cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4 for lg g2?

Highlighted

Re: 4.4 for lg g2?

In my experience, they never say anything about it. They just push it and you get the notification. That's the way it was with my previous devices. Then we all come here and harp about it, haha.

Highlighted
Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville,

There are reports that the LG G2  devices will get the Kit Kat update. It is just a matter of when it will be rolled out. I personally check Tech Radar for any news and updates. We do appreciate you being patient during this time.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no doubt the G2 will get it after sprint services their Samsung and HTC one customers.  Don't wanna clog up the network? Just put the darn update on sprint. Com for down load.  So sprints excuse of clogging up the network is bogus.

Highlighted

I hope it will be next week. Since it looks like it is being done each week with the carriers, and Verizon has the rep of being super slow with updates, we hopefully will see it next week.

Highlighted
Master

G2user65,

Thanks for the post, we don't have any updates in regards to your question. Whenever a software update is released we will post it on the LG G2 section of our forum.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

Okay, so this is what I get from the last rep I talked to. The 4.4 upgrade has been launched for the G2, they're pushing it in waves. I was told that I can expect in in the next few weeks. Really, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just hoping something can fix the GPS crap. I'm actually starting to regret the G2 now. Like maybe I should've gotten the S4 after all.

Highlighted
Master

Hi inconsolable_me,

Yes, the last rep is correct. U

pdates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update for Kitkat 4.4 and keep us posted.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Okay...so has rollout for the LG G2 to get KitKat started now? Or is this what is going to happen WHEN it starts? I'm very confused now.

Highlighted
Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville

I do apologize for the confusion. Yes the update has been released. Please keep checking your device or the update to be pushed to you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

So it has been sent out for the LG G2? Okay...pordon me for being skeptical about that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol. is this kind of like me getting 4G in 90 days 18 months later. I'm rather amazed that no were on the internet as of right now is there is not one  word about sprint pushing kitkat to the lg g2. it's kind of like going to McDonalds Drive thru you better check your food before you leave

Message was edited by: korn6470

Message was edited by: korn6470

Highlighted
Journeyman

Boy did you just get smoke blown up your behind there are ls980 users on here from coast to coast and no one is reporting a ota update. LoL

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat