Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

Journeyman

Re: 1/27 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVA

How did you side load it?

Journeyman

Im also in houston amd trying my best to be patient. Id also like to know how you side loaded it too, if you dont mind sharing the information. Hopefully its not the clear data anf force stop of google framework services, cuz ive done that tons of times lol

Journeyman

Anyone care to respond on to why we haven't received the OTA update yet for the lg g2?

Journeyman

Someone over at S4GRU posted this earlier today:

No... Almost all phones use the GOTA (Google Over-The-Air) servers for updates (HTC excepted). GOTA servers operate on a random selection of devices being eligible at a time based on the unique Android identifier the phone gets when activating initially. Most software updates of popular devices take about 20 days before they are available to all devices. Each day new identifiers (or ranges of identifiers) are added to the authorized list until it reaches almost all of them, then it is adjusted to allow access to all devices for the future. It is done this way to attempt to avoid congestion from everyone downloading simultaneously. It has the added benefit of the ability to stop sending updates out when only a small portion of devices have received it if a major issue is discovered during the initial deployment (like the Torque 2.300 update bricking some devices after upgrade). HTC has their own update system separate from GOTA that they manage.

It has nothing to do with population density, location in the country, or the device's serial number. It is all random chance where you appear in the update eligibility.

So this might be a reason to back off Sprint lol

Journeyman

I rooted my G2 so if you are not comfortable with the whole process I wouldn't suggest it. In all honesty it was quite easy, but I won't go through the rooting process on here.

If rooted, all you need to do is download the ZVA update over at xda forums and just place it in your sdcard. From there, you could either install through the recovery or in my case I used free app Flashify and just flashed the update through there.

If you aren't comfortable with these steps, just continue to be patient. It will get there when it gets there

Also here's something to look forward to! 1391543129799.jpg

Journeyman

Sweet, tyvm for the info. Yea, ive been rooted...one of the easiest roots i can remember, well my last phone was a droid razr, so thats prob why i thought it was easy lol. But tyvm again for the info, going to download it now. That app will install it if i havent flashed a different recovery yet?

Journeyman

I never installed a custom recovery in mine, just straight root through ioroot. I also was running the stock LG software (never felt like trying KitKat lol). Then just flashed the update through Flashify using the cwm (not twrp) option. This will disable your root, but you can re root using the updated ioroot21.

Good Luck!

Journeyman

Did you install the testupdate.zip or testupdate2.zip?

Journeyman

Here's a link to the file that I used: http://d-h.st/kF4

Journeyman

I downloaded that file and also installed flashify. When i open flashify and select flash zip, i select that file i downloaded, then it says it has been flashed amd if i wish to reboot. I selected yes and the stock recovery shows up and says installing for like 20-30 secs and phone starts up, but i dont notice anything different, still have root, and dont see the spark icon...did i miss or do something wrong?

Journeyman

The stock recovery says installing system update and loads to about 20-25%, then just jumps to 100% and phone starts up

Journeyman

Do you have a custom recovery and or a different ROM on your phone? That may have an effect on the process. I was on stock rooted with no custom recovery.

My first attempt failed exactly like that when I chose the TWRP option. The recovery would start, then it just disappeared and nothing changed. The second time I chose the CWM option and it went to recovery and did the whole update.

If the app won't work, you can always try to do it straight from the recovery manually.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat