable) internal I just feel handcuffed...the good news you can install a micro SD Card and quickly/easily bump that up. Add to that the countless cloud services available for little to no money, and this isn't that big of a deterrent.
  • Speed - In regard to Sprint Spark speed this thing out preforms my Samsung S6 Edge when speed tested....In regard to transitional and computing speed, the LG G Pad F7.0 underperforms. It boasts a Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor, I just don't feel it.

Overall I would highly recommend the LG G Pad F7.0 to any one looking to get their feet wet in the tablet world. You can not go wrong with this device on the network that is truly #Gettingbettereveryday. As a parent, I would recommend this to any one looking for a great birthday/holiday or just because gift for their child.

Enjoy your new G Pad F 7.0, I know I do!

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

LG G Pad – Customize

When you’re setting up your LG G Pad, one of the first things to do is add apps, widgets, and folders onto the multiple home screens. LG offers users an ability to customize that most other Android skins don’t. The ability to change the size, and look of every icon on your device. Whether its doubling the size of an app, or squeezing a widget to make more room on the home screen, LG’s grid helps the user get the perfect look for their device.

When you add an app to your homescreen, press and hold the icon but don’t move it. You’ll see a highlighted outline of the icon with an edit icon in the corner. If you press that icon, you’ll be able to change a host of options including size and picture. You can even use your gallery as icons on your device! So each of your device’s apps could show up as a different selfie. And then watch the horror on your friends’ faces when they pick up your tablet.

For widgets, you can edit the size larger or smaller following the same steps as above. There are limits to this, but LG let’s almost all widgets be customized in some way. I’ve found LG does a good job at keeping the widget usable while balancing the size customization feature. For example, my calendar widget can be scaled down, but LG stops me when the day’s entries would be too difficult to see or use.

Android in general is known for its customization, especially when compared to other OS’s. LG takes this a step further by allowing icon level customizations and the using of one’s own photos as app icons. Stick another feather in LG’s cap, and another awesome feature for the versatile 7.0in connected tablet.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Flex 2

- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

As I was playing Spades on my G pad last night I started thinking what are some questions I would want answered before I purchased this device.  So I thought for this blog I would answer and questions that I would have concerning the purchase of this tablet.

Is the size a concern for me? Is it to small?

With phablets coming out from all providers you might just think I own a Nexus 6 do I need a seven inch tablet.  The answer is yes.  I own a Nexus 10 and love the size of it but this seven inch makes portability so much easier.  It's small enough I can type with my thumbs as if on my phone.  The size and still very powerful tablet makes this an easy buy in my book.

Is it powerful enough?

I used it for navigation, word, surfing the internet, and streaming music and found no issues.  It allowed for me not to have to use my phone for these features and save the battery.  I found no issues with lag or slow performance.  The tablet actually performed above my expectations.

What is the Battery life like?

Well for my most extensive use I traveled over 4 hours driving.  I streamed Pandora and used GPS the entire way.  Arriving at my destination with 40 percent battery.  Still using the tablet to read a book on the beach I finished the day with 10 percent battery 8 hours after start.  Now constantly streaming and GPS should have drained it on it's own but it managed both apps perfectly.

These were some of the questions I consider before any major electronics purchase when considering phones or tablets.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

G.PNG

LG G Pad F7.0 is the perfect size for a tablet. It comes packed with a 7" HD display great for watching a movie while waiting on someone at the airport, grocery store or wherever you are while on the go. This tablet fits perfectly in my back pocket so that my hands are free for other things. I even find myself using my LG G Pad F7.0 even at home over my Samsung tablet because the battery is much better. Check out my comparison blog of my LG G Pad and Samsung Note 10.1 here.

Screenshot_2015-04-29-10-08-01.png

Then add the bonus of Sprint Spark and LTE network access on my G Pad. Living out in the country my options for internet are DSL or satellite and neither are very fast. My G Pad picks up LTE signal upstairs and downstairs with no problem allowing me to surf the web at night when I get in from the office. Plus it is great for playing Game of War..... it was nice playing the game on a larger screen. The game requires internet access and do not want to be rallied while your DSL & Wi-Fi goes down... I did add data restriction to my tablet so that I do not go over my data limit and I have more info on that here.

affordable.PNG

The price of the LG G Pad is affordable too.... especially compared to my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition tablet that. Sprint has the G Pad available through Easy Pay or 2 year agreement option. This tablets is great for those wanting to keep on a budget and need a tablet for on the go with the ability to stay connected.

Qpair 1.PNG

The addition of QPair with the G Pad gives you that additional connection to your mobile phone. QPair allows me to work from my G Pad and still receive my text messages and calls from my mobile so that I only have one device to work from. I have blog on QPair for more info on it.

61x7HegbYvL._SL1500_.jpgI do recommend adding a microSD

card to the tablet for additional storage. I have a Samsung 64GB EVO class 10 microSD card in my LG G Pad and it will support up to 128GB card. The LG G Pad comes with 8GB of onboard storage with a little over 3GB of storage that is actually available for use. I store all my music, pictures and other data on my SD card.

Screenshot_2015-04-10-13-55-38.png

The LG G Pad F7.0 has a very impressive battery that provides me the usage I need without having to charge it up every two hours or so like my other tablet. I have another blog with more details on the battery life here.

My conclusion of the LG G Pad F7.0 is that it is a tablet I would recommend to my friends and family. This would be great for kids that need a tablet for school and home school projects for keeping cost down. There was not anything this tablet could not do that my larger tablet does plus this one is more portable with Sprint Spark & LTE network connection. Having a network connection always available was the other thing I liked about this tablet. The single antenna for Sprint Spark & LTE help boost its ability to maintain a signal for me in the country.

Visit a Sprint store today and check out the LG G Pad F7.0 to if it is the tablet for you!

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

In the last blog, I wrote about how much I enjoyed the Sprint 4G LG GPad tablet that I did not have to rely on WiFi. Well, I recently performed some experiments where I further discovered that   because of its larger size, it can take advantage of the bigger antenna hence delivers higher 4G speed.  This by no means saying the normal smart phones perform badly, just that you can gain a little more out of the LG GPad F7.0.

So here is how I conducted a simple experiment, at the same spot:

1. I examined the RF condition as reported by the LG GPad, then run two samples of speed test.

Screenshot_2015-04-28-17-28-16.pngScreenshot_2015-04-28-17-32-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-17-34-21.png

2. I did the same thing using the HTC One M9:

2015-04-28 21.25.02.png2015-04-28 21.26.27.png2015-04-28 21.27.18.png

As you can see, the speed getting from the HTC One M9 is pretty good, considering I am sitting in a conference room.  However, the LG GPad 7.0 speed test shows that the device is capable of taking more advantage of the Sprint 4G speed.

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Would I buy this device?

This is really the only question one can ask themselves when reviewing a device.

Would I spend my hard earned money for this device?

My answer to this question is yes. I would buy this device, I would buy it for myself and I would buy it as a gift for others. Honestly this is the perfect device for the everyday use, it has an awesome price point. Add this device to your shopping list, put the sprint data on it and voila you have a great accessory for your day to day activities. Lately the G pad has been assisting me in my cooking. Cooking difficult dishes is a breeze when you can bring up the recipe and follow along while your mixing and stirring.

For those who are interested, my favorite dish to make is Spaghetti ala Carbonara

Your interest may not be cooking, it may just be browsing the net or watching the latest show on Hulu or Netflix. Whatever your interests are the G pad is your device..

Add the G pad with the Sprint network and you have a device that can be used in all instances.

LG-G-Pad-7-0_Black.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.    

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

As we are winding down the launch team for the G Pad F7  I have to say that this device really surprised me, in a good way! I honestly never thought that I'd like a 7" tablet, I've always had it in my head that it would be just two small. Boy was I wrong.
I have really enjoyed this tablet and feel that, for portability, a 7" tablet is the perfect size! I use it exclusively and couldn't be happier!

What I really like about it:

• Perfect size for a tablet on the go
  • Fantastic battery life!
  • LTE capable
  • Won't break the bank
  • QPair, I used this all the time awesome feature

What I didn't care for:

• 4gigs of internal storage - thankfully it has an expandable memory port
  • Display could be a bit brighter for outdoor use
  • 1.2gig processor - it does the job but I would have liked to have seen something a little more powerful

Overall the experience I had with this tablet was very positive and I would recommend it to anyone of my friends and family! Not only is it a great price it will definitely satisfy anyone's needs who are looking for a great entry level tablet for young children or older parents who aren't necessarily concerned with having the cutting edge of technology!

Pricing.PNG

Sprint.com

0 Comments

I have been reading comics for about 10 years now. For me the switch to digital comics was a no brainer, I have sold most of my old books or donated them to a library. I am now fully invested into reading them on a device. I used to have a Nexus 7 which my kids promptly destroyed after a few months. The G pad has been in full use as I have ditched my previous method of reading them on a phone. The G pad's seven inch screen is the absolute perfect size to read comics.

comics 1.jpg comics 2.jpg

Comixology is my go to app to read all comics, it has the best interface, and the biggest collection. If you aren't a fan of comics and regular books are your bag, then the G pad is for you as well. Read all your favorites authors; John Grisham, Dan Brown, George R.R Martin etc..

Get the G pad and read some comics.

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee)

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

I received a request to compare the LG G Pad F7.0 to a larger tablet. I used my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition to use as a comparison. I found it interesting to compare the two tablets as I had not thought of comparing them before. They both have their advantages depending on what you will be using a tablet for. I am looking at portability and convience myself now that I have a tablet in two different sizes.

LG G Pad F7.0Samsung Note 2014 edition
OSAndroid™ 5.0 LollipopAndroid (4.4.2, 4.3) TouchWiz UI
Dimensions7.45" (H) x 4.49" (W) x 0.39" (D)9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31
Weight10.60 oz19.29 oz
DISPLAY7.0 inches10.1 inches
Resolution1280 x 800 pixels2560 x 1600 pixels
ProcessorQualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 1.2 GHz Quad-CoreQuad core, 2300 MHz, Krait 400
System memory1G RAM3G RAM
Built-in storage8 GB32 GB
Storage expansionmicroSDmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB
Battery4000 mAh8220 mAh
Camera5 megapixels8 megapixels
ConnectivitySpark, LTE & Wi-FiWi-Fi

That was a quick basic configuration comparison of the two tablets.... I treat my tablets like my phones and put a case on them. Cases help protect against accidental drops and for continence of watching a movie. Here is a short video of both my tablets with cases comparing them in size...

I like having my tablet for entertainment during lunch for that mental break during lunch. I would be limited on on where I could have lunch if I wanted internet since not all places have Wi-Fi access needed for my Samsung tablet. Now that I have my LG G Pad with both LTE and Wi-Fi, my lunch options opened up. I have eaten at Raising Caine's more here lately with my G Pad for lunch....

Advantages the LG G Pad F7.0 has over my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition:

• Battery last a lot longer... I can go a couple days on a single charge with my G Pad
    • I can slip my G Pad in my back pocket and still have my hands free
    • Spark LTE network connection and not dependent on finding Wi-Fi access when on the go
    • Lollipop - helps with apps on SD card

Disadvantage of my LG G Pad over my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition:

• I had to add a SD card to hold some of my data - minor since I bought several SD cards at Best Buy when they were on sale
    • Lower  RAM and is noticeable sometimes when going back to homescreen. Does not impact performance when watching a movie, playing games or anything else.

I have given my Samsung tablet to my wife to use and carry my LG G Pad F7.0 with me. We take it when we go out on the weekends checking out sales to take advantage of a larger screen to look things up. I pretty much take my G Pad everywhere I go now because it is so portable.....

Visit a Sprint store and checkout the LG G Pad F7.0 yourself....

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

I've been using my G Pad F for a few weeks now. I love how compact and convenient and this little tablet is. Yet, the screen is big and bright enough to satisfy almost all needs and wants of a small tablet. One thing I'd change about the G Pad F is the lack of tactile grip on the back of the device. The back of the G Pad F, while textured, is rather slick. Thus, holding the tablet with one hand, though light and thin enough to be comfortable and easy to hold, takes a little bit of "hand coordination" so that it doesn't slip from my hand when using my thumb to swipe a page or touch the Back or Home buttons.

