cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

I hope you a're able to get this resolved. And I agree with you that it would be nice if the same person who asks a question came back and answered.

I can't have Spark because I'm seeing nowhere near those speeds. See?

2014-03-05-18-56-37.png

Heck! I'm looking at the temperature where you are! I would love to have it be that warm. 🙂

Master

Euroenglish1-

Thanks for responding. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the level of service that you're receiving. The most up to date information in regards to network upgrades can be found via, www.sprint.com/network.

If you're struggling with coverage inside of your home, the most efficient solution would be the Airave. You can find out more by visiting, www.sprint.com/Airave. Should you like to address your concern on an account level and work with an agent privately, feel free to send us a private message. One of our Social Care agents will review your concern and link up with you.

We sincerely appreciate your business!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Yeah, we're on a temperature roller coaster. It went up to the high 70's the other day and stayed like that for a few days. Tomorrow, it's supposed to dip back down into the 30's. And it's been raining. Crazy weather.

Journeyman

I wanted to report an issue that I am seeing with my phone since the ZVA update.  It seems like my phone is now more prone to connect to 3G than LTE even when I am in an area that I am certain has LTE.  I frequently have to toggle airplane mode or reboot to get it to connect to LTE.  It is very frustrating.  I have tried my network setting at both Global and CDMA/LTE and have updated my profile/PRL numerous times.  It has not made a difference.

I am currently living in Olathe, KS in the 66062 zip code with the closest intersection to my house being Clairborne and Sheridan.  I used to get a decent 4G signal with my old Galaxy Nexus and even would usually hold an LTE connection with my G2 when I first got it.  It seem to have degraded in its ability to hold an LTE connection (both at home and in other areas around Kansas City).

When I drive to work, I frequently drop to 3G as well.  I come up I-35 and then take 435-East across Johnson county where LTE is active, but my phone will not always connect to LTE and will frequently remain on 3G.  I work on the Sprint Campus and have NEVER gotten a 4G signal even though the coverage map indicates that I am in a Spark area. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I can do.  I would appreciate any help.

Master

Thanks for posting on our community forum. We are here to help you. There are no outages in your area; Let's check for software updates: From the home screen, tap Apps> Scroll to and tap Settings > Scroll to and tap System updates> Tap Update LG software> Tap Check now> If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update. Please keep me updated.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

I'm getting the exact same issues. There are a few reps in here that have already taken my location info and will hopefully get back to me. I also had a chat with a rep and was told that the signal issues are from the towers in my immediate area being upgraded, and that I will notice dropped or missed calls, LTE drops, and such until the last two are completely upgraded. I find that setting the G2 to LTE/CDMA works better and gets better LTE speeds. When set to Global, it's crap. But, that's my experience. 3G is abysmal here. 

Journeyman

@sprintcare I am up to date on my software updates.  Like I said, I have updated everything and even went so far as to factory reset my phone and my phone seems to want to settle on 3g instead of LTE.  When it will pick up LTE, I get good speeds, but it just frequently drops to 3g.

Are they doing a lot of tower work in the Overland Park/Olathe area with the Spark rollout here?  I have no idea what percentage of the towers are actually running spark in the Kansas City area.

Master

aobk,

I checked the area, I did not see any network issues that maybe causing this issue. I did pinpoint the area to have our tech's look and investigate the issue. Have you had the device look at the repair center? We have spark, In the Olathe area.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Journeyman

Hi,

I live in Boulder, CO 80303 and have terrible coverage at the moment..is there any particular reason? I have all the latest updates.

Master

familyguy616,

That's not good. Let me help. Can you give us a little bit on what's going on with your service. Voice or data?

Can you please give us your main cross streets to 80303? Let us take a look at your towers to see exactly what's going on with them. We'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you. Thanks.

Thank you,
April
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat