cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Stylo - Camera shots - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Leasing and Insurance

Recently I was able to capture a quick photo with my LG G Stylo. As you may recall, this device's rear camera is 8MP BSI Laser Auto Focus, so my expectations were high since this is the same spec as my former device that seemed to present very clear pictures. In fact, my Android devices seem to give much cleaner pics than many of the iphone pictures I seen from those around me. However, sadly, I am seeing some distortion with some pictures of late. The below picture was taken with the rear camera. The camera was set with HD On. Now, in my limited knowledge, I thought HD meant High Definition which to me meant higher clarity or rather not fuzzy. In fact images produced by cameras are often collectively referred to as high definition (HD) or as megapixel images. The megapixel images is the key. So yes they are high definition and somewhat clear, but with megapixel images we see some distortion and when cropping even more may occur.

So this group shot was HD On and it is somewhat clear but in spots there is blurring and some fuzziness. Not the clearest picture.

(Picture 1) pic 1.png

However, this awesome, Sprint KC EBC group shot outside with the front facing camera - 5MP BSI - the picture seems much clearer. No HD to contend with, or perhaps it is because there was outside sunshine which supported a clearer image. (Picture 2) pic 2.png

Even a cropped picture still looks amazing. NOTE: the subject are easy on the eyes too!

(Picture 3) pic 3 crop.png

But this cropped shot gives some further distortion.

(Picture 4) pic 4 crop.png

So more trial and error with the LG G Stylo camera to understand the value of using HD (landscapes etc) but ensuring the HD is OFF when taking pictures of people is required. The outcome should be clear cropped pictures instead of needing to zoom in on the subject while taking the picture.

Moral of the story: check the HD settings and have it set for the right picture taking needs. Still am loving the LG G Stylo though. Meeting my work needs. More to come.

"The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint."