cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Google Handwriting Input App to LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Adding Google Handwriting Input App to LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So now that you have your stylus equipped smartphone, you really need to score some cool apps to unlock all of the full potential of that shiny new stylus.  One such app, that you former-PDA fans will surely love is “Google Handwriting Input” (available FREE from the Google play store). 

This plug-in app works directly in conjunction with Google Keyboard and provides users a nice (some may call “vintage”) handwriting interface that is reminiscent to many old PDA’s of the past.  Now don’t let that throw you for a curve because a lot has changed. Even though I actually remember most of my Palm Graffiti gestures, “Google Handwriting Input” uses plain-Jane handwriting and for the most part works rather well.  It actually boasts to claim it will decode even your worst handwriting attempts and that may very well be true.  I kid here, because I found the quicker I write, the better it recognizes what I write and my otherwise pretty handwriting sometimes doesn’t decode 100% accurate.  That aside, the overall recognition is quite impressive and a world’s better experience than old PDA’s from the past. As I’m writing this, I probably have about 10-15 mins worth of practice and I can honestly say I’m pretty comfortable.

I’ve already set “Handwriting” as my preferred entry method.  The only limit is your imagination.   It works well for text messages, web surfing, QuickMemo+ and pretty much every app.  In many ways the whole experience takes me back to a time when I truly thought my PDA could revolutionize the world.  That was long before smartphones really kicked in and I was happy with offline cached web viewing.  Oh well, before the risk of showing my age any further, I’ll say in closing this is app is neat toy that you should really check out.  Stay tuned loyal readers and I’ll do my best to uncover additional stylus apps in future blogs.

Till then, either enjoy that LG G Stylo or be sure to check one out next time you visit a Sprint store.

HW.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.