cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Stylo, One Last Look at an Exciting New Device - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G Stylo, One Last Look at an Exciting New Device - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Concluding my series of blogs, I can summarize the LG G Stylo rather easily.  Your bottom line is, you get exceptional value at a very affordable price.

Full (off contract) pricing is a mere $288 (That can easily be spanned across 24 equal payments).  A 2/yr service agreement can place the LG G Stylo in hand for $49.99 (after rebate and instant savings).  It’s certainly a commitment that won’t break the bank but don’t be skeptical...  You get a lot of features for this modest price:

As equipped, you get top notch features that you would normally expect to see on smart phones much higher in price. First and foremost, you get a vibrant 5.7” touchscreen with HD resolution.  The screen is big, easy to see and even easier to navigate.  You get a quad core processor that gives you good speed and Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which opens the ability to run all your favorite apps. The standard 3000 mAH Li-Ion battery may say “standard” but under the sum total of specs, you’ll get up to 24 hours of talk time. You’ll also see early on how the battery will take you further than most phones in this price class and many more priced above.  The phone just performs nice, reliable and ready day after day.

Now queue in the stylus, which is an important part of the namesake and you’ll find integration and navigation that many users might just be looking for.  Don’t know much about modern smartphones, still playing with that Palm Pilot from 1997? Well, the LG G Stylo is a friendly introduction to help catch you up to speed. By adding “Google Handwriting Input” or many other 3rd party apps, you can turn the LG G Stylo into something far separated from the keyboard and a device that stands well on its own (beyond tapping finger to screen).

I for one am a bit of an LG-fanboy and one thing I love with LG, is you get familiar similarities that span all phones in the G Series. You get Knock On wake up, a screen layout that feels natural, construction that is consistent, button placement that feels ergonomic and many other hidden treasures that tie things together. 

Here’s one cool trick that is shared with the LG G Stylo and LG G4:

Quick Isolated Clock Access: From a blank locked screen, touch the screen and immediately swipe down about an inch (and hold).  The clock with show up (under a mostly black screen) and quickly hide when your finder is released.  This is a very cool feature especially, when you are in a place where screen brightness can be distracting to others.

Can you find any more cool ticks and features?  I welcome you to explore.  The LG G Stylo is a great place to start.

LGGS.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.