cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Anyone know if this will be fixed in the new android update that is supposed to be coming out? Also i know its not one for this forum, but has anyone experienced the same issues with the G3?

Master

monkey-man,

I understand how frustrating this issue can be for you. I would like to provide you with a troubleshooting step to complete on your device. This will help your device regain signal to the tower. Please access your keypad on your device and dial ##72786#. Let me know how this goes, I'll be waiting.

- Jasherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am in Staten Island NY 10314 Richmond and Travis ave's, I have been experiencing the no voicemail notification since July4 2013, after mamny hours of tech support levels 1-3 store visits master resets, troubleshooting, reprovisioning, and several replacement phones I am sad to say its time to leave Sprint after 12 years.  These people do not know how to help customers.  Some of them are very nice and courteous but I did not pay $270 for an LTE 4G phone only to get crappy 3g service.  I want the problem resolved or I want another phone.  A WORKING phone ! Even tried what the unbound1 suggested and the store blew me off!!

Journeyman

I did try ##72786# both times I talked to tech support.  Just tried it a 3rd time.  I'm at work with no data signal unless I select CDMA only which seems to force the phone into only using 1x data.  I have to shut off both roaming and use CDMA only mode at home to get hte phone to use the airave lately.

Master

mrbeezy20

We strive to represent the Sprint brand with excellence. To better assist you, please open this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and send the information as requested. I truly apologize for the lack of service you received in the store.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Master

dhoffman34,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known issue with the Spark capable devices which includes the G2. There is an issue with the devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work with the manufacture on a resolution. Any information regarding the fix for this issue will be announces through the LG G2 forums.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Master

monkey-man,

Thanks for getting back with us. We would like to to take a closer look at the network near your work and home. Send us the zip codes and cross streets for both locations.

The Airave will not work with LTE. You will want to keep the device on CDMA only and utilize Wi-Fi as much as possible at home.

There is a known issue with the Spark capable devices which includes the G2. There is an issue with the devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. Otherwise be sure to keep CDMA only active when in area where LTE is not available.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Omg it's not the freaking towers. That's all I see in you guys responses. Asking for cross streets, locations and so on. It's not the towers. If Sprint would just be honest and stop giving us the run around and let all of us know we purchased a crappy phone we could all probably just go on with our lives. Just be honest and let us know that the LG G2 is a crappy phone model.

Master

mosolo1,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known issue with the Spark Capable devices, which includes the G2. There is an issue with the devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G. We are currently working close with the manufacture on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work on a resolution.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This is NOT A PHONE PROBLEM, its the network, ALL TRI-BAND band phones are affected, I used the G2 overseas on Reliance CDMA and DID NOT HAVE ISSUES. I only have issues on Sprint's own network. The G2 even on Verizon's CDMA network works fine. For those of you comparing with older phones like the iPhone, they don't have issues because they are not tri-band.

Master

rtella, Is there anything that I can assist you with tonight? Let me know I'll be happy to help.
- JefferySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an LG G2 and the signal reception is horrible. I have already had the device replaced once by a repair center and is experiencing the same problem. I have read on the Sprint forums that this is a known device issue. I was never told this by the sales staff at the Sprint store, unfortunately I had to experience this awful device. I have a friend with another phone on Sprint, I put the phones beside each other on a table and my friends moto x and galaxy s4 received 3 to 4 bars of LTE while my G2 had one bar of 3G. I need something done now, I need to chat with a supervisor or just give the phone back in to a store and remove service. I like Sprint but I'm sick of this phone, I would like to have it replaced with a different phone such as the Moto X or the Galaxy S4 (Non-Sprint Spark)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat