cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Stylo Focus on the Camera

Journeyman

The LG G Stylo is an all-around great device. It won’t break the bank, and it comes with some awesome features that you don’t find at this price point. One of my favorite features (outside of the stylus of course!) is the camera.

The camera specs may not blow you away on paper, as the 8MP rear camera is something that plenty of other devices can match.

LG G Stylo camera specs (from Phone Arena):

• Camera: 8 megapixels
  • Flash: Dual LED
  • Features: Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Digital zoom, Voice activation, Self-timer, Autofocus (Laser), Touch to focus, Geo tagging
  • Settings: Exposure compensation
  • Shooting Modes: High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama
  • Camcorder: 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps)
  • Features: Video calling
  • Front-facing camera: 5 megapixels

LG sets the Stylo camera apart by including dual flash, OIS and voice activation, but a feature that LG is including on all of their best devices is something that I’ve never seen on another manufacturer’s device. The laser guided auto-focus. There isn’t another focusing apparatus out there that matches the laser. Besides that fact that you have a freaking laser on your phone, there is some practical use to it. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that it’s not the type of laser that can cut through steel, but I suppose it’s probably safer that way. However, when I’m using the camera to take pictures, and then change my focus to another target, the response rate is incredible. Here is a great 17 second video that demonstrates how fast the laser auto focus is. That’s really all you need to be convinced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9W8ZJic2aI

The video is showing a LG G3, but the laser autofocus is the same. So if you like taking pictures with your phone (and who doesn’t?) and you don’t want to worry about not getting the focus right, or just want a laser in your pocket go pick up the LG G Stylo.

Check out the other blogs in the PA space on:

LG G Stylo

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.