cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Apparently Sprint does not want you to see the links I posted regarding the problem that LTE phones have with regard to missing voice calls, missing texts, and displaying erroneous time of day. If you Google (hopefully Google is not a "bad word," Sprint!) "LTE not receiving voice calls," you will see numerous explanations for what the geniuses at Sprint do not want you to know: that their sub-par LTE network conflicts with the 3G (CDMA) which your phone currently relies on to receive voice calls and texts. Apparently the Telecoms.com, and Androidpolice.com links I supplied Sprint deemed "innappropriate."

Understand, people, that Sprint KNOWS FULL WELL what is wrong but DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW! Therefore, there IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A TOWER RIGHT IN YOUR AREA EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS! Rest assured, though, that if you give a cross street and a zip code, these "customer service" stooges will promplty send a message on your behalf making that particular tower priority #1!  Don't believe me? Just read these threads.

What Sprint does not want you to know is that the type of network technology that allows seamless switching between LTE and CDMA is called Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB) and Enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback (eCSFB). Sprint has not deployed this to the vast majority of its network yet. Areas that do not have it (most of us!) have no expected time frame for its installation (despite what they say about working this tower or that tower); and since your triband smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, and Galaxy Mega) is designed to prioritize the ability to make and receive voice calls (and texts) over LTE data streaming, it is programmed to stay on CDMA. Unfortunately, the LG G2, Nexus 5, and  HTC One Max are all designed for either LTE or CDMA, so there you are SOL, anyhow (and Sprint totally knows this, believe me!).

A temporary, ham-handed work around is to force the phone to switch manually between 3G and LTE  in the phone’s hidden network settings (switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA, and rebooting...LAME!), but the side effect is that calls and texts often won’t go through while in LTE mode (especially when the phone has gone to standby mode). Too bad, so sad.

Learn to live with it, people. Just stick with 3G...Sprint's LTE sucks, anyhow.

Journeyman

I so want to click "abuse" when the Sprint rep replies with those warm and fuzzy but useless answers. You're right they are insulting our intelligence and assaulting our wallets, they knew the technical obstacles we're facing were going to happen and as they ramp up we get no consideration just stationary troubleshooting for MOBILE phones and excuses. Sprint is smug on the matter because of the catch-alls in their service agreements essentially say they aren't responsible for anything, not even failing to provide service.

So I guess it's entertainment for them to have us pay for service we can barely use as they in turn pay the reps to give out answers that we can't benefit from either. I guess the bulk of our money goes into keeping these forum running to bellyache in.

I wish someone would just give us the straight, uncut deal with all of this. I've been told several different things from reps here about the status of the network in my area. Some said it was fine, some said it was being upgraded, some said repaired, some said it was recently completed and to update my profile and PRL, and some said it will be completed later. What is it? It seems like I just can't pick a winner with Sprint. Every time I upgrade, I seem to choose a device that either has problems of its own, or problems with their network. Or both. And they know about it. That's what burns.

Journeyman

Let's just put it this way after wasting 2hrs on the phone with various cs reps and managers ~I was told that there is no immediate fix planned any time soon, or even in the distant future...That they were closing out my repair ticket...Too add insult to injury, I was told my only choice was to exchange my G2 for an outdated HTC 8X, which doesn't even come close to the specs of my G2 and they would waive the restocking fee!! So they basically said who cares.

Master

inconsolable_me,

I understand where you are coming from, I know this is frustrating for you. Depending on the condition the towers are in many different things can be going on which can affect services, such as upgrades or fixing an outage etc. We are working diligently to get our towers upgrades and repairs all completed. Are you currently having any data or voice issues right now? Is so, can you elaborate on what's going on I would like to do what I can to help you. Thank you.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

jlain32,

We are aware of the issue and have been speaking with the manufacture. The only way to fix this problem is to ensure you are on the latest software version. If you are and the device is still having this issue then we try to fix it by offering a compatible device, which I see you were offered something like that. We have an update planned for early 2014 but no exact confirmation date; we are still working with them to get this fully resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing.

Stephanie
Social care
Journeyman

Yes, but there is a big difference between being offered a compatible device, and being offered a comparable device! I was offered a cheap-outdated-phone that came nowhere close to matching the specs of my G2!

Journeyman

Sprint, you keep reading your scripts to us paying customers about frequencies and tower upgrades.

ENOUGH!!!!

One question to you is how come Verizon customers dont have these issues, even when they were rolling out 4G.

You were the first to launch 4G with the EVO/wiMaxx and everyone(ATT, Verizon, T-mobile) else has way surpassed you, dont you think we deserve some sort of credit back for all those years of buying/paying for 4G equipment that doesnt work in all areas.

I have a 4G tower behind my house and i can never get a 4G signal inside a building on my G2, the phone is almost always on 3G or hung up like everyone else here is saying.

Tallahassee, Fl 32311, off appalachee parkway and capital circle intersection

Highlighted
Master

AXMEZEN74

Thank you for bringing this to our attention I did look into the 32311 area and I'm not showing any reported outages. LTE is defiantly in the area. Are you only having this issue well at home? What type of device do you have? Let me know I'm here for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

And let's not forget to mention that I asked to be put in contact with someone higher up in the management ranks, and was assured I would contacted within 48hrs...Well 48hrs came and went and of course no call!!!!!

You guys are a real joke.

Journeyman

Its a G2, and no 4G inside of a building. The LTE and spinning star disappear or never come back when outside. It gets stuck with the circle 3G.

If I try to go online I get a no data connection error.

Been having to switch data off and back on.

Master

jlain32

I'll be happy to help get to the bottom of this for you. Please PM us your name, number, security info and the link to this thread.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat