cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simply Awesome Battery life with the LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Simply Awesome Battery life with the LG G Stylo - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Since activating my new LG G Stylo, one thing that really stands out (so far) is the overall battery life.

I am often rather cynic when it comes to product specifications. I can look at numbers and what things should be and am never quite happy once I start using the phone.   Those feelings aside, I will definitely not question the hours of talk time produced from the stock 3,000 mAh battery.  It’s simply awesome.

I for one am a bit of a power hog.  I always have Wifi on, always have Bluetooth on and freely use my phone throughout the day.  Toggling things, takes time and effort.  I like my screen pretty bright and I normally lock it at about 56% (On Stylo) with a 1 minute screen timeout.  With all that established, my phones are seldom far from a mini USB cable.  Off the charger, most phones show me battery status in the red by the end of my work day.  Thus you can imagine my surprise when my G Stylo took me quite a bit further. Seriously gets me though my work day, most of the evening and I can’t recall ever seeing a red battery icon before placing it on the charger for the night. Nice!

I always wondered why phones with some of the larger screens tend to have some of the more impressive battery life.  I always figured a bigger screen = bigger battery but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  The LG G Stylo has a pretty standard 3,000 mAh battery and right now is among the best of LG’s phones (in terms of a lasting battery).  So, with that in mind give me a bigger screen (I don’t mind) and then talk to me at 8:30 PM where I’ll still be huddled in a corner steaming music with ease.

Just another great efficiency that LG offers at any price point.  If you are on a budget, want a current phone with efficient battery life then the LG G Stylo should certainly be among the first phones you should consider.

Battery.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.