cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Well for anyone that has been following along, and is familiar my previous postings ~I promised to update with the outcome of my issue and I can say that it was resolved to the best of their ability. I did however have to go through numerous SprintCare reps and listen to endless hollow apologies before my issue was finally resolved. After being told numerous times that I was basically SOL, would not be given a  free replacement for my non-compatible [LG G2] phone, and that my only choice was to pay full price for a replacement phone ~I was finally contacted by an extremely helpful rep who took the time to educate herself on my situation and did all that she could to resolve my issue, which resulted in her arranging for me to exchange my G2 for a Galaxy Note 2 in a local store at no cost to me.

It's amazing how almost everyone I dealt with offered me absolutely no help, except for the one rep who took it upon herself to go over the facts, listen to the recorded calls between the various reps and I, and then contact me with an honest desire to resolve the situation in any way she could. Many of the SprintCare reps could learn a good lesson from her...I am glad that someone at Sprint knows what customer service is all about.

Many thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm happy for you, at least "1" person has been helped in all of this run about Sprint has created and permitted. If only I could get my LG G2 swapped out for the HTC One I'd be happy too. The only bonus I got was the  problem forced me to gain a greater understanding of the Sprint network since the reps didn't care to be honest about the cause of the problem. By the time any of us knew it was a problem we were outside the window of exchange, we were not given the proper information to make an informed purchase decision and now we're penalized for it with poor service, ineffective troubleshooting and reduced to near begging for a swap to a functional device for the "current state of the Sprint network".

To the reps we know the G2 is a great phone " by design" but, that doesn't make a difference if it can't "reliably connect to the TOWERS" plural because people do MOVE about as they use MOBILE phones. So no more cross street stuff please, PM me to setup a swap to an HTC One, that's help...anything else is teasing, insulting and most likely already done.

Master

Dear jlain32,

Thank you for the update, we are so glad that you were able to find an acceptable resolution. We appreciate the positive shout out to our representative.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Clyde,

The area code is 36695 and this has been happening at different areas/cross streets such as cottage hill and schillingers, schillingers and grelot, grelot & cody, cottage hill & Lloyds lane, cottage hill & montlimar. I hope you can help, because I am ready to break my contract and am pretty much fed up with sprint and lies.

Thanks,

Journeyman

I too am having problems with dropped calls.  My wife and I depend on reliable communication to execute our business. I may have no option but to exchange this phone or drop the service.  We did not experience this issue with prior phones. 

Master

reenu2,

There is currently an outage affecting the tower that covers Cottage Hill and Schillingers. You may experience service issues in this area while the tower is being repaired. The towers covering the other areas provided have not completed Network Vision upgrades which will cause issues switching between LTE and 3G. Additional Network Vision upgrades for the area are scheduled to complete this spring.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Master

dustoff05:

Allow us to check your area to see what may be going on there. Please provide your zip code, two cross streets, type of device and if he device is set to CDMA, LTE, Auto or CDMA/LTE.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Well my journey with the LG G2 is almost complete, since the LCD screen on the phone has now cracked down the middle and there are black spots all over the screen.  The phone never got dropped and there is no other breaks on the glass.  Just this lovely crack and black spots on the LCD screen that an in store Sprint Rep told me was from pushing to hard on the screen.  I almost laughed outloud, was told there is nothing they can do. They won't repair it or replace it and doesn't fall under LG warranty. So Bye Bye $500 and see ya later LG G2.   Almost 8 weeks to the day I bought this phone has really only worked in Chicago since I go the Spark update.  Was in Denver this weekend and got slow or hardly any service.  I will be switching to the hopefully better Samsung S5, but with my recent luck I am sure this phone will have the same issue as the LG G2.

I also love how the when the rep was looking at my phone the MIP error message popped up and he had no idea what that was.

Part of me is actually considering dropping sprint, since I need to shell out money anyway for a new phone and swtich to Verizon.  I've been such a loyal customer for over 15yrs, but that doesn't matter to this company.  Used to love Sprint...Not so much anymore.

So unless there is customer service rep on here that's got another solution I will be looking at new carriers before the Samsung is released.

Master

Hello joeylarz20, sorry to hear about this problem. Unfortunately a crack is considered physical damage and the only way to get a replacement is to go through Asurion http://bit.ly/1bNOZr3 if you have insurance on your line. We would hate to lose you, let me know if you have any other questions. Roxana Sprint Social Care

My G2 journey seems to have reached a head. I was trying to avoid it, but I've no choice at this point other that to take it in to a store. I'm still getting the GPS problems, but some new ones have arisen. It still switched to 3G randomly, but when it does get LTE, the speeds are laughable. I'll post screenshots showing what I mean. I did what a rep said and updated my profile and PRL and all that, then did some speed tests. The first 3 show results with the G2 in CDMA/LTE mode and the servers are 27, 28, and 31 miles away respectively. The second set show the G2 in Global mode with the same three servers. The other problem occurs during calls. I cannot switch between calls when I'm already on one. I can answer an incoming call when already talking to someone, but cannot return to the original call. Also, if I choose to merge calls, I cannot end the original or latter call. I press the buttons yet nothing happens. I end up having to hang up altogether, which is rude and ticks people off. So, I'm off to the store. I'm hopeful they can just pop it open and fix something inside because I really do not want some refurb or used device. I've had those, and never had any luck with them. Also, it'd be a pain to have to transfer all the stuff from this one to another one since there's no SD card. And after having finally gotten the G2 set like I wanted it to be from the beginning. Oh well.

2014-03-27-09-00-26.png2014-03-27-09-02-54.png2014-03-27-09-05-27.png

2014-03-27-09-08-25.png2014-03-27-09-11-03.png2014-03-27-09-12-37.png

Journeyman

I also am having signal issues with my G2. I have a feeling that a tower has been shut down in my area because the coverage map used to show me at a fair signal but now it has me roaming ! My signal keeps going between weak and failed ! I had to get on my computer to post this because I twice tried to use my phone and the signal dropped when I hit the reply button ! My zip code is 21160 and the nearest intersection is Peach Orchard Rd. and Susquehanna Hall Rd. My wife and Daughter have I Phones 5's and they get better reception then I do, not a lot but better and they also are on the Sprint network !

Master

inconsolable_me,

I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your device. Send us your zip code and cross streets. This will allow us to check on the networks performance in your area. Please also let us know of the outcome to your visit to a service and repair center.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat