cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/20 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVE

Master

Re: 10/20 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVE

RCXJFLORES - In the same menu where you would locate the PRL update, there will be one for the data profile. - Krista
Sprint Social Care
Master

RCXJFLORES,

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Dial ##72786#, then OK.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I installed the ZVE update on Sunday morning.  My LTE speed and reception has deminished greatly since.  I went to the football game last night, where it's always tough to get a good connection, but I always have connected.  Last night for the first time, I could not get a data connection.(LTE or 3g)  I couldn't even do a Google search or get my fantasy football app to load up.  This is the first time it's been this bad since owning this phone, (or my previous 2 phones).

I am at work today, I always get 3 to 4 LTE bars at my desk... today I am getting 0 to 1 bar.

My speedtest used to come in at 15 to 18mbps.  It has been dropping over time to below 10.  Since the update, I am getting 2mbps.

What the heck is going on???

Master

Hello FOXDOG01,

That is not what we want to hear. Have you updated the profile on the device? Are you able to see the spark icon on the device?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did do this. No change.

Journeyman

I upgraded to the G3 over the weekend. I still have the G2, but it's offline/off-network at the moment. My son has another G2 with the same configuration. I will try testing it over the next couple of days alongside the G3 to see how they both work off of the LTE signal. Probably won't have any results till the end of the week.

Journeyman

I updated the profile only yesterday after finding this thread.  I won't know the impact at a football game until my team has another home game (at least a few weeks out). I had the spark logo before, and I still have it now.  I still am only getting 0 to 1 bar of LTE at my desk.  My speedtest improved slightly to 4 mbps. 

Master

RCXJFLORES - Okay. Please keep us posted if you need any additional assistance. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ive been contemplating switching to the G3. Would you mind letting me know if there was an actualy noticable difference between the G3 and the G2 (service wise)?

Journeyman

It's not a 100% better, but there is a noticeable difference in the G3 switching back and forth finding the Spark network better. My son's G2 and the G3 still get a little wacky coming out of my job because they're inside most of the day barely holding onto the 3G signal and a couple of bars. Once I'm away and in a constant, good, communication with a tower both phones are fine. For the first time I actually had to put the G3 in/out Airplane for a couple seconds for it to find the LTE connection. On a side note WiFi calling using Google Hangouts is working well. Was getting that annoying echo on the G2/G3, but I turned the ear piece volume down and it went away.Also headphones helped. SMS working too.This helps majorly at my job with old concrete buildings and electrical interference. I pretty much go into airplane mode and turn on WiFI - Have to be aware of WiFI filtering that may block VoIP calling. Helps save on battery a lot!

Side note - Anyone figure out how to use the native WiFi calling on the G3 while in airplane mode? Otherwise my battery dies within a couple of hours looking for signal. Was hoping it would work solely on WiFI, independent of the network connection.

Master

RCXJFLORES - Thank you for posting. We appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to let us know if there's anything that we can assist you with today. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a major issue with the android 4.4.2 update...  The drastic DECREASE IN EARPIECE VOLUME!!! when I migrated to Android 4.4.2

the issue is pretty well documented in blogs across the internet.

the only way to fix is do downgrade back to 4.3 or 4.2, or upgrade to lollipop, or swap out the file in the phone that determines volume settings.  ALL OF THESE SOLUTION REQUIRE YOU TO ROOT THE PHONE.

I have had my phone 6 months.  Sprints response is I am basically S.O.L.

Corporate Sprint says take it to a service center.

The service center says it's not a hardware issue, it's an android (software) issue.

Bottom line is some programmer screwed up the volume setting, and it got released and is causing problems for some LG G2 phones.

Sprint shows no record of a planned fix.  Sprint has told me there is no way to fix my phone and they will not replace it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat