cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Gaming on the LG G Stylo

lg_g4_stylus_0.jpg

I have been traveling a lot lately so I have had a lot of downtimes in airports and train stations. I am not a huge mobile gamer, but since I had the time I decided to download a few games on my new LG G Stylo to see how it would perform. I was looking to see if there were any issues with lag during the game, if the phone heated up too much, and how much it impacted the battery.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the first game I started to play. The screen on the Stylo is not the best, but it is not bad either. If you are not holding it up next to a flagship phone you would not notice how different they were. At the same time you are not getting the same color and clarity of a flagship phone like the LG G4. Playing the Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the LG G Stylo was a great experience. The picture was clear and the gameplay was smooth. I even tried using the stylus on certain parts, which ended up working pretty well. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about was the sound. The sound on the phone was crisp and clear and pretty loud. After playing it for about 20-30 minutes, the phone did start to heat up. It never got to an uncomfortable level, but I was slightly concerned. I decided to give it a rest before testing out the next game.

After about an hour I started to test out Monopoly. This is not a graphically intensive game, but I enjoyed playing it and it helped pass the time. With this game I used the stylus pretty much the whole time. It was a great experience and I was able to give my fingers a slight rest after using them for Spider-Man. I played Monopoly for the entire train ride to NYC. The phone heated up slightly but it didn’t get as hot as when playing the more graphically intense game.

As for the battery I can say that it handled the games about as good as I expected. The phone started at 100% and drained about halfway at the end of the 2 hours of playing games and downloading the data. For a mid-range phone with an awesome price point I feel you really are getting what you pay for when you buy the Stylo. If you love to play games you will be happy to know that it can really keep up with the best games out on the Android market.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee