cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Stylo

0 Comments

device_145x250_a.gif

I have been using the LG G Stylo for the past two months and have really been able to put it through a lot of tests. In this blog I wanted to share some of my final thoughts and opinions. The first thing to keep in mind when looking at this phone is that it is a mid-range device. If you are looking for the top of the line specs and the top of the line hardware, you will be disappointed with the G Stylo. The phone was not build as a flagship device and it tries to fit into the category of phones that appeal to those who do not want to spend a ton of money on a phone. The best part is that LG knows people still want a quality device, even if they are not shelling out the big bucks. The G Stylo really delivers for a mid-range phone. The screen is good, the camera works perfectly and takes good photos, there is not a ton of lag while using the device, and making calls and sending texts work perfectly.

The stylus is one feature that really makes this phone stand out in its category. Most mid-range devices don’t come with extra features like a stylus. I found myself using it pretty frequently to take notes and draw on screenshots to save for later. It’s one of those features that is really nice to have, but is not necessary to use to have a good overall experience. The other awesome feature is that the phone comes with Lollipop right out of the box. You get the latest and greatest Android has to offer with the addition of LG software that is not too overwhelming. Overall the LG G Stylo is a very solid device for a great price. Give it a try if you are looking for a good mid-range device.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Well, I have been using the LG G Stylo for over a month and have added my most used apps, however, I have already experienced 'not enough space'. Seriously, I don't use that many apps and predominately have a few social and a few business apps but reached a limit and had "insufficient space". This forced me to remove pictures and other apps to load apps when immediate use was needed. So I spend time uninstalling and reinstalling less frequently used apps.

For example, today as I walked across the Sprint campus, I stopped to grab a community bike but in order to continue it was necessary for me to download QRC reader and could not.

qrc cant load.png

And then validated my total space and realized I again will need to remove some downloads, pictures, and apps. This is a bit frustrating and I feel a bit miffed since I really don't use many apps and my current use is more likely typical of a nonTech user. I love the use of the LG Stylo for texting, calling, and some social use, it seems to me that I should have more space available and not be required to manage my space as often as I do.

So I search to figure out how to save to my SD card instead of my device all the time.

Found this on the Sprint Community page:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot-issues-related-to-low-internal-memory-on-your...

This article was very helpful. I proceeded to clear some space by moving to SD card and cleaning out my cache. It was easy to do.

move and clear.png

So as easy as it was, it was still a nuisance. I would probably think about my internal storage space in the future as I purchase devices and consider saving to my SD card more often.

"The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint."

0 Comments

case.jpg

When it comes to mid-range phones the option for cases can be somewhat limited. Most of the major manufactures don’t make cases for non-flagship phones so you have to start looking at unknown companies. In my past experiences this has turned out to be a great thing because you find great cases for awesome prices. Most of the time I try to get cases that add protection without a lot of bulk. For the G Stylo I wanted to try something a little different, so I picked up the LK Defender Case. If you were to compare the case to a larger manufacturer, I would say its most like the Otterbox Defender cases.

The back of the LK Defender case has a Lego like pattern with a rubber feel. The sides and the outline of the back can be black, or you can choose from a few different colors. Overall I really like the look and I know that it has a lot of protection. The feel of the case is really great. With the rubber back you have added grip and it really makes the phone easier to hold. With the extra grip comes a bulkier phone. The defender case adds a lot of bulk, but it does not make it hard to hold. My biggest complaint is that it makes the phone harder to put in your pocket.

If you are looking for a slimmer case there are a ton of options you can find if you search the internet. The LK Defender case is perfect for someone who is hard on their phones and does not care about a little extra bulk. The G Stylo is a great entry level phone and would be perfect for kids, and this case would be an awesome match for that demographic.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

As a product ambassador reviewing the LG G Stylo, I wanted to share my thoughts on this smartphone after extensive use of the device.  On a 5 point scale, I would rate this device as a 3 star device.  It really is a great device, but is lacking many of the luxuries I have come to know with more advanced smartphones.  To start, the process and RAM on the device is mid-level.  I have found that when multitasking, the device gets much more warm than what I am used to.  I frequently find myself making sure other apps are closed when I open up a graphics-intensive game.  Additionally, the on-device storage is low with only 8 GB of memory without including system space.  The ability to add more storage using a micro-sd card is crucial for this phone.  I thought I would be disappointed with the camera since it is only 8 MP, however, the camera really is wonderful.  Great pictures, easy to capture, and great auto-focus make the camera and video functionality a big plus.  More importantly, the larger screen size and stylus makes this device unique to most others.  I believe this would be a great phone for an entrepreneur as the stylus has such a variety of different uses that enable the user to conduct business transactions with ease.  Finally, a great battery life incorporated in with the already vibrant design of the device sure up the prospect of a smartphone that looks fantastic while maintaining a lengthy period of usefulness on a daily basis.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The constant evolution of smartphones involves making tasks more simple.  LG has made the notification bar simple and intuitive for the LG G Stylo.  I like having quick access to settings and tasks, and the notification bar provides that access.  The question becomes: "How do I determine which items show up in the Quick settings listed at the top of the notification bar?"  Well, I am here to show you how.  Drag down your notification bar, and scroll all the way over to the right until you see "Edit."

Screenshot_2015-08-16-22-37-25.png

After selecting Edit, you will see Quick Setting.  Place a check mark in the items you wish to show up in the Quick Settings.  You can also rearrange the order in which the items display from left to right by dragging the three lines icon next to each setting up or down.  A big one for me was the Battery Saver option, which I would find myself using when I didn't have access to a charger, and needed to conserve battery life.

Screenshot_2015-08-16-22-37-46.png

This feature definitely makes the LG G Stylo a more friendly and functional smartphone.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I love that I can replace the need to carry around a camera with my phone.  In the case of the LG G Stylo, it still takes great pictures although the resolution is not nearly as great as some of the higher end smartphones. 

The Stylo comes equipped with an 8 MP rear camera, and a 5 MP front facing camera.  Even though it is not 20 MP, it still takes great pictures.  Here are some of the features I wanted to highlight in conjunction with how I used my camera.

Having trouble getting the picture just right.  The Style camera has HDR capability.  In some lighting situations, I have had to turn HDR off.  Consequently, I have found in photos that need to capture a great number of colors, I will turn HDR on.  Taking selfies with such a large phone wouldn't be as easy if it weren't for gesture shot.  Get just the right angle, hold up your hand like you are going to give someone a high five, and close your fist.  A timer will initiate and take the photo automatically.  Or you can use the Cheese Shutter.  When you are ready, simply say "cheese" and the phone will capture the picture.  For selfies in low light scenarios, pinch the screen to reveal a brightened screen that helps to illuminate the picture.  Maybe you need to get more in your picture than is displayed in your frame.  Tap Mode and select Panorama.  You can then scale over to the rest of your surroundings to capture a panoramic photo.  As far as video goes, I didn't tend to have very many situations in which I wanted to capture video.  However, when I did use it, I noticed that the video was smooth, clear & crisp, and there was very little time between finishing the video and starting another.

All around, the LG G Stylo has a mediocre camera with the benefits of laser speed focus to deliver quality pictures worth keeping for you photo albums.

0 Comments

Second week using the LG G Stylo. As I mentioned before, I loved how the LG G Stylo it felt in my hand. But sad story, slippery without a case. Three drops to the floor and BAM, broke the screen even with a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass. I realize I am a klutz, but the device is very sleek which in turn means easy to drop out of my hand. I am now in the process of working my way through how to get the screen replaced and understanding the warranty with ZAGG.  The Sprint store options for the LG G Stylo was null so I opted to get the glass cover until I could order an effective and low cost case to protect the device.

I had planned on ordering online a case, but dang, dropped the phone on my way to the car. #Fumbled

I see many great posts from my other Product Ambassadors on options for the cases and will be ordering today!!

"The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint."

0 Comments

How can I make my LG G Stylo even more fun that it already is? 

It’s a gia-normous screen. 

It uses LASERS for focusing the camera.

It has a stylus…

The stylus… that’s the ticket!  Two main draws to this device, IMHO, are the screen size and the stylus.  It’s strange, because users can purchase an after-market stylus for any device, but users seem drawn to devices that have nifty add-ons, like a stylus, or a kickstand, or other knick-knacky integrated accessories into the device.

So besides taking notes and drawing horrible pictures, what else can I do?

I can play games - and the one game that I have noticed is super fun and incorporates my absolutely horrible drawing skills is the Draw A Stickman series.  The game is fun, immersive, and is a good use of the stylus to take time out of your otherwise busy day and just play a good, adventure game.

The story starts with the user drawing his characters, and then one of the characters promptly being kidnapped.  The user has to go through multiple levels, using various tools/features to unlock clues and remove obstacles in order to reach your final goal of finding your lost friend.  Aside from initially drawing your character that works his way through various levels, you will also have to draw keys, fire, hammers, and other tools using your own drawing skills to get through different levels.

I am not much of a gamer.  However, I’ve found this to be pretty entertaining.  Aside from the fact that it uses my horribly drawn character, the story is fun and engaging enough to keep playing, and to also look at the newer versions of the game.

If you have other drawing games you like to play on the LG G Stylo, what are they? 

S

0 Comments

You need a smart phone.

Why?

You need to check your Facebook feed, or your Twitter feed, or your email while you are on the road.  You search for housewares, cars, clothes, watches while you are on the train.  Or you get in a few, indulgent minutes of Candy Crush in while you are on the bus.

At the end of the day, the kids come back from camp, and they are ready for a screen. Whether it’s Teen Titans, or YouTubers, or Little Big Planet, there is a screen that is calling to your kids, and depending on the rules in your home, they will indulge before or after dinner for an hour or two.

And then there’s the in between time.  The time where they want to just… check something out.  A new music video, or a cool drawing game.  And that’s where Mom’s phone comes in. 

I can’t tell you how often I hear that every week.  “Mom can I use your phone?”  Except for the past few weeks, that has changed.

“Dad can I use your phone?”  Why?  Why is it changing?  Because Dad’s phone has the pen thingy.  I can draw.  I can play games.  I can watch movies.

“How is the resolution boys?”

“I think it’s still ok Dad.  How can I tell if I broke the resolution?”  So maybe my 9yo isn’t as technical as my 11 yo, who would just shrug me off and say “Hold on… lemme finish this YouTube video…” 

This is the feedback that I hear from users and from sales people in stores.  The phone very aptly fits the soccer mom demographic.  It’s a BIG screen and an elegant design.  The camera is excellent to snap pictures in an instant.  And with the stylus, the kids will want to play more on this device than Dad’s work phone.  And it’s VERY reasonably priced. 

If you are in the habit of handing your smart phone over to your kids to play with for a while, the LG G Stylo fits the bill.  Big enough to watch a movie in the back of the car, but not awkwardly huge. 

Get one in your hands in a local Sprint store.  Even try comparing it to the LG G4 to see if you can tell the difference, and even if you can, ask yourself if it really matters!

D

0 Comments

When new phones come out you can usually find reviews from tech web-sites. A lot of times these reviewers are using a phone for a few weeks, and then writing a quick review. I find with mid-range phones they often don’t get the time they deserve to get a full comprehensive review. My favorite way to really get opinions of phones is to look at Sprint.com. Customers who have actually bought the phone and have been using it will tell you how they feel about it. The G Stylo has very mixed reviews with some people saying it’s a really good phone, to others saying they do not like it at all. Here is what some of our customers are saying about the LG G Stylo:

Review1.jpgReview 2.jpgReview 3.jpgReveiw 4.jpg

0 Comments

For the past 5 weeks, I used the G Stylo, until the fateful day when my wife broke her phone. I then had to pass on mine to her to hopefully use and keep in one piece. As a mid tier phone goes, it is one of the best that I've ever had. It is no G4, Note 4 or even Galaxy S6, however it is in the top of the next tier down. This phone is for those who want some quality without putting a huge dent in the budget. For a monthly lease of 12 bucks a month (That's a chipotle bowl with guac and a drink).

lg-g-stylo-sprint-press.jpg

The screen size, the quality of design and the stylus are highlights of this device. The screen size is great, recently my wife has been watching Netflix in bed (buffy the vampire slayer). I have 3 small children, last week my son decided to take my Roku remote and throw it in a bath tub full of water. Luckily the Stylo was at the rescue to act as a soft remote for the Roku. I would suggest this phone for non power users, those like my wife who just want a good phone that she can take once in a while to the gym and listen to music. This phone is for the cost conscious users out there. It is a good and sturdy device that will take care of you as long as you take care of it.

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

No puede ser…

Uno se acostumbra a lo que sea mientras que se va repitiendo.  Cositas que hace la computadora, o que hacen los hijos  o esposa, o que hace el celular.  Yo estoy bien entrenado al hecho que mi telefono NUNCA va a llegar al fin del dia sin cargarse por lo menos media hora o una hora en algún momento durante el dia. 

Por eso, me asustó un dia entre semana cuando mire al telefono para ver que solamente quedaba 47% de la bateria.  Eran las 12 y media, osea que me parecio muy raro que algo habia jalado tanta energía en sol 5 horas de uso.  Entré a los Ajustes a ver exactamente lo que estaba utilizando tanta energía, y vi esto en “Uso de la batería”:

“Uso de la batería: 34 h 21 min.”

No puede ser...

Se me olvidó conectarlo anoche?  Pero cómo es posible que un equipo con una pantalla tan grande no se desgasta rápidamente? 

Ésta semana, hice otro experimento. Mientras que estoy utilizando otro telefono, dejé el LG G Stylo prendido, solamente revisando varias veces al dia cuanto queda de la batería.  Todavia no lo he conectado… DESDE SÁBADO EN LA MAÑANA!

No puede ser?  Si se puede

Si necesitas algo que va a durar mas que un dia, no busquen mas!  Este telefono durará!

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

After nearly six weeks experimenting the LG Stylo I am somewhat attached to the device.  The screen size and clarity have impressed me a great deal.  For most people, I believe the camera image quality is more than enough in most situations; except for some extreme lighting condition most of the pictures came out very nice.

The battery life is excellent.  It is certainly the best on a number of cameras I have used in the last few years.

A few of the things that we need to watch for:

1.   The memory size.  The exercise of moving the apps to the external SD card can be tedious at time.  However, after moving all the apps that I can move to the SD card, the memory available (just above 1GB) does not put me at ease. I hope manufacturer can give me at least 16GB not 8GB to start with.

2.   Voice quality, do not know if it is just me, but found that sometime my phone call was noisy, the sound did not come through clear.  This is not yet confirmed as a real issue.

3.   The system response can be slow at time, particularly if Facebook is currently active.  It would take a few seconds to switch to home screen, for example, when facebook is one of the active app running.

I think if LG can provide an update to fix issue 3 above then the LG G Stulo will be a very competitive Android device.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I wanted to just put a few quick and final thoughts down about the LG G Stylus. This has been a fantastic device to use, and I'm telling all of my friends and family about this device. This is one of my favorite devices I've used for a long time. I'm becoming more and more an LG fanboy.

The LG G Stylo has a lot to offer the smartphone world. It has a huge screen that serves as a window into a solid LG UI and a great stylus. The low cost furthers the appeal to run out to your nearest store and pick one of these up.

My personal experience with the device has been very positive. I used the Stylo as my primary device for the last few weeks and didn’t have to sacrifice any performance even though I came from a “flagship” device. The experience was fluid, fast and using the Stylus was a lot of fun. One of the unexpected things was all of the apps I discovered. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable with which apps I want on my phone. I don’t spend a lot of time discovering new apps anymore. It was refreshing to have a device with a specific hardware feature for which I could search through the app store.

The stylus opened up a whole new world of note taking and handwriting apps to me. I’ve used a phone with a stylus before, but the LG G Stylo has the most stylish and comfortable styluses (styli?) I’ve ever used. If you’re looking for a device with a great feature set at a low cost, and don’t want to sacrifice style or performance then you should take a look at the LG G Stylo.

LG G Stylo

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

0 Comments

I really enjoy interacting via voice with my Android devices. However, I prefer listening to a UK version of English, rather than the American English when my device talks back to me. To me, it sounds more polished and enjoyable for listening. I figured others might feel the same way, so here is a tutorial on how to change your voice output on your LG G Stylo.

Step One

Change your Text-to-speech output language

• Settings > General > Language & Input > Speech - Text-to-speech output
    • Under preferred engine, you will see “Google Text-to-speech engine(You might try to install other TTS engines from Google Play which may or may not work. I prefer to stick with the standard options offered from Google).
    • Tap the “gear” icon to the right of “Google Text-to-speech engine.”
    • Tap Language.
    • Select English (United Kingdom)
    • Tap “Settings for Google Text-to-speech engine” and make certain “Auto-update voices” is selected.
    • Go back one screen and tap “Install voice data
    • Select English (United Kingdom). Then select the English (United Kingdom) voices you want to install… either male, female, or both (I installed both, and selected the male version of the voice).
    • Now, under Settings > General > Language & Input > Speech - Text-to-speech output > Default Language Status > you should see “English (United Kingdom) is fully supported”  
    • On that same screen, you can tap on Speech Rate to select how fast or slow you’d like your speech rate to be (my preference is “Very Fast”). You can also tap on Pitch Change to change the pitch of the voice.
    • Tap on “Listen to an example” to play a demonstration of speech synthesis.
    • If the rate is too fast, slow, low, or high, adjust as necessary.

The above will change the voice output for Google Maps and other apps that use TTS output. I find that when I use Google Maps, the voice sometimes toggles back and forth between UK male and female. It does make it a bit more interesting with the two voices tag-teaming my routes.

Step Two

Changing the Voice Output in the Google app (Google Now). If you’d like to change the voice to English (UK) for Google Now, there are a few settings you need to change in Google Now (I recommend doing this so when you query Google you’ll receive a pleasant UK voice for the output).

• Open Google (google app) > Settings > Voice > Languages > English (UK) (Make certain only “English (UK)” is selected. On my device, I mistakenly had multiple English voices selected simultaneously (UK, US, and Australia). This caused my Google Now to keep using the US version of English instead of the UK version. After tinkering a bit, I discovered I needed to remove the other checked languages and keep only English (UK).
  • Change the Search Language. Open the Google app > Settings > Search Language > English (UK)

Now, you can take pleasure in having a more polished and pleasant voice speak to you from your brilliant LG G Stylo. Enjoy!

The LG G Stylo is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The LG G Stylo comes equipped with an impressive 3000 mAh battery that provides up to 24 hours of talk time, but I actually find it lasting longer for me. There are some smart ways you can manage and monitor your battery life with the built-in software on your LG G Stylo.

Battery Saver

In case you encounter a time where you need to conserve your battery, be sure to enable the built-in battery saver. When battery saver is enabled, features such as brightness and vibration are reduced when in use. Also, apps are restricted in the background. In addition, notifications, downloading, and streaming may also be restricted.

batterypowersaving.png

To enable battery saver, follow this path on the Stylo...

Settings > General > Battery & power saving > tap on Battery saver > select either "Immediately, 5%, or 15%" > tap ON

Battery Usage Level

Built into your device are other battery monitoring tools, one of which is Battery Usage Level. This will show you a graph of the remaining battery life based upon a three hour usage pattern.

batteryusagelevel.png

To access Battery Usage Level, follow this path on the Stylo...

Settings > General > Battery & power saving > Battery usage > Battery Usage Level

Battery Use Details

Another neat feature is that you can see which components use the most battery in the Battery Use Details area, such as how much battery your screen is using, or Facebook, etc.

batteryusage.png

To access Battery Use Details, follow this path on the Stylo...

Settings > General > Battery & power saving > Battery usage > scroll down to Battery Use Details

Overall, I have been quite pleased with the battery life of the LG G Stylo. If you are in the market for an affordable smart device that will last you a while on a single charge, definitely check out the LG G Stylo, available at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I found this hands on video and if your on the fence about getting this device I hope it helps.  It has an impressive spec sheet and is all around solid device.

Video found here LG G Stylo - [Hands On] - LG G4 Alternative - Boost Mobile - 1GB/8GB - 5.7" HD - 4G LTE - 3...

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

I found a great comparison piece between the Lumia 1030 and the Stylo.  I will show you the snippets:

Microsoft Lumia 1030 is the smartphone from Microsoft with 5.0 inches screen and the resolution of the screen is 1080 x 1920 pixels pixels. Phone was announced in Exp. announcement 2015, Q1. Screen of the phone comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.

LG G Stylo (CDMA) is the smartphone from with 5.7 inches screen and the resolution of the screen is 720 x 1280 pixels pixels. Phone was announced in 2015, May. Screen of the phone comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.

Touch

Microsoft Lumia 1030 provide the support for multi-touch and the screen comes with 1080 x 1920 pixels (Approximately 441 ppi pixel density) resolution.

LG G Stylo (CDMA) provide the support for multi-touch and the screen comes with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.

Camera

Microsoft Lumia 1030 comes with Primary camera is of 50 MP and the second camera is of 2 MP.

Primary camera is of 8 MP and the second camera is of 5 MP in the device LG G Stylo (CDMA).

Battery

Battery of the Microsoft Lumia 1030 is Non-removable Li-Ion.

Battery of the LG G Stylo (CDMA) is Li-Ion 3000 mAh.

Display

Display size of the Microsoft Lumia 1030 is 5.0 inches and display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels pixels.

Display size of the LG G Stylo (CDMA) is 5.7 inches and display resolution is 720 x 1280 pixels pixels.

Storage

Microsoft Lumia 1030 device comes with the 32 GB storage supported model(s).

LG G Stylo (CDMA) device comes with the 8 GB storage supported model(s).

Full article can be found Microsoft Lumia 1030 vs LG G Stylo (CDMA) : Comparison of Features and Specification

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

One of my favorite features that LG has in their smartphones is their camera software, and the LG G Stylo comes equipped with LG’s awesome camera software.

If I need to take a selfie, I grab my LG device. Their front facing camera software is fantastic.The front-facing camera is 5 megapixels with a Full HD Camcorder. Some of the features it offers are…

Some of the unique features of the LG Stylo’s front facing camera are:

Gesture shot

LG’s Gesture Shot allows you to take a picture with a hand gesture using the front camera.To take a photo with a gesture...

1. Activate the front camera lens
  2. With an open palm, raise your hand until the front camera detects it (a box appears on the screen)
  3. Make a fist to start a countdown before the shot is taken

Beauty Shot

LG’s beauty shot softens the skin, taking nearly ten years off your face.To take a photo with beauty shot

1. Activate the front camera lens
  2. Slide the beautify slider to the right to soften facial features
  3. Take the picture

Interval Shot

LG’s interval shot allows you to take four selfies with the timer.Take 4 selfies via timer

Soft Light

The screen will illuminate a soft light around the photo preview for well-lit selfies.

Geo-Tagging

Include location information with photos and videos.

Cheese Shutter

Cheese shutter is a way to take a picture with your voice. To activate…

1. Open the camera
  2. Tap settings
  3. Tap the icon that looks like a person speaking
  4. Say one of the following…
    • Cheese
    • Smile
    • Whiskey
    • Kimchi
    • LG

Stylo.png

If you’re in the market for an affordable device that takes great selfies, definitely check out the LG G Stylo, available at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

For every smartphone and tablet out there, it is always a challenge to take a screenshot. I always hate to have to press two buttons at the same time to get a screenshot, I have never had luck of successfully taking a screenshot on the first try.  If the combination is power+vol down, then most of the time I managed to change by volume setting or get popped up a window asking if I want to restart or power off the phone.

The LG Stylo screenshot sequence is simultaneously pressing the power and vol down buttons. This poses another challenge that the power and volume down button are too close to each other.  The LG designers probably realized that so they offer an alternative easy method to take a screenshot.

From any screen, if you swipe down the top status line, the following window will pop up:

201508041219154cb07ca489439233.jpg

You notice the Quick Memo+ icon on the top left corner.  If you click that, it will capture the screenshot of the window that was presented prior you swiping down the status line.

The capture screen picture will be displayed, remember to click the check mark on the top left to save the capture image.

Voila!

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

My wife is a self-proclaimed Klutz ( I hope she doesn't read this). She recently dropped her phone which was only a year old. Crash! it now looks like front cover from Charlottes web. The first thing she does is call me to give the bad news. Her tone is hysterical, what do I do? I calmly tell her, don't worry honey I've got you covered. I told her to get the LG G Stylo and activate it. Crisis averted, she was back to texting and facebooking in 30 minutes.

It has been a week since the great phone massacre. My wife absolutely loves the phone, the only complaint that she has is that it is a little big for her hands. She loves the interface, this was especially surprising considering she was coming from the IOS platform. The stylus was an added bonus as she is able to take quick notes without having to dig in her purse which can sometimes look like the Mines of Moria (a Tolkien reference for those who dont know). The size is also a plus point only when she is watching a cooking video, she doesn't have to squint down to see how much garlic needs to be added, BAM! She also noted how awesome it was to watch a movie on the phone, which is also a plus for her with the big screen.

I am not taking anything for granted, this phone will have a case on it. Please forgive me honey, if you are reading this.

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

So in the last few weeks I have had the joy with the LG G Stylo device. I love the size, the shape and the clear screen. And of course as an Android fan, I have been pleased with ease of transitioning from my former Android devices to this LG G Stylo. I use the stylus for meeting notes and my grocery and TO DO lists. But the sad discovery. No ability to sync my Samsung Gear S with this LG device.

gear for lg_2015-07-28-10-27-59.png

I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to stay connected with my calendar, emails, text messages and phone calls when I habitually used my Gear. I LOVED tracking my steps and exercise routines and kept perfect track of my sleep patterns. Proved many times over to my spouse that he keeps me awake with his snoring. But, lo and behold, the minute I searched to download and Bluetooth my LG G Stylo device with the Gear S, I found there was no option. I searched for answers on the web but couldn't find the option.

So if anyone out there finds the process, please let me know. Otherwise, I will be seeking a new fitness wearable to keep track of my activeness or inactiveness.

Still love many of the features of my LG G Stylo - just not the missing option for my Gear S.

0 Comments

Recently I was able to capture a quick photo with my LG G Stylo. As you may recall, this device's rear camera is 8MP BSI Laser Auto Focus, so my expectations were high since this is the same spec as my former device that seemed to present very clear pictures. In fact, my Android devices seem to give much cleaner pics than many of the iphone pictures I seen from those around me. However, sadly, I am seeing some distortion with some pictures of late. The below picture was taken with the rear camera. The camera was set with HD On. Now, in my limited knowledge, I thought HD meant High Definition which to me meant higher clarity or rather not fuzzy. In fact images produced by cameras are often collectively referred to as high definition (HD) or as megapixel images. The megapixel images is the key. So yes they are high definition and somewhat clear, but with megapixel images we see some distortion and when cropping even more may occur.

So this group shot was HD On and it is somewhat clear but in spots there is blurring and some fuzziness. Not the clearest picture.

(Picture 1) pic 1.png

However, this awesome, Sprint KC EBC group shot outside with the front facing camera - 5MP BSI - the picture seems much clearer. No HD to contend with, or perhaps it is because there was outside sunshine which supported a clearer image. (Picture 2) pic 2.png

Even a cropped picture still looks amazing. NOTE: the subject are easy on the eyes too!

(Picture 3) pic 3 crop.png

But this cropped shot gives some further distortion.

(Picture 4) pic 4 crop.png

So more trial and error with the LG G Stylo camera to understand the value of using HD (landscapes etc) but ensuring the HD is OFF when taking pictures of people is required. The outcome should be clear cropped pictures instead of needing to zoom in on the subject while taking the picture.

Moral of the story: check the HD settings and have it set for the right picture taking needs. Still am loving the LG G Stylo though. Meeting my work needs. More to come.

0 Comments

LG G Stylo, One Last Look at an Exciting New Device - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Concluding my series of blogs, I can summarize the LG G Stylo rather easily.  Your bottom line is, you get exceptional value at a very affordable price.

Full (off contract) pricing is a mere $288 (That can easily be spanned across 24 equal payments).  A 2/yr service agreement can place the LG G Stylo in hand for $49.99 (after rebate and instant savings).  It’s certainly a commitment that won’t break the bank but don’t be skeptical...  You get a lot of features for this modest price:

As equipped, you get top notch features that you would normally expect to see on smart phones much higher in price. First and foremost, you get a vibrant 5.7” touchscreen with HD resolution.  The screen is big, easy to see and even easier to navigate.  You get a quad core processor that gives you good speed and Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which opens the ability to run all your favorite apps. The standard 3000 mAH Li-Ion battery may say “standard” but under the sum total of specs, you’ll get up to 24 hours of talk time. You’ll also see early on how the battery will take you further than most phones in this price class and many more priced above.  The phone just performs nice, reliable and ready day after day.

Now queue in the stylus, which is an important part of the namesake and you’ll find integration and navigation that many users might just be looking for.  Don’t know much about modern smartphones, still playing with that Palm Pilot from 1997? Well, the LG G Stylo is a friendly introduction to help catch you up to speed. By adding “Google Handwriting Input” or many other 3rd party apps, you can turn the LG G Stylo into something far separated from the keyboard and a device that stands well on its own (beyond tapping finger to screen).

I for one am a bit of an LG-fanboy and one thing I love with LG, is you get familiar similarities that span all phones in the G Series. You get Knock On wake up, a screen layout that feels natural, construction that is consistent, button placement that feels ergonomic and many other hidden treasures that tie things together. 

Here’s one cool trick that is shared with the LG G Stylo and LG G4:

Quick Isolated Clock Access: From a blank locked screen, touch the screen and immediately swipe down about an inch (and hold).  The clock with show up (under a mostly black screen) and quickly hide when your finder is released.  This is a very cool feature especially, when you are in a place where screen brightness can be distracting to others.

Can you find any more cool ticks and features?  I welcome you to explore.  The LG G Stylo is a great place to start.

LGGS.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

0 Comments

The LG G Stylo is an all-around great device. It won’t break the bank, and it comes with some awesome features that you don’t find at this price point. One of my favorite features (outside of the stylus of course!) is the camera.

The camera specs may not blow you away on paper, as the 8MP rear camera is something that plenty of other devices can match.

LG G Stylo camera specs (from Phone Arena):

• Camera: 8 megapixels
  • Flash: Dual LED
  • Features: Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Digital zoom, Voice activation, Self-timer, Autofocus (Laser), Touch to focus, Geo tagging
  • Settings: Exposure compensation
  • Shooting Modes: High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama
  • Camcorder: 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps)
  • Features: Video calling
  • Front-facing camera: 5 megapixels

LG sets the Stylo camera apart by including dual flash, OIS and voice activation, but a feature that LG is including on all of their best devices is something that I’ve never seen on another manufacturer’s device. The laser guided auto-focus. There isn’t another focusing apparatus out there that matches the laser. Besides that fact that you have a freaking laser on your phone, there is some practical use to it. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that it’s not the type of laser that can cut through steel, but I suppose it’s probably safer that way. However, when I’m using the camera to take pictures, and then change my focus to another target, the response rate is incredible. Here is a great 17 second video that demonstrates how fast the laser auto focus is. That’s really all you need to be convinced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9W8ZJic2aI

The video is showing a LG G3, but the laser autofocus is the same. So if you like taking pictures with your phone (and who doesn’t?) and you don’t want to worry about not getting the focus right, or just want a laser in your pocket go pick up the LG G Stylo.

Check out the other blogs in the PA space on:

LG G Stylo

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

0 Comments

If you are looking for a phone for your child then I would suggest getting them the LG Stylo.  I have been using this phone for several weeks now and my 3 year old daughter has used it more than I have.  She really loved using the stylus on this phone.  Most of the applications that I have downloaded are applications that you can use a stylus such as drawing apps and a Spa/Makeup app.  My daughter is able to turn the phone on using KnockOn and she is able to navigate this phone easily.

The other think that she uses this phone for is to watch videos.  She loves using Netflix or a Disney move app that I downloaded for her.  This size of this phone makes it perfect to watch movies.  I would highly suggest this phone for anyone that is wanting a cost effective phone for their child.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Display.png

The LG Stylo has a 5.7 inch display.  If you are looking for something inexpensive and you like large phones than this would be the phone to get.  The back of this phone is slightly curved just like the LG G4 and it fits perfectly in your hand.  The display itself is 720p resolution but still looks great.  Video's and photos look good enough on this phone for its price.  This phone would be great for watching You Tube or streaming Netflix.  The size of this phone is also great while using the stylus.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Am I game to try to put the LG G Stylo camera vs. the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, whic I consider to have the best phone camera ever?  Maybe, maybe not.

I have been very impressed with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge camera, especially in low light condition.  So I tried to take some shots on the LG G Stylo and the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.  The photos have been reduced in size to fit the forum posting limit. Again, I also chose to use my Bowie as the model <3

20150715_215733.jpg

LG G Stylo

20150715_215647.jpg

Galaxy Note Edge

20150715_220901.jpg

LG G Stylo

20150715_220715.jpg

Galaxy Note Edge

These photos are taken indoors without flash under normal house lighting.  I found that the LG G Stylo performs really well under this lighting condition. The Note Edge may have an edge on the clarity and color composition.

Under extreme low light, that is where the Note Edge is still far superior:

20150717_071531.jpg

LG G Stylo

20150717_071506.jpg

Galaxy Note Edge

In summary, I find that the LG G Stylo camera quality is pretty good and would fit most people’s photos need for party photos etc.

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

I have found the best apps to get the full use out of the amazing stylus that comes with the LG G Stylo.  So here they are:

Character Maker - How to draw        

This app is for beginners. If your drawing skill is proficient, you don't need to download this app

=========================================

Character Maker - How to draw

========================================= 

Skitch

See something that sparks an idea? Use Skitch to snap it, mark it up with simple tools, and send it on in an instant. Your bold ideas stand out even brighter with Skitch.

People everywhere use Skitch to help them visually share their thoughts with others. Here are a few ways you can use it, too:

FOR FUN

Mark up photos of silly, cool, or inspiring things you see and share them via social, email, SMS, and more.

FOR HOME

Annotate photos of your backyard to plan out your vegetable garden.

FOR SCHOOL

Share a diagram of the earth?s layers and have students label it with you.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/1QN_6TZ1Yi2fn8VuFnb7b9BrBlRTQHYQmqozJNlKhpTx9IOBa3z3yj9xMXZCuunb-A=h900-rwhttps://lh4.ggpht.com/2CMGIDE4xr5M_RTrYx7kWfbGga7Vqw7xc0sY5q00RirhP1HXzQDcgB5h9rjpLXVmgNg=h900-rw

Scribble Racer:Fun Simple Game

Description

Follow the line with your finger or pen while the track scrolls faster and faster. The competition against your friends is on, stay in the line and make the highest score!

The lovely hand drawn tracks are full of collectable fruits, stars and obstacles. It's not only a fun kids game but also an awesome challenge for adults.

Be careful and concentrate! Even it's a simple game, it can be very tricky to stay within the narrow line. Your reaction will be tested to the limit!

Scribble Racer is optimized for the Samsung Galaxy Note series with S Pen but also great to play on non S Pen devices!

Download the free and addictive 'stay in the line' - type game now and find yourself in the worldwide online leaderboard!

(All descriptions and videos taken from Google PlayStore or Youtube)

0 Comments

One Good Stylus Deserves Another - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Just one thing that I wanted to remind the masses of, is although your new LG G Stylo comes complete with a stylus, it won't get jealous if you buy another one besides the stock offering.

I for one have big hands.  I love the stylus and use the stylus but there are times when I need a bit more precision, comfort or whatever.  That's why I was happily surprised to see most generic capacitive stylus work just fine too.  If you do an online search and you'll find countless options.  Most of the aftermarket iPad options work fine but don't get sad when you break out your collection of vintage Palm OS stylus. Many predecessor PDA's used a resistive touchscreen and are not compatible with today's standards.

Also before you get too heart-broken, the Stylo stylus doesn't work on a LG G4 or other phones, as again standards are not all the same and your LG G Stylo is specifically designed to optimally use both a stylus and finger-touch for navigation. 

So I guess the next big question is, which stylus to buy? That might be according to your own personal taste and fit.  Right now I'm using a fairly generic stylus. It's about 4 ½" long and has a ¼" tip that's not to firm.  So far it works good in practically all applications and even draws fairly well but I certainly encourage you to test drive a few before settling on a dream stylus.

Another good thing is the stylus market is vast and pricing is competitive so why not buy a few.  I for one, have one on my desk at work and one in the pencil cup on my desk at home. Combine those with the stock stylus and I'm never without.

Power to the pen (or stylus)!

Stylus.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador