1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

LG G2 Software Update -  ZVA

Enhancements/Fixes

- Enables BC 26 and 41

- Enabling Sprint Spark Icons

- Fixes to Google Hangout issues related to VM and MMS

Important Notes

- Software version is ZVA

- Refer to the LG G2 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

222 REPLIES 222
Journeyman

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Great news!  However, I have not received the OTA Notification for yet and manually checking for the firmware update currently results in 'No firmware update available' (as of 01/27/2014 @ 8am PST).

Journeyman

What are BC 26 and 41? Does this enable the missing Spark hands?

Journeyman

Haven't received it here in Houston Texas as of yet. Hopefully I will get it before the day is over. This is the last deciding factor for me.

Journeyman

Got the update this morning in NC. Speeds are relatively low due to being just over 2 miles from the tower.Screenshot_2014-01-27-11-35-02.png

Journeyman

I checked online for info on this update and some articles were saying that I'd have to "Obtain your MSL then call ##DATA# Click LTE, edit and enable all bands" for Spark to work, is this true or not?

Journeyman

All I did was install the update and Spark was enabled.

Journeyman

Also, I checked the number out and it took me to some sort of device manager page. There was an LTE option, I clicked on it, and it showed that the bands were disabled. Does that mean when my G2 updated itself that it forgot to enable them?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Day 2 and still haven't received the OTA update yet!!

Journeyman

Any estimated time frame for when Houston Texas LG G2 owners will get this update?

Almost the end of day 2 and have yet to receive the OTA update

Journeyman

The text that I quoted below is from a Google employee regarding how OTA (Over the Air) updates work. Yes, I know, it's not a "Nexus" device, but the updates are still being sent out from Google, Sprint/LG just decide what they are sending out, and when.

Rollouts are conducted in phases. Typically they start at 1% of devices for around 24 - 48 hours; we watch the return rates and resulting device checkins and error reports (if any), and make sure nothing looks wrong before sending it to more. Then typically it goes to 25%, 50%, 100% over the course of a week or two.

What the percentages mean is that when your device checks in, it has a 1% chance (for example) of being offered the OTA. If it doesn't (randomly) get an offer, it will never get an offer until the next batch.

IOW, once your device checks in and gets turned down, that's it until the next batch. Mashing on the "check for updates" button just causes your device to check in again, and get automatically turned down again. Think about how that makes your device feel! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE PHONES?!

That said, once the new batch does start, hitting that button does give you a new roll of the dice -- but once. Since devices usually only check in for system updates every 24 hours (I think? Certainly on a many-hours basis) this can get you your shot sooner than it would happen on its own.

So, mash away. Just be patient, and mashing on it more often than once or twice a day isn't going to gain you anything.

Edit: also, keep in mind that this isn't first-come/first-served. You're not racing other devices to get your slot in the current batch, or something.

Master

rj2142-

Greetings! Once the update hits your device, it will enable the dormant LTE bands. It can take a few days for you to receive the update.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat