cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Journeyman

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Why didn't they push the update to the people that are in the spark network area first.

Journeyman

That's been my question on many different forums. It makes absolutely no sense to me

Master

bUcLaO512

Unfortunately, I have no intel as to how the releases are chosen. However, I can assure we are working to get them rolled out as quickly as possible. 

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I've seen that cut and paste answer on so many occasions. It's so laughable at this point!!

Master

latinoboitx

I understand your excitement for the update. I too have the G2 and anxiously waiting the update as well. As mentioned previously, they are being released in waved to avoid any overload or congestion.

Please bear with us; it's on its way. 

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Let's see what she scripted, cut & paste excuse we get today.

Journeyman

THAT is inexcusable laziness. OMG

Journeyman

Everyone didnt receive update can manually force the update. Go to settings scroll down to apps and look for Google service framework,hit clear data and force stop.

After completing these steps try updtating,you may not get lucky by one shot repeat the process again and agian.It took me 21 attempts after finally getting a update.

Same process for all android phones....

Journeyman

At this point, it's pretty obvious that sprint has stopped the OTA update for the lg g2 for some reason.

Now sprint needs to get their crap together. Let's see if they own up to this or if they will give us the same crappy answer about how OTA'S are sent out in waves and blah blah blah. The same crap. When will they ever own up to this BS?

Nobody is on the same page as each other. They ddon't know what's going on and frankly, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's sick of how this supposed roll out is going (or lack thereof) ! I'm heading to the Verizon store as soon as I get off of work today. I for one, don't mind spending a little more for a service that is actually usable. It'll definitely be worth it! There is absolutely no reason to stay and spend all this money for 5 lines that can't do shit on sprint.

Journeyman

I've done that several times a day since January 27th when this update was released. Hasn't worked for me or another friend of mine who has this phone but yet another friend received the OTA update while we were just driving around running errands.

Journeyman

Latinoboitx,

To be really honest I wouldn't get your hopes up with the update making any difference anyway. I received the update a few days ago and live in an area that is shown as fully covered by Sprint Spark on their coverage map, prior to the update I was only able to get spotty 3G and could pick up 4G LTE if I walked 10 minutes in any direction from where I live, since receiving the update nothing has changed at all - I now still only have spotty 3G (in an apparently well rated Turbo-Spark area), however the only change is that when I walk 10 minutes in either direction I now see a new icon showing Spark LTE instead of 4G LTE. Speed has not changed, in fact it is marginally slower and seems to drop off more than before the update, coverage has not improved and the fact that Sprint say I am in a great Spark coverage area is at best a blatant lie!!

I can say that I have found one area that gave me very impressive results once, not been able to replicate them again though. It was at my work and if I stand on one side of the main building I get 'Spark' (4G LTE with new icon) D/L of 2Mb's at best, go out the other side and consistently get around 8Mb's, one time though it suddenly jumped to 35Mb's and I have to question whether it was simply a glitch in the Ookla SpeedTest software?!?!

Being lied to about the phone offering a service that didn't exist when I finally got the phone was bad, then finding out that Sprint coverage is nothing like they fraudulently display on their map is another. If I had known that there was no fictitious Spark network where they show it I would have simply moved to Verizon, four years of being duped by Sprint and they did it to me again. It would have been better to pay the same amount per month and loose the unlimited data I pay for, right now I have unlimited 3G and practically non-existent 4G (I almost don't believe Spark is even real at this stage), at least I could use the Verizon network?!?! When I asked what Sprint was planning to do for the customers is has misled/lied to (price reduction, partial cost refund, etc.) they ignored my post and the question - Yet they came back and answered all the subsequent posts from other people. They choose to only answer certain posts on the forum and even then do so with generic cut-paste replies.

Sprint, when are you going to address my previous (or this) post about the service? If you want to verify my Spark coverage check your map for this location - old village rd, yorba linda, ca, 92887 - If you look under 4G LTE you will see the whole complex is 3G only, a nice circle around the whole damned place (and no it is not in a basin, it is completely flat). Then switch to show Spark coverage and it will display a full coverage at 'Fair' with 'Turbo'. I would understand that maybe being indoors is too much for your signal to propagate, however even outside there is nothing, at least not until I hit a fair way into the 4G LTE covered area. Maybe you might try to suggest that my phone is faulty, however I brought three of them, mine, my wife's and my daughter's, all of us get the same poor signal.

Please explain how you make your coverage maps Sprint? Do you have five year old playing with crayons and just display their random drawings? As they certainly don't display your true coverage, I can barely keep a phone call alive in my home and have no chance of above 0.4 Mb's D/L speeds in the area I live... So much for Tri-Band LG G2 with a Spark update, I got the exact same quality with my old piece of junk Galaxy S2 on WiMax...

Again, don't hold your breath for a miracle Latinoboitx, the update is not the wonder you are waiting for - Unless fancy spinning icons are something that make you happy!!!!

Regards

I very disappointed Sprint customer who has been let down for coming up 5 years now...

Journeyman

And to honest, I know that Sprint will either ignore my post (again) or give me the same generic cut/paste reply they keep giving everyone else. They lied and got me into another 2 year agreement, now they have my money and don't care. They certainly don't appear to be offering any solid replies or recompence to dupped customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat