cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

364 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Ty, My youngest now has the Lg G2 my oldest used to have. Idk wht the issue is but she tries calling home and it hangs up automatically. It makes me nervouse that she has a phone that doesn't work correctly. What if she needs to make an emergency call home and can't cause it doesn't work ?? it takes upteen times to get through once, both incoming and outgoing calls. Going to try and see if a repair ould help but idk how much it costs.

Journeyman

And wasn't Network Vision going to be the best thing ever and deliver best network in USA

Master

Foxfyre7169

Hey There! Thank you for informing us of this issue. Please keep us posted, for further assistance. Thank you in advance.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have to agree it was the LG G2 phone. We had ours  for a year and never could get a decent signal. No LTE unless I literally stood in one spot by my back window. !! At first they worked fine. After awhile. I couldn't even get  phone calls,nor could my daughter.I would sit right there at home and it wouldn't even ring ! Right to voicemail mostly. Or not even that. paying what we were paying and not having a decent orking phone was irritating to say the least. It took me 12 tries to get through to my daughter ONCE !! Not a good thing if there were to be an emergency !!!!  If It did happen to go through it hung up the minute i tried to answer. The phones were unusable. of course I had to wait for my Free upgrade, Which cost me 250.00 for both our new phones. I hope the LG G3 doesn't start doing the same thing.We need our phones as they are our only means of communications. I am glad to know I wasn't the only one with a bad phone

Journeyman

There is no 4G in my opinion. My data speeds are so slow. I think they have changed their spark implementation plan and only focusing on a few large markets first, kc not being one of them. Best Value does not mean Best Network

Journeyman

Same problem i have had this phone for a year and its horrible. Was sent a replacement and now says invaild card when there is no sd card. And you say 4g? Whats that ive never had 4g with this phone ever changed every setting. I also have no service where i live they send me a tower that doesnt work. I have had enough of it. 700$ phone and when u go to erase something it keeps adding more letters when u delete. I feel ripped off ccompletely. I ask for a strong sturdy phone i work in a rough place. Oh yes this is the one. Bs it has a paper thin glass and its 150 to replace when u pay monthly insurance. Sprint scams people and its completely obvious. Come july i will be going with verizon. This phone is horrible i had an optimus s 6 years ago that was better. Morale of the story dont buy it bc u get ripped off 700$ w no way of getting it back

Journeyman

Just a comment here, related with a different phone.   1 year ago Sprint Claim Spark was fully enabled in the Kansas City region; however, to this date my LG G3 gets little to no 4g LTE service throughout the region.  It is not the phone, except the design of the phone requires that a Tower is fully compatible with enhance circuit switch fall back.

I have reported reception problems to customer service before and have had the phone checked.  Depending on who you talk to, you are either told the towers have been upgraded completely and you know not what you are talking about,  or you are quietly told 4G LTE Towers are either not completely upgraded or not optimized.  If not told that directly, you get the same message in a round about way.  Is it the phone, network or misleading information, for instance on coverage maps?   I can tell you this:

1.  In Joplin Missouri where you have implement 4G LTE, I can actually have my phone on LTE/CDMA and even get signals in most buildings, except for one small part of town.

2.  I can tell you in my home area of the Kansas City region I do not dare take the phone off CDMA as doing so I have missed calls as evidenced by phone messages showing up well after the call was made and I verified with the caller they did not just leave a direct message.

3.  Sprint coverage maps show my area in Solid Red Spark Service and at the edge of solid green CDMA (3G) service.  But while I can pickup the CDMA signal in line with the coverage map; I have to travel to a main road to get even a weak LTE signal.

Conclusion;  my personal experience tells me the towers in Joplin are upgraded and the towers in the KC area are not fully so or there is something about the Spark service that is not being understood.   I know too that I can completely lose signal at times and that is consistent with eCSFB issues that were known from day 1.

Even on the Interstate near towers that show recent upgrades  (your records), LTE signals are very weak to not present.

What I am seeing is consistent with independent 4G maps, that honestly show very little LTE service in many areas for "ALL" providers.  Please give me the truth, I and others are really tired of excuses and differing messages depending on what Sprint Store you walk in to, be it Independent or Corporate owned.

Master

Perkilicious,

Please know by sending us your account via PM, we can troubleshoot the issue a little deeper and also assist you with a Warranty replacement if need be.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So you're saying hopefully they can answer my questions better?

Master

Perkilicious,

Can you please PM us your account info using the following link so we can take a closer look into this for you? Please let me know.

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care