cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Master

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

CLee713,

Generally software updates are released based on device serial number or market.  If there is no change to the stock serial number you shouldn't receive an issue but it’s unclear depending on the effects of what was performed.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

How do i check if i still have stock serial number

Journeyman

The ime number is the same if that means anything

I wanted to say hi to you and tell you that I understand how you feel. I can say that it doesn't matter if you are in a Spark area or not if you get the update. I live in the small town of Edwardsville, IL and I was messing around on my LG G2 and for the heck of it checked for updates. My phone said ready to install! I don't even live in a Spark area so I have no idea why my phone for got the Spark update. I went ahead and installed it anyway. If it helps in my area I will let you know.

Journeyman

Well,i had to use lg flash tool to unroot and go to complete stock cuz update wanted to push,but it wouldnt install until i unrooted and went to complete stock. Now that i have the update, i checked ##data# and bands 26 and 41 are still disabled....thought update was spose to enable those. Can anyone else with update verify by pressing ##data# and then clicking lte and view?

I live in a area without Spark. I just got the update around ten minutes after ten. When I got a chance to check things out, it looks like even though I don't have Spark in my area that my data speeds have increased. Or is that just pure luck and wishful thinking that I was getting better LTE speeds? My zip is 62025 and my cross streets are Troy and Holyoake Road. Dose it help your signal reception to get this update even if you are in a area without Spark?

Journeyman

I got the update this morning. I don't get the best service at my house (I have an Airave to help with that) but I was able to get 56.95 mbps down (though only 3.52 mbps up) after the update. Interestingly enough, I'm not officially in a Spark area. However, when the latest batch of LTE markets were announced I went poking around on the coverage map and, to my astonishment, it showed that I was in a Spark area. It also showed that Spark was available at work and at a nearby Sprint store. Sure enough, a couple phones in the store had Spark (though it was terribly slow). Perhaps they're working on Spark in the markets that get these fast speeds? I'm not really sure how to tell (yet) whether I'm on Spark or not on the G2. I'm pretty certain the S4 mini showed the LTE band it was connected to.

Journeyman

Still no update in NC

Journeyman

EDITED Due to Update Below:

Received my Spark update this morning, thankfully.  I live in San Antonio, which is a Spark city according to what I've read.  I ran speed tests at home, on the way to work, and now at work, and I am getting the same abysmal speeds that I've been used to getting on LTE in most of these areas.  I can't even fully run a speed test at work on LTE because it's so awful here - the speed test app drops out and stops testing because it can't hold a connection - same on Spark!  I have to force my phone into CDMA/3G mode just to get anything to load.

UPDATE:

I'm not sure what's changed since yesterday, but I am getting some solid 20-25mbps speeds in a few spots on my way to work, and that's great.  I was also able to register a 57mbps download outside of my work building this morning, which is even more amazing.  The problem that I am still experiencing though, and I realize there are a lot of variables that can affect this, but inside my building (single story, brick building) I can still barely even run a speed test.  When the speed test does run, I get a 1000 ping and a 0.05 - 0.10mbps download speed.  Most of the time though I just get the "Network Communication Error" message on the Ookla SpeedTest app.  I still have to force my phone into CDMA only mode just to be able to use data on my phone, which is still very unpleasant.

Sprint Care reps: if you think your engineers can look into this, as we have several Sprint customers here where I work, it would be greatly appreciated if you can see if something can be done to strengthen our indoor connection.  Zip code is 78213.  Cross streets are West Ave. & Glen Ivy.  As I mentioned, I register an amazing 57mbps download speed outside of the building, but as soon as you walk into the building (even standing at our front, glass door), the LTE degrades so severely that it's barely usable.  Again, I understand there are many variables that can affect the signal quality inside of a building, but it is my hope that something can be done to help with that. 

At home, I am still only getting a lousy 4mbps/2mbps connection, but I have WiFi, so that's really a non-issue, and that's almost 4 times the speed I got over normal LTE.

I am very pleased though after seeing these speed increases and I am very grateful for all of the hard work that Sprint has put forth to provide these kinds of speeds to their customers.  I know not everyone has Spark, or even LTE, and I am still experiencing some very poor speeds in certain areas of the city still, but with what I've seen this morning, it is very promising.

Journeyman

recibir el update esta mañana aqui en puerto rico pero no hay spark en puerto rico

Journeyman

Got my update this morning (NYC).  Google Hangout MMS still doesn't work.  Won't download messages.

Master

DBHOWARD,

That's Awesome. We Apologize for the delay on the roll out. We hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us. We're here for you. Thanks for being patient.

Thank you,

April

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat