cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE more lies and terrible service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G LTE more lies and terrible service.

I'm seriously on the verge of going to T-mobile. The lies from Sprint are starting to really set me off. I was suppose to have full 4g let coverage by the 13th. This was said by multiple reps. However I do not. I get at most three bars an yet it keeps dropping. Terrible call and text services. That was suppose to be handled like a week ago. And yet they don't even wanna credit you. I have personal stuff going on and can't rely on my cell phone. This is udder crap. Done with the crap services and lies.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you 100000%. I can't wait till my contract is over

Highlighted
Master

Nathan_Ortiz,

We don't want you to go this route! Please let me know what's been going on so that I am able to help you. I can also check the progress of network enhancements in your area so provide your zip code and nearby cross streets when you have a moment.

Thank you,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

dwheeler5680@gmail.com

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to look into the area to get more information for you. However, I cannot give a specific date because there are so many factors that can delay the process. Once we complete an upgrade, we usually take 30 days or more after that to make final adjustments. If you live close to two different tower sectors, and one of them is not upgraded, you'll go between coverage and the old equipment doesn't hand off to the new.

If you'd like me to take a look, please provide your cross streets and zip. Or, you can private message us with your phone number, account name and pin and we can look at the top 5 towers you use and the call drop patterns (drops, hang ups, etc.)

I look forward to your reply.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also tried. Of sprint lies. I was told i would not be charged for adding 3 lines when bill came it totaling 704.00 dollars when i was told it would not be over 300.00 ready to leave.

Highlighted
Master

william27991

I know prorated charges can make a bill higher, but that does seem high. Would you please private message us with your phone number, account name and pin? We can take a look at that bill.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The new spark network really is horrible and I'm fed up with it too. Im so ready to drop sprint

Highlighted
Master

dI1212,

We're sorry to hear this is how you feel. We want to help! May I get your cross street and zip code? Also, what is the make and model of your phone?

Sophia

Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

To Robin Re.william ross acc.[Personal Information Removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes my email is [Personal Information Removed]/ph.[Personal Information Removed]/acc.[Personal Information Removed]/name william ross

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Highlighted
Master

william27991,

We want to get your issues resolved, while protecting your information. To better assist you, please private message 'SprintCare' with your phone number, pin/ security answer, and link to post. Hope to receive a private message from you soon.

Alexes
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can u send me a link

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat