cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Journeyman

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Then reply to those people posting connection speeds. Must be fake. All im saying is be patient. No need to get all mad. Just cancel and go sonewhere else. I seriously just replied because there are so many people getting mad at these so called bots(Human) . In reality they are human bots just making statements that sprint allow them to make. Just be patient and see what happens when u get this update. No need to be getting nuts over this. Im sure they are aware. All sprint employees can say is wait and answer questions based on the threads

Title. Your going to keep getting same dry reponse. Its not employes fault. You wouldnt answer differently if your job relied on it would u. Anyway be patient. Sure u will get it soon. Then if after you get it, things still suck . Then be mad.

Journeyman

I've heard this before!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Javyspecv02,

And again you reply without reading my message - I already have the update. If you read my message you will see a different issue being discussed, however it is clear you didn't read any previous messages before replying.

I am trying to find out why the update only changes the icons, Sprint say I am in a Spark covered area but now tell me that their map ids nothing but a lie...

regards

Journeyman

Day 9 and still no update.

Journeyman

Latinoboitx,

You've probably heard "be patient and the update will come."  Sprint has no control of who gets the update and how fast it gets released to masses.  They only control the time it takes to quality control the update from LG on their network and then release to google. Google servers slowly release the OTA update randomly.  It's a control on their end in case the update has some adverse affects they can quickly stop the update and only affect a small percentage.  Someone right next to you with the same phone and service provider could get the update but you won't. its not determined by location its random.

You can force the update by going Settings>Apps>All. Find Google Services Framework and clear cache and clear data then check for update. it may take a couple of tries.  Do so with caution as it could cause some issues with certain apps.  With this method you are essentially giving your phone a new id for the google server.

And to everyone saying the map says you are covered but you don't get spark coverage, take the map with a grain of salt.  Its an approximation of what the cell tower covers.  There are other factors that affect your signal such as terrain and surrounding infrastructure. Theres not a person walking around with cellphone checking every inch of america for signal strength.  I live in an area where lte coverage is very strong. Outside my house coverage is fantastic but inside my house i can only get voice coverage. Fortunately i mainly use wifi inside my home for data.  My brick home interferes heavily with my signal and theres nothing i can do about it. The spark update utilizes 800MHz which allows for better building penetration so hopefully that will help out my situation.

Journeyman

same here I need this update not just for the spark update but for the mms update I can't get picture messages as of now

Master

latinoboitx,

I apologize if you feel we are avoiding assistance or providing scripts or even trying to blame someone else.  I assure you this is not the case.  When it comes to software updates such as the one many are referring to here on this thread there are a number of factors that come into play and not every software update is designed or released in the same manner.  This particular update is designed and manufactured by LG but both Google and Sprint are involved in the design to ensure it works on our network and Google’s servers.  The information JayRocko provided about the update is extremely accurate and a lot of great information as provided.  The update is sent out in waves (this update is based on serial numbers (other updates can be based on regions)) which it’s done in this manner in case an error occurs with the software and they can combat it before it affects every customer.  This can cause extensive delays for some users to receive their update but we do this to help minimize frustrations if anything goes wrong.  We are working closely with both LG and Google together to ensure our customers receive the update as quickly as possible but with the highest quality.  Please do let us know if you have any questions we are here to help not provide excuses.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

David,

I wonder how longit too k the writer's to come up with this script. But there you go again stating that this update is done by LG, but I have emails from LG that state otherwise. I think you should email LG yourself and then come at me with another scripted lie!

Journeyman

Lol no need to get radical just wait patiently I also live in Houston and can't wait for the ultimate spark connection I have a pretty good connection of lte about 20+ down and 10 up so I'm satisfied as of right now but would love to receive picture messages after the update

Journeyman

So we are over a week removed from the update and of the three people I know who have G2s none have the update. Clearly the update is stopped. Over on xda no one had got the update since day 2. What is going on?

To pour salt in the wound, One owners can self initiate the kk update at any time, which must be a much heavier load on update servers. I'm sure there are many, many more Ones than G2s. Please some straight info. When will the update be rolled out to everyone?

Journeyman

My thoughts exactly! I think it's pretty obvious that sprint does NOT care nor will they ever care about their customers. Our OTA is a minor update and yet the HTC one has a big Android update that they can initiate at will, while we can't get crap and no damn info besides the same scripted crap...

Journeyman

I will say that it was downright disappointing to be told an update was being released and it still not be available to me over a week after the announcement.

However, I was able to sideload the update to my phone and my God what a difference a "small" update makes, especially in South Florida, where Spark is everywhere (according to the coverages maps). I am averaging over 20mbps download now and hit a peak of around 55mbps download on multiple tests. Before this, I struggled to get close to 20mbps.

The update itself has impressed me greatly and my phone is unmatched by any other phone out there. However, Sprint has failed its customers with it's slow and misleading update schedule.

Be patient G2 users! The update is worth this frustration, at least if you are in a Spark enabled area.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat