Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Adds Calling Plus and support for Wholesale VoWiFi
Includes the latest Android security patches

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

25 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: LG - G6 (LS993) - LS993ZV8

Since doing this update I have been not getting all of my texts. Incoming are sporadic. I only get incoming messages from a few of my contacts. And I'm having problems getting voicemails as well. Now today when taking pics it says they can not be saved. I don't understand. It's driving me crazy. I've tried everything but a factory reset. Is there anything else I can do?! 

Sprint Social Care

Good morning! Thank you so much for posting. You might have some corrupt files from your previous software. Let's try doing a wipe cache partition. Follow the steps below:

• Open “Settings
  • If necessary, go to the “General” tab
  • Tap “Storage” under “Phone Management
  • Under “Device Storage”, tap “Internal storage
  • Wait for the phone to finish calculating the cached data
  • Tap “Cached data” > “Clear” and wait for the process to complete

Let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It didn't seem to make a difference. The texts are still not coming through on my phone. I can send them and people are getting them but no responses. And my pics won't save on my SD card. Also people leave me voicemails and I don't get them or they come through the next day. I use the visual voicemail. Anything else I could try? Other than the factory reset? 

Sprint Social Care

Missmommy80. Does these issues happen everywhere, or in certain locations? By any chance, are you using a new SD card? 

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

They happen every where. I have had the sd card for over 2 yrs. I got it with my lg g4 from the promotions they had. So it's been about 2 1/2 yrs. And I haven't had any problems with it until the last few days. The texting problem has been going on for over a week. 

GrandMaster

are you by chance in any specific area like indoors when this is happening? and if so do you have wifi and wifi calling turned on or off? what about the beta LTE calling option?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also well before ever jumping to the factory reset start with a cache/partition wipe on the phone. this will dump saved up temp files etc that might be boogering up your phone... you will not lose any personal info from the device..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Let us know how it goes after doing what Fireguy suggested.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How do I do it? 

Sprint Social Care

Follow the steps below:

• With the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Down key.
  • While holding the Volume Down key, press and hold the Power key.
  • Release both keys when the Recovery mode screen appears.
  • On the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume Down key to scroll to and highlight wipe cache partition.
  • Press the Power key.
  • Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes, and then press the Power key.
  • press the Power key to select reboot system now.
  • The device will restart.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok. I deleted a bunch of stuff from my phone in the internal memory. Whatever was in there,  (hopefully nothing that I needed! 😀) seemed to have done the trick. My texting is working again and my voice mail. Now I think I need a new SD card. Cause my camera still won't let me save my pics to it. Just the internal memory.☹️

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!