cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Master

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

jlain32,

Thanks for getting back to us. If a post is deleted, it is generally because it contains personal information or foul language. I have also reply to one of you private message to advise you about the price difference between the LG G2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. We apologize for the issues that you're experiencing with the LG G2, but at this time we have provided you with the proper information that you will need for exchanging your phone within your 14 day trial period. If you have any additional questions, please let us know?

Morris L.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can honestly say that it contained neither foul language nor personal information of any sort...But I will leave it at that as it's a dead issue at this point.

I am now in the process of dealing with Charles G. regarding my issues, and so far he has been most helpful with his promise of a resolve. At this point I am left feeling confident that he will take the necessary steps to help solve my problems.

Thanks.

Journeyman

The only info I've gotten here that has been helpful was to set the phone to CDMA as the tri-band phones can switch and back and forth between LTE and 3G. I don't have an issue access LTE from my iPhone so I know the network is decent at my house. I just wish Sprint and LG can put their heads together and figure this mess out.

Journeyman

Yeah, I have a usable phone in CDMA mode, but during my hectic day I will often need to switch over to LTE to look up an address or phone number on the internet and then in my hurry forget to switch back to CDMA, which leads to all of my calls being sent to voicemail, not to mention angry clients who think I am ignoring them...I find my self switching over to LTE due to the 3g network getting so congested to the point of web pages being loaded at a snails pace during peak times. At off peak times the 3g speeds are great, close to 3Mbps DL, but at peak times they are slower than the speed of smell!

Journeyman

I just finished wasting another hour with a support rep, who was very nice but, missed the point just as many others have. I'm in Jacksonville, FL  cross streets would be Kings rd and Rushing street 32209, not that it's going to make a difference. The current tri-band line up can't do SVLTE and depend on csfb to switch between CDMA and the 3 bands of LTE. I'm in an announced Spark/LTE market and it's still struggling to get csfb on the towers which, is the "cure" unless I can get an SVLTE device and be done with the headache. Sprint was aware of the service issue and didn't not make customers aware going in and so I (like others) have been duped.

So with an approved Sprint handset, functioning as intended by the OEM and Sprint, I hold Sprint accountable for the service/handset issues I’m facing. I’m outside of the retailer’s window of return but, in that regard there is no need or benefit to returning the device to the retailer because, the device purchased from the retailer,”works as it was designed to”. What's happening with network design and upgrade is the problem and "peeking at it" in ONE location won't truly address the problem for MOBILE phone use. I'm supposed to be able to use my device on the Sprint network...I can get cheaper HOME phone service if my only concern was how my device works in one location. I understand and appreciate your offer but, it lacks the ability to properly address the issue as stationary or fixed geographic tower performance and functionality amounts to wheel spinning here. Unless you can see if csfb is or isn't on all the towers in my daily travel path, what can be accomplished checking my closest point of access? This isn't your fault but, the steps have limited usefulness.

A helpful solution to pass up the chain would be, as you get csfb equipment on the towers and live, show that on a map as effective tri-band area. As for your other coverage maps adopt or create something based on Sensorly reporting as this is real customer experience not internal marketing designed to be competitive. And the best solution for me would be for Sprint to get me the HTC One as a replacement to my LG G2 since, the HTC One is SVLTE capable and doesn't need csfb to function properly. I’m using the LG G2 as it was designed and programmed with no modifications what so ever, the design of the Sprint network is not something I can control or affect. This impacts casual, business and emergency communications that I should reasonably be able to count on a cellphone for.

Journeyman

Sprint is notorious for using customers to beta test without their knowledge. They can basically charge the customer while testing out their new equipment. While working out the kinks they can distract the end user by telling them they're performing upgrades or by sending them to a Sprint store for new equipment. I left Sprint about four years ago because of this and decided to come back and give them another chance.

For the time being it's going to be a game of ratios. Their urgency is determined by the number of people complaining.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's really upsetting or disturbing about it is, Sprint knows or knew what technology was going into these new tri-band phones, Sprint knew they were pushing phones to market before towers were actually ready to properly support those phones and for them to allow or instruct the support staff to take customers through pointless troubleshooting adds insult to injury. Sprint is willing to pay a real person, an hourly wage, to take a customer on a circular waste of time multiples times a day but, won't say,"hey let me swap out that G2 for an HTC One or something comparable so, you're not just paying us for a service you can't use".

If they're willing to sucker me into getting a phone I can't use consistently, I'm sure they'll sell it off for a profit to someone else after they swap it out from me. Really scary thing too is talks of VoLTE floating around...LTE doesn't have full penetration yet, Spark is struggling, I pray Sprint doesn't start fidgeting with VoLTE because, that might invite a whole new set or poorly supported devices.

Sprint should not sell devices in an area, that can't fully support those devices and their features without clear warning to current and potential customers.

I agree with you. This is my experience. I had an HTC Hero as my first device. Loved it. Kept it for two years. During that time WiMax was being talked about and supposedly implemented across the network. It was time for my upgrade, so I started shopping around. I decided on an EVO Design 4G. I was told that it was 4G capable and would get 4G. I never saw 4G on that phone. I later found out that 4G was nowhere near my area, and the closest spot of it was 40 miles away. Before I got rid of that one, word of 4G began spreading again, and I thought "Okay, I'm finally gonna see what 4G is." But, no. That 4G was LTE, which my WiMax device was not capable of using. So, I gave up on that and waited for my next upgrade. Once again shopped around, and ended up getting the EVO 4G LTE, thinking that I could finally take advantage of this new LTE stuff. Again, no. LTE was not available in my area, yet I kept getting all the emails and advertisements about the new network and LTE and all that. I decided to just forget about it again. Then all of a sudden, LTE in my area. The speed was great... at first. It dropped to less than half of what it once was, and then became inconsistent. I know part of this was because of the LTEVO's problems, so I decided to get my next upgrade as early as it was offered. I also decided to ditch HTC as I was fed up with the numerous problems that I'd had with their devices over the years. Then I heard about the new network and how it was supposed to be so much better and that only the new devices would be able to take advantage of it and all that. So, I chose the G2, thinking that I would be getting this wonderful new beginning, and it was at first, then started going downhill. And here we are. It seems like I just can't pick a winner. I'm sick of having something great just for a while. For a limited time. Then junk afterwards. I had no idea I would be having these problems when I chose the G2 over the S4. What do I do now? If I jump ship again, will I have good service? What else besides the One is SVLTE? I do not want another HTC device.

Master

inconsolable_me,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you seem to be having such a tough time with your devices. The G2 is a very good device, I know many of my peers have it and enjoy it very much. It is one of our current tri-band models. Have you taken it to a service center to see if there is something specifically wrong with the hardware? You should not have your device work great in the beginning and it start to fail later on. To find the nearest Sprint owned service center, check the link: www.sprint.com/storelocator

Victor
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

We seem to have a situation of perpetual frustration being brought about from the default reply of; "Have you taken it to a service center". Why is it that even after the admission/acknowledgement on Sprints part ~that this is a known network issue, do we keep getting the constant "it sounds like a device issue"?

It seems that many of the CS reps are either still in the dark about this network issue, or just trying to avoid getting too involved in the situation. If you read through the many threads that have been posted about these problems plaguing every new tri-band phone on the Sprint network ~you will notice that very few SprintCare reps are admitting to the known incompatibly issues these new devices have on their current network, they instead try to wash their hands of it by declaring--device issue and pawn the complainant off on a repair center.

We are all well aware of what the issue is, so stop crying device malfunction and give the people a more acceptable solution. If it were only a problem with a small number of devices from one manufacturer ~then yes, a device issue would be a reasonable explanation, but when it's the majority of tri-band devices, regardless of  manufacturer, or device model...I mean come on!

Master

Hello jlain32,

We are indeed upgrading! We are working to change our whole network working from the ground up. We are upgrading many of our towers with LTE which provides faster data speeds. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused but once we are complete, then it will be worth the wait.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well that's just great, but upgrading to LTE isn't going to solve this issue. My area has already been upgraded to LTE, and our tri-band devices can't receive incoming calls on the LTE network! It really defeats the purpose of having a cell phone if we can't receive incoming calls!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat