cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

So will the new Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 have the same issue as the LG G2?  My LG G2 is done so I am buying a new, full price, phone today.  But if both of these new flagship phones have the same issues cause of Sprints new network I might just go buy the S4.  CAuse I know that will at least work.

Master

joeylarz20 - I do understand your concern. What I can recommend is that you get the device that you really want. Sprint has a 14-day return guarantee, if you don't like the device for any reason. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thanks Robert, that is what I planned on doing. 

Master

joeylarz20 - You are very welcome. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

The NEW Sprint S4's that hit the stores in March, I believe it was, are SPARK (TRI-BAND with only 1 radio function at a time) now, though I am not seeing the huge complaints that the G2 is getting, but I might be looking more about G2's.  The OLD S4's were NOT SPARK.  The NEW S4's ARE SPARK.  I don't know how well the SPARK (TRI-BAND) S4 is doing, but it surely is not as bad as the G2.

Go to [Inappropriate link removed] and file your complaints under service.  Sprint management must respond to them in 30 to 60 days, I believe it is.  I have done this before, and you will get a response from Sprint.  But do not assume that anything can be done, and miss your return window.  Sprint and Verizon are supposed to be moving toward LTE voice and doing away with CDMA, and they can't do it without the bulk of the phones being positioned for future network changes, though it hurts now.

NOW, call Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 option 4, option 2, option 1, then press 1 to continue to TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

These support people (the real support - you are wasting your time on this board) can look up towers in your area, and give you status of tower efficiency percentage, WHILE YOU ARE SPEAKING TO THEM.  Call and at least find out whether there is trouble in your area.  THEY ARE "REAL PEOPLE" in the US, if you know what I mean.  Good Luck!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - "This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Highlighted
Wizard

That doesn't work for me, all I get overseas call centers who can't understand my Southern accent at all.

I guess I'm one of the only persons who isn't having the problems everyone is talking about. But the network vision upgrades are mostly done in my area and I think that makes a difference.

Yeah, that's outsourcing for you. The ones I get can usually understand me, but I've got years of practice hiding my accent or masking it. Aside from the little problems though, I have to say that battery life seems greatly improved since the upgrade. I can go days without charging now. And this is with my G2 completely off WiFi.

Journeyman

Missouri. hwy 24 and morley street. i am on my 4th G2 in less than a month because the sprint store says the phones are duds and i do not receive my calls nor texts at all. its a dead phone basically.

Journeyman

I have seen others say on the Galaxy S5 Spark trouble thread, to turn off Band 41, and see if that helps for now.

Good Luck

Journeyman

This thread talks about disabling Band 41 to make Spark phone communications more reliable for now...

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/773338#773338

Master

Dear amrutherford12,

Thank you for your post and location information. I took a look at the tower that service that location and every one of them is scheduled to be upgraded during the next 90 days. The other factor is that the closest tower to you is 3.5 miles away and it is right on the edge of the coverage area.

I would like to take a closer look at your exact location and service levels. Can you please private message us with the account name, phone number and pin code on the account? I would really like to help you find a solution to your issue.

Sincerely,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

I recently got an email stating that Sprint would be working on specific towers near me, and that service would... well, suffer. Not in those words, but that's the gist of it. I've noticed that it did in fact get a lot worse over the past few days. I won't go into anything specific, but can you tell me what exactly they're doing and if this is going to last for weeks or months?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat