cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Master

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

FrustratedinEdwardsville,

Thank you for the shout out. We're very glad that your happy with our speeds. Sprint has been working diligently to get there 4G upgrades up and running. Spark won't be too far behind. Just ENJOY. Thanks. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

April

Journeyman

I was wondering if sprint has update the tower where I live because when I looked at the map it's showing that I'm in the turbo area my highest speed test is 12 mega. My area code is 78660 the two cross road is Kelly lane and Jake Hill Rd.

Journeyman

bUcLa0512,

Think yourself lucky, I live in a reportedly good 'Turbo' area and can't even get a signal (Even my 3G is spotty at best). When I posted up I was told that the tower near me doesn't even have 4G or Spark, worse that the map doesn't actually reflect any similarity to Sprint's actual network. Over 4 years now, on my third contract, and Sprint lied to me again. This time their coverage map showed I had good coverage on Spark, the rep on the phone confirmed that and finally the rep at the store confirmed I would be covered, how could I go wrong signing another contract? All three lied, but it took them until after my cancellation period to confirm that fact. Now I am stuck in another contract and once again hearing the promise that Sprint are doing all they can to improve their network for everyone...

I have an idea Sprint - How about you fix the network to where it actually resembles your coverage map and then work on everyone else? That way you aren't lying to people and taking their money under false promises...

Master

bUcLaO512,

Thanks for the information. It was helpful. your towers have been upgraded to 4GLTE already. Are you having issue with your 4G? What device do you have? Are you the only one with issues? Let us know we can help. Thanks.

Journeyman

I have LG G2 with the zva update it only connect to lte band 25 and not 41 which is spark turbo which give the phone tje fastest

network speed.

Master

Euroenglish1,

We're so sorry for the run around. The tower was updated May of last year. Do me a favor and do an update profile and updated the PRL on the device. This has been the fix for everyone who has the ZVA. Let us know if that helped. Thanks.

Thank you,

April

Master

CLee713 

Thank you for providing me with your zip code. What can I assist with in 77020? I didn't find any recent activity from you to pinpoint any requests or concerns. Let me know how I can help.

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Master

ASM3:

Great question.  Unfortunately, we do not have advanced noticed of when Spark will be introduced into an area. Keep an eye on
www.Sprint.com/Spark.  

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I got .38 Mbs and .09 Mbs up. I'm at 15642 cross streets are Sherick and Michael. I used to get 4g at my house but no more since I got the G2. Any help Sprint?

Master

​ DBHOWARD

Thank you for letting me know. Currently the tower covering your location is not enabled with 4GLTE. What device did you use before you switched to the LG G2?

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I previously had the Evo LTE. Starting last summer I would occasionally receive LTE in front of my house, and always around the corner of Michael and Overholt, which is about a block from my house. 15642 zip code.

Highlighted
Journeyman

April,

I would like to thank you for your reply. I would also like to hope that you will respond to this message, however so far I have never had a response from the same person twice and I doubt that this will be any different...

In reply to your post though: You mentioned that the tower I pull from was updated in May last year, I would like to suggest that you go back and read the post from your colleague Victor (Post number 63 of this very same thread). I quote "After running your address your tower that you would be pulling from. The address you provided, has not been updated yet. There is no date for when your specific tower will get the Network Vision upgrade" end quote. Further quoted from the same email "The towers near Riverview and Santa Ana have been upgraded to 4G LTE, this can be why you see the coverage maps show fair for your area."

My issue is that the maps show I have no 4G LTE coverage, they do show I have 'Fair Turbo" coverage on Spark however, which is why I purchased the LG G2. Prior to getting the phone I used the coverage maps to judge whether to simply bail from Sprint and go somewhere else, to someone who can actually provide coverage, then called support and confirmed my Spark coverage and finally verified with the store rep, all confirmed that I have good Spark coverage at my home. So I bought the phones and went home happy, only to find that Spark wouldn't work. A number of phone calls to support, where I was told my phones must be defective, led me to the internet where I learned that (from a third party source) the LG G2 would need to receive a soon to be released update to even connect to the Spark network. Then this forum confirmed that and I am stuck once again, passed my opportunity to cancel without fees, because I was lied to.

Then came redemption, I finally received the update, then found I still had no Spark?? What was happening? So I posted this to the forum and along comes Victor with the news above that the coverage maps actually lie and I have no Spark where I live, no idea when I will get it and again a royal shafting from Sprint, who I now fully understand must be laughing at me for falling into this for a third contract of lies.

Then yesterday I get your message, almost as large an insult as all the rest I have endured. No one wishes to reply to my question about what Sprint is going to do about the lies and misrepresentation of both service and products, however I do get a message asking if I would update my profile and PRL.. The number of times Sprint representatives have suggested that as a cop-out to disgruntled customers on this forum is beyond comical, however, to be clear, I have updated both PRL and Profile at least 5 times since receiving the update that gave me spinning icons and nothing more (actually it appears my service is now even more spotty than before the update. Each time I update the two I reboot my phone. I continually try every few days to update them on the slim chance that one day I may get more than zero to 3 bars of 3G at my home, that one day I may see reasonable connection speeds through my device and that I stop dropping calls when inside my home. I have now seen connection speeds get close to 15Mb's down and 3 Mb's up a few times, however most times if you rerun the Ookla test it drops down to 3G speeds right after one hopeful result - These tests have been on a 4G LTE connection as well, I have yet to find a Spark connection anywhere so far.

Please let me know what Sprint plans to do to make amends for this farcical third contact I got roped into? Could you also let me know who is telling me the truth and who is lying to me there at Sprint? So far I am at about 50/50 from Sprint representatives whether I should receive Spark at my home and 100% guarantee that it does not work!!!!

Regards

A continually outraged customer

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat