cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

But I want my Stylus! LG has you covered with the LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

But I want my Stylus! LG has you covered with the LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So old habits are often hard to break.  In my last years of college, I too was mystified by the emerging world of PDA’s and although I was able to progress beyond my need for a stylus interface, many of my friends and family members are a little slow to drop the pen.  That’s why I’m super excited to take a look at the new LG G Stylo, complete with a large 5.7” screen and real deal stylus pen. 

Stylus interfaces aren’t unheard of with current smartphones but for value conscious consumers, many may have been turned off by the high price points that premium Phablet phones command.  That’s why I’m happy to see LG offer something like the G Stylo, which has the form factor and screen size of premium phones but a more affordable price to win over a more casual user.

Please note, although I review all kinds of phones, I won’t deny labeling myself a pretty casual user as well.  I’m not really a gamer and when it comes down to things.   I rely mainly on productivity apps, taking occasional photos and general web surfing.  The G Stylo works great for this purpose.  It’s smooth, easy to use, weighs under 6oz and overall solid device in terms of construction and value.

I especially like it for viewing websites that don’t always cater to mobile users.  In those cases, your only option typically involves a lot of zooming in and out but adding the Stylus gives you an added degree of precision (and at least in my daily use) and gives a more seamless navigation on those legacy websites. 

LG has included several familiar features to help prep users for future G series phones.  Knock On (double tap wake up) is included.  The overall screen layout is fairly standard to the other devices in LG’s G series of phones the feel and form factor is just familiar overall.

The software installed in Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and as expected, I’ve had no problems installing and running the most current version of all my favorite apps.  With a native screen resolution of 1280X720, you get 720p HD video playback and the display looks good on Netflix, Youtube, Crackle, Amazon Instant Video* and many other streaming services. Apps I use for home monitoring all work well and Nest, Dropcam, WeMo and other popular apps are all accessible and work about as good as they do on other premium smart phones. 

Again, at a $288.00 retail price or many other attractive on-contract, leasing or easy pay options, the LG G Stylo certainly has a lot of bang for the buck.  Don’t be apprehensive, it really is possible to get a great phone on a budget.  Stop by your Sprint store to learn even more and keep checking back as I’ll be highlighting additional features of this great LG phone in coming weeks.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

GStylo.jpg

*Amazon Instant Video needs to be downloaded outside of Google Play store.  Visit Amazon.com for the most up-to-date instructions

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.