cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Stylo Photos

Sprint Product Ambassador

I love that I can replace the need to carry around a camera with my phone.  In the case of the LG G Stylo, it still takes great pictures although the resolution is not nearly as great as some of the higher end smartphones. 

The Stylo comes equipped with an 8 MP rear camera, and a 5 MP front facing camera.  Even though it is not 20 MP, it still takes great pictures.  Here are some of the features I wanted to highlight in conjunction with how I used my camera.

Having trouble getting the picture just right.  The Style camera has HDR capability.  In some lighting situations, I have had to turn HDR off.  Consequently, I have found in photos that need to capture a great number of colors, I will turn HDR on.  Taking selfies with such a large phone wouldn't be as easy if it weren't for gesture shot.  Get just the right angle, hold up your hand like you are going to give someone a high five, and close your fist.  A timer will initiate and take the photo automatically.  Or you can use the Cheese Shutter.  When you are ready, simply say "cheese" and the phone will capture the picture.  For selfies in low light scenarios, pinch the screen to reveal a brightened screen that helps to illuminate the picture.  Maybe you need to get more in your picture than is displayed in your frame.  Tap Mode and select Panorama.  You can then scale over to the rest of your surroundings to capture a panoramic photo.  As far as video goes, I didn't tend to have very many situations in which I wanted to capture video.  However, when I did use it, I noticed that the video was smooth, clear & crisp, and there was very little time between finishing the video and starting another.

All around, the LG G Stylo has a mediocre camera with the benefits of laser speed focus to deliver quality pictures worth keeping for you photo albums.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.