cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/31 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVB (Android KitKat)

57 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 3/31 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVB (Android KitKat)

BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!

My G2 immediately started having issues once I got the kitkat update. For those with the update, check your APPS. Go to system settings, apps, then slide right to "all"....check the dates listed--do most of the LG and Google apps state "1/21/1970"???? Mine does!!! Plus my "Knock ON" stopped working and the screen has a horizontal section towards the upper section that is no longer responsive...

Look at my discussion "Knock-On, Screen Unresponsive, and 1970 errors?"

Master

Kaku, sorry that this is happening. Did you try to install it with WiFi? Maybe it will download fully. You are trying to download the KitKat, right? *Shusweela Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did a factory reset (finally got around to doing it) and the update for Spark started downloading. When I clicked finish and install, it did the same thing - the bar went almost half way and then it restarted. Again it's the persistent software issue. I'll just take it into a store.

-Kaku

Master

Hi blessedhealing14, what version is your device on? Please follow the steps out-of-contract provided to check and let me know so I can check it out for you. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

are you sure you installed the update. Go to Settings > About Phone > Software information

If your Android version is 4.4.2 you have KitKat

Journeyman

My LG g2 still doesn't have kitkat software after the update.. what's the problem?

Journeyman

The rep at the store tried to get me to pay $75 for a new device when I was able to fix my own issue in a couple of hours. Again, not satisfied with the support from Sprint. This can only happen so many times before I take my business elsewhere.

Master

slk88, I can understand the frustrations here. Because you have insurance with Best Buy, I would suggest giving them a call to see if they are able to exchange the device. Also, have you contacted LG? If so, what did they say? I just want to make sure we look at all of our options. Let me know how that goes and we will go from there. Thanks!
*Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

Hi John,

None of those troubleshooting issues are what I am seeing with my device. The device downloads the update, but it will not install. It gets about 25% done and then just restarts the device leaving me stuck on 4.2.2. I just got back from taking it to a Sprint store and they told me that they would have to just get me a new device. However, there is a $75 charge since I don't have insurance. I'm not sure how a perfectly fine device that is rejecting software Sprint is putting out is at all my fault. I am running completely stock and have not altered the device at all. I have even tried doing a factory reset twice and the upgrade still has the same error.

I do have insurance from Best Buy, but this is not their fault so I'm not sure if they will cover it under their warranty. Additionally, other users have contacted LG and they have referred them back to Sprint. The phone still works, but I don't feel I should be left out of the upgrade simply because my device is rejecting the software. Am I just supposed to be stuck with a device that cannot upgrade to the latest software because of something that is out of my control?

Master

slk88,

I'm sorry to hear that. This page may help with the issue: http://bit.ly/OBoVsl. Can you please attempt these troubleshooting steps, and let me know the results?

*John R.
Sprint Social Care