Thankfully there are plenty of useful...dare I say HANDY...gizmos available to rectify this issue.

I chose a product called lovehandle. There are several similarly useful gizmos that go by such fetching names as slinggrip flygrip gostrap and others. I chose the LoveHandle because it's light, compact, easy to apply and easy to use. I purchased my LoveHandle from Amazon for a few dollars.

The LoveHandle is thin and lite. It lies very flat when not in use keeping it easy to slip my tablet into my back pocket or bag without extra bulk or worry about snagging on something.

back.jpg

You can position the grip however you wish. Some prefer to angle the grip to one side or other. I placed mine straight up just below center to keep it usable from both hands. I slip two fingers in the elastic band and my tablet is practically an extension of my fingers.

lovehandle.jpg

With my fingers in the LoveHandle I have plenty of reach with my thumb to flick pages or hit any of the bottom row buttons.

reading.jpg

The LoveHandle was definitely a great purchase. It's helping me to enjoy my tablet more by easing my mind of careless drops while making it easier to hold and control my G Pad F with easy, one-hand operation.

Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

Over the last few weeks the G Pad F7 has become my "go to" tablet. Its small enough that I can fit it my back pocket but not feel so bad that I feel like I'm going to drop it. It may not be the most powerful tablet on the market but I have to say that it gets the job done and does it well.

Recently I was out with my wife and she was doing some shopping, I told her I was going to grab something to eat and I'd catch up to her in a little bit, as I had no desire to go to the Coach store with her... As I was sitting and having lunch there was an older couple sitting at the table next to me and when they got up to leave she came over and said "Excuse me, is that a tablet?" I responded "Yes, it's an LG tablet and it's one of their latest models" we chatted for a few mins and she said that she's been looking at a tablet for her and her husband but really didn't want anything to big as they wouldn't want to carry it around everywhere for fear of dropping it or getting it damaged but she noticed I had this and said that it looked like the perfect size. they don't do much other than communicate with their children and grand children, email, & occasionally Facebook.

We talked about battery life and all the different uses of the device and she really appreciated me taking the time to show her this as it made it much easier for her to make a decision on what type of tablet to get.

That being said, Its nice to know that there is something for everyone. Some people really like to be on the cutting edge of technology, having the latest and greatest and others are looking at something for convenience with portability. I am happy to be the proud owner of this tablet as it's a great "go to" device and very easy to toss in a bag or purse or even your back pocket. Not only that it's a great price as well!.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/larger/public/article_images/2015/02/sprint-gpad-7.jpg?itok=OINayZPw

So this past weekend was my 6th year wedding anniversary.  We decided as a family that we would all go to a place called Sanibel Island.  It ios one of the top 3 places in the world to go shelling.  So we headed out on Friday and usually use our phones for GPS and without charging we usually run through the entire battery.  My kids like to use their DVD players and laptops for charging instead of letting me charge my phone.  So we got the Idea of saving our phone and using the LG G Pad 7.0.  So we were on our way for a 5 hour trip running navigation and streaming Pandora.  We made it to Sanibel Island with 40 percent battery left.  Enough juice for my wife to read a book while tanning.  This Tablet saved my day and would never have realized how having a Tablet with Data capabilities wherever I go would be so useful.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

lg-g-pad.pngI never thought having a tablet with a data signal would be a good idea, until I used the LG G Pad. This tablet has opened my eyes to the convenience of having streaming data where ever and whenever I need it. I’ve gotten used to having this capability on my cell phone so it’s nice to see it in the form of a tablet with a 7” screen.  Games, surfing the internet, streaming music and whatever else you want to do on the go are all accessible at any time.  It makes it so easy to go anywhere around town with the little ones so that car rides are now a joy.  When I am in the market for another tablet I will no longer look for a tablet that is Wi-Fi only. I will be going for an LTE enabled tablet from Sprint.  Combine that with the great deals we offer on LTE tablets, and it becomes a no-brainer.

Thanks for reading have a good day!

0 Comments

Hello again.  Upon fully reviewing the LG tablet, I wanted to share my parting thoughts with you.  Overall, the LG G Pad F 7.0 is a great mid-level tablet for any user, and here is why.

• Excellent battery life!
  • Great look and feel
  • LG features are unparalleled

Battery Life

I have found that if I am not using the tablet on the heavy end of multimedia and streaming, that the battery life lasts well over a week.  I consider this to be Fantastic!  Even with thorough steaming of videos and music, the battery life persists through an entire days off of use.  This device should stand the rigors of a full day of travel, or several days of intermittent, random use around the house.

Great look and feel

I was discussing with a colleague the "handy" size of this tablet.  This tablet easily fits into your back pocket, even though it doesn't appear that it would / should.  It's just the right size for a tablet on the go.  The vibrant screen is absolutely brilliant when watching a movie or video.  Other than the volume buttons, and the power button, there are no other hardware buttons to concern yourself with.  Everything you need for the device to function well is built right into the operating system (technically, the same could be said with the power button - double-tap to wake, knock code; and volume settings).

Tablet Features

I really enjoyed the features presented with this tablet.  QPair is a wonderful application that allows the user to leave their Bluetooth connected phone nearby, and still be able to send/receive sms messages, and answer phone calls, right on your tablet.  I fell in love with Knock Code -- I open my tablet into the main home screen from sleep mode with only four pre-designated taps on the screen.  Multi-tasking email and gallery or web is a cinch with LG.  Easily drag a picture from your gallery right into an email you are composing without switching between the two applications.  LG camera software makes taking pictures so much more convenient than many other tablet cameras.  I shared the virtual-flash that the front-facing camera has to offer for low-light conditions.  In my opinion, this was a brilliant idea!  The time to focus seems especially decreased on the LG tablet versus my previous 7" tablet.  Transition between front-facing and rear-facing camera use is a simple as a swipe on the screen. 

-- I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

IMAG1278.jpg

0 Comments

After a few weeks using the LG GPad, I have the following thoughts on the device:

1. I like the size of the tablet, fits me better than the Samsung Note 8.0 tablet that I had for a while.  I would like to use the device for Kindle books.  In fact, I found that I have mainly used it for reading these days.
  2. The Sprint 4G LTE service.  I am now tethered free, no longer have to carry my Sprint Hotspot device around. It is great when I am waiting to pick up my wife from work or at the shopping center, I can easily browse the internet or checking emails.
  3. The battery life.  The device has great battery life.  With my browsing activities, reading books (maybe 2-3 hours a day), I do not have to charge the tablet for 3 sometime 4 days.
  4. The screen is ok, not as vibrant as my Galaxy Note tablet.
  5. The device can be slow at time, not very responsive.  Hopefully, future software release can fix some of these issues.
  6. Internal storage: 8GB.  This is limited as after loading the initial software, the device has only just a bit above 1GB left.  I strongly recommend that an external SD card is a must.  However, even with Lollipop, a number of applications will not automatically store the data on the external SD card, so it can be cumbersome moving the files around.

Watch this space.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

This past weekend my wife and I embarked on an epic journey of errands and yard selling to previously uncharted territories here in Central Texas. As I loaded up the trusty ole' Google Maps on my phone, I quickly decided to use the beautiful 7 inch screen of the LG G Pad F 7.0 instead.

Most of our weekends are spent at some random baseball filed with our 11 year old and his travel select team. This weekend we experienced a rain out. When rain outs occur, I have to take advantage of the free weekend to knock out honey do's....but in the morning it means that it's time to get my yard selling on.

When I put our planned trip into the tablet and started navigating, I was a little worried that it would be a bigger distraction than helpful tool. I quickly saw this was not the case. It was actually better for me since the larger screen real estate allowed me to glance over and see what I needed to see quicker, without having to scan the screen for my location and the next turn.

I found that I missed far less turns, zero in fact! Sometimes, when coming to left/right forks or slight turns I will not be able to decipher the way the map is taking me, so I guess (often wrong). With the 7 inch screen provided to me by the G Pad, I was able to accurately see where and when I should turn.

Plus with LTE Spark, I never had lag time in loading the map(s), The device locked on to the GPS signal almost immediately and the yard selling trip with as smooth as ever.

The biggest downfall is that now that I am sold on using this as my GPS navigation on trips, I need to find a solid dock for the car...My wife will not always be in the passenger seat, and I cannot look down at my lap to see what's going on...So the search begins for a new car dock....any suggestions?

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

0 Comments

Almost everyone takes selfies nowadays, would you agree?  Even if the "selfie" is you and a loved-one together in a memorable place.  I have always liked using my tablet for these photos, mainly because of the larger screen so we can both see more detail of what our picture is going to look like.  Just like my Samsung tablet, the LG tablet does not have a dedicated flash for the front-facing camera, although having one would certainly come in handy in low-light situations.  But the designers of the camera app came up with a "brilliant" method to help improve this scenario.  From the camera, swipe horizontally to get into the front-facing mode, and you will notice the flash icon at the top.  Don't click on it, and your low-light picture will be just as drab as any other low-light picture you take.  But click on it, and the camera image is squeezed into a smaller box with a bright off-white border surrounding it.  The border emanates bright light from the screen onto the subject of the photo, giving a "flash-like" effect for your photo.  With a 1.2 MP camera, the selfie picture is appreciable compared to another in the same setting without the enhanced light!

Screenshot_2015-04-18-19-06-03.png

0 Comments

lg-g-pad.png

With little kids at home anything can become a flying object so nothing is safe!  So protecting a precious tablet is important.  With most tablets options being limited, however there are a few that would meet my requirements for protection from the use it will endure with my kids. There are two cases I would call protective enough for kids.  The poetic turtle skin case is a great case, it has a huge rubber bumper around the outside and I have seen this in action, I have this on one of my other tablets. Most of the time with cases we tend to try to balance protection and size, but I don’t worry about the size of the case its only there for protection.   Now if you’re looking for the ultimate protections you can go with the poetic revolution case has all around protection of rubber and plastic the front side snaps in with a built in screen cover that is nice for sticky fingers.  Both of these cases offer great protection.  I purchased the Turtle case since I have one on another tablet and it has worked out great. 

Poetic Turtle case (on the left) Poetic Revolution case (on the right)

71kzwYexSxL._SL1500_.jpg

71TgHG52sUL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for reading have a good day!

0 Comments

Like I stated, previously I owned a WiFi only tablet.  I used that tablet a lot at home, but on the road I either have to bring my Hotspot device or leveraging any public WiFi that I could find.

The LG GPad 7 Tablet with Sprint 4G LTE woke me up and gave me that freedom that now I can “un-tether” the WiFi world.

Understanding Sprint is still building out a complete 4G LTE network, where I live and work there seems to be adequate 4G LTE coverage for me to enjoy the usefulness of full data access on a device larger than my usual phone.  I am using tablet for general internet browsing, and for the road I can use even google navigation.  It is great as the map is pretty big and very easy to follow on the road.  In my previous post, I mentioned that I used the tablet to record the route that we did for Radio Network Equipment drive test.

At home, I get reasonable LTE service via Sprint’s 1900MHz band, so at the remote side from the tower at my home, I get not so great but reasonable speed for normal usage:

And at my work, there is a new 2500MHz tower built nearby and I get terrific speed:

You may wonder how did I know which tower the Tablet is connected too?  I use the LTE Engineering free app that you can download from Google Play:

Screenshot_2015-04-15-17-01-52.png

I am carrying this LG Gpad everywhere with me now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

If you in the market for a 7 inch tablet and your stuck between these two let me show you what I found.  At The Desk I found a great comparison and review of both devices.  I will paste in the functions I view important but please follow the above link for the full review.

The Specs

Both tablets offer similar hardware features with very few differences — but the differences are noticeable. Both the LG G Pad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 come with 8 GB of on-board storage with a microSD card for expandable storage up to 64 GB (some even report success with up to 128 GB cards).

Both the G Pad and the Galaxy Tab 4 have the usual standard hardware: You’ve got your micro USB port for charging and file transfers, rear- and front-facing cameras, a microphone, a power button, a volume rocker and an infrared transmitter port for using the tablet as a remote control (and probably other functions, though this seems to be the one both tablets tout).

[Winner: Draw]

Display

Spec-wise, both tablets line up evenly when it comes to display resolution. The 7-inch displays are capable of rendering a high-definition image at a 800×1280 resolution (or equivalent to a 720p high-definition television set) with a pixel density of 216 ppi (in other words — really sharp). On paper, the graphics seem similar — but in practice, the LG comes out on top, though not for a reason you might expect.

[Winner: LG G Pad]

Design

The design of the Samsung tablet is awful.

For one, there’s an obnoxious chrome trim that encompasses the entire front-facing portion of the tablet. Samsung intends this to lend the tablet an aura of luxury — but it makes reading on the tablet awfully distracting, as your eyes focus off words and onto the trim every time light touches it. Bottom line, the design makes it hard to get lost in the content — a huge drawback for any computer.

[Winner: LG G Pad]

Overall winner: LG G Pad, but…

Both tablets are great choices. But each tackles what an Android tablet should look like from different directions.

Where Samsung tries to be a better iPad, the LG tablet focuses squarely on being a great Android tablet. And, problematic file transfer and Netflix performance aside, it delivers a cleaner, better experience than the Samsung tablet. Where Samsung makes it very apparent you’re using a Samsung product, LG’s mission is pushing content to your eyes, then standing aside so you can get lost in whatever book or movie you’re watching.

That said, if you prefer performance over design, the Samsung excels over the LG in everything but the battery life. But if you want a truly exceptional Android experience, the LG tablet is the way to go.

0 Comments

In the couple of weeks that I have had my LG G Pad F7.0 I have been using it not only as my personal everyday tablet for reading & entertainment, but also as my portable little work buddy.  Like most mobile professionals, I need to be able to access the web, email and edit/create documents on the go. 

The first two are easy – Web Access & Email – take your choice of the preinstalled browser from LG or personally I utilize Chrome to get my web based content and since I use it across multiple devices (my phone, laptop, and my 10 inch tablet) it allows my book marks to be readily available to me when I am signed in with my Google/Gmail logins.  Most sites I access work great on their mobile versions and the few that I need to see in “Desktop Mode” I simply click those 3 dots in the upper right corner then select the check box to view in Desktop Mode. 

For email you have a variety of options and depending on what your company allows you can choose from any number of them.  The default email client is good.  Ties right into Exchange, keeps your company’s IT policies in place for Exchange, you can accept/reject meeting invites and the other normal email things you would need or want to do.  The other email clients like Gmail or Outllok.com that may work for you and with your business.

Lastly is office apps.  There is a default office app built in to the G Pad F, as there is in most devices, which is good but still leaves something to be desired and at times has issues opening certain Excel files.  My personal default is usually Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, since I can use all the products across my Android devices and just pick up where I left off with ease.  But I found with G Pad’s limited available space and Google Docs not being able to be saved to SD Card for usage that I have selected to go right to the source and originator by using Microsoft Office Apps for Tablet (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).   Being that Microsoft Office Apps for Android tablets are relatively new they may not be the first choice for existing users who are familiar with other “office” apps that they have been using.  But here is why I chose to use them: #1 They take up less memory then the default app or Google apps. #2 They are the actual product that the majority of us both professionally & personally use. So in my experience thus far I have not run into issues with documents, spreadsheets or spreadsheets not looking how they are intended to look.  #3 You can save or open to/from your device, One Drive or Dropbox – which gives good flexibility since many business may only want their employees to be able to get docs out of specific cloud storages.  So try the LG G Pad F out for yourself and let us know what your experience is like for your work/life balance.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador - Patrick

0 Comments

Hangouts has been the primary app that I use for texting, I have ditched the vendor's messaging app in favor of this. I love hangouts, I have it as an extension on my chrome browser. Hangouts now has a dialer for those who need to make calls.

I love the Hangouts dialer because it lets me call anyone in the world without using any cell phone minutes. Most calls to the US and Canada are free and for people like who are from India calls are super cheap. 1 cent a minute is better than the rate of any carrier out on the market now.

The user can call any cell phone or land line, and calls to other hangouts users are free.

This would be a great option to give to kids, they dont need a cell phone. Parents can give the G Pad to their kids and still have the ability to speak to your children.

Hangouts-Dialer.png

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee)