cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Master

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

inconsolable_me - We understand your concerns and your frustration with the service during the updates. Remember, Sprint has been committed to providing the best service and technology there is. We know that this has been affecting our some of our customers, but we can assure you that all your patience will not be in vain. Some areas have been up and running. In most cases, service is getting better, while others are not as fortunate. Our technicians have been tediously working on this issue. We have also marked your area, as an area of concern. We really appreciate your time and loyalty. We look forward to continuing to provide you with service on our New Network. Have you recently reset the network settings on the device? - Fernendez Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I've taken my G2 in for "Diagnostics" two times and all they ever do is fiddle around with the settings until the phone seems to be working better, Then as soon as I get home...back to normal.

I get calls just fine, even though the sound quality is horrible. Texts sometimes take FOREVER to send. I also have a huge problem with data. Most times my G2 is on zero bars while my wife who is standing right next to me with her Iphone 5 is zipping along the internet. My LTE symbol may come on for 30 seconds or so but that's it.

I also lose GPS signal up to a dozen times a day.

I got this phone in February and it has been a pain from day one. It makes me mad to think I have to wrestle with this phone for the next year until I can replace it.

My zip is 60435

Journeyman

I can not wait until I can get a new phone I HATE the LG G2.  Multiple trips to Sprint Stores and referrals to Sprint Service and the most  they have EVER done is reset it back to factory default, even though I have told them each time that I have already tried that, it won't work.  WOW it works for a while and then I have to go through the steps of changing to CDMA ONLY and call the phone and then switch it back to LTE and then it works for a while and then take it back and tell them to check the records on me bringing it in and OH NO RECORD of me bringing it in before.  SUCH [inappropriate word removed].  And of course you never know for sure when it quits receiving phone calls so I never know how many calls have been missed.  And it DOES NOT matter where I live it happens at Home at work 23 miles away and at my sons house 35 miles away.  My wife and youngest son can be right next to me and their phone is just fine, downloading like crazy, mine is just sitting there spinning away they have great LTE I don't, and I may or may not be able to receive calls. Usually don't know until I talk to someone and they tell me they tried to call and it went straight to voice mail.  WELL, here we go again.  Never ending circle.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Master

GVARTZ - I'm sorry to hear that your phone is not working, and you've already gone through all the troubleshooting. Do you have Total Equipment Protection on your Sprint phone? When are you eligible to upgrade your phone line? Maybe we can work on getting the phone replaced or even a different model. Let us know, we want to help resolve this for you. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My husband and I both have the lg g2. His connects just fine to the 4g. Mine did until i broke the screen and had to get a replacement. Since i recieved my new phone I have not been able to connect to 4g. Also the gps drops off and the data all together drops. My husbands phone shows 4g while sitting next to mine and i have nothing. Its been two months and i have traveled all over michigan and colorado and never once was avle to connect to 4g. I too have heard its the towers which is bs because as i stated my husbands is fine. When i called customer service and explained my husbands was fine they tell me to reset my phone then call back. Classic sxan disk and defrag line used for years when they have no clue. I am extremely frusterated to pay for a service i cannot use.

Master

reflect47, This is not what we want for you! Have you successfully reset the device? If so did it help? It could also be the device have you been into a service and repair store to have it looked into? I would also like to see how your surrounding towers are performing. May I please have your zip and cross streets? Thanks. *Jazmine Social Care

Thanks for the reply, Fernandez. I really don't want to come off as a jerk, but I really wish everyone could stop telling me that they understand my frustration. I get that some of you actually do have problems with your devices, despite working for Sprint. It just ticks me off that even though I've been hearing that Sprint is "upgrading and updating" or whatever, my service continues to get worse and worse. There are occasional spikes when it hits a high point, such as when LTE was first introduced here, but then it all goes downhill. Slowly sometimes, but consistently downhill. It's like I just can't win. I won't go into my full Sprint history here, but it's been a losing battle. Despite getting better devices, my service seems to just be on the decline. And I really wish everyone would stop telling me about the trees and water around here, I've heard it already. The thing is, that doesn't hold any water seeing as how I actually had strong, consistent, constant LTE and clear, stable calls in my house just some months ago. The problems I am having now began before official word of upgrading came, meaning that things were fine back then. I've done everything I've been told to do with this thing. I reset everything that could be reset. I update the PRL and profile everyday, to no avail. The only thing I haven't done is change the priorities of bands 25, 26, and 41 because no one would give me my MSL. And I haven't rooted this or any of my devices.

Journeyman

in,

I am thinking that the equipment upgrades to 1900 decreased coverage, at least in some areas, like mine.  If they knew the new equipment was weaker, then they had to get Spark to customers so that when they turn on 800, we will be able to use it (be rescued?).  They have also rolled out WIFI calling because of poor coverage, I believe.  If this were true, they would never admit it. 

There might be inherent trouble with the G2, or it might just have a weaker radio, due to Spark or otherwise.

I suggest you ask them when 800 will be turned on in your area since it is supposed to carry further, and go inside buildings better, and might rescue you to better coverage than before, but who knows?  My engineer friend says it is a couple of months away in my area, but ask about your area on here.  Good Luck!  We need it.

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem with my LG G2. I have gotten 2 replacement phones but the problems persist. people tell me that they call me over and over and over again, but yet my phone never rings once. I Get a text message an hour after its been sent sometimes. Dialing out is sketchy, sometimes I have to hang up and redial 3 or 4 times before the call will go through. customer service is friedly but doesnt know whats going on. I am so upset and frustrated. all I can think to do is to sell this phone on ebay and use the money to buy a different model. I understand with new technology there are going to be glitches, but sprint should step up allow us to either get out of our contracts or return these usless phones for different ones.

Master

MITWALK72,

Thanks for posting. We understand the frustration. We are working to improve our network. Allow me the opportunity to check the status of the towers in your area. Please provide me with your nearest cross streets and zip code.

Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Had 4g Lte issues on my S4 and LG G2 (No 4G signal and barely 3G...was stuck using WiFi for months).  After much troubleshooting, it turned out to be an old version micro sim card.  I had to go to a Sprint store and they swapped out my old sim card (less than a few months old, yet a revision behind) with a the newer revision Sim card, and the Sprint persons had to do account stuff...had to re-run activation and such, but after a restart, the phone picked up 4G LTE and spark just fine.  This was all Free at my Sprint store.  I did it at a regular Sprint store and not an official Sprint Repair Location.  My store only had 1 of the new cards in stock.  Lucky me!  The self service from Sprint (The shortcut in the phone menu, dial menu, sprint app) is gone and worthless...You now have to call a number to activate devices (used and new).  You would be much better off just going to your local store and having them put in a new sim card instead of putting your old card in a different device. 

Message was edited by: theunbound1 to add info.

Journeyman

Having the same issue on my LG G2.  Both at work and at home.  My wifes s3 seems to be doing ok.  I can't even connect to my airave at home.  It just going from a sprint tower, to roaming verizon to airave and back and forth constantly at home.  At work if I force cdma only mode it sometimes will stay on 1x but 90 % of the time gets booted from 3g data.

Airave support told me to keep the phone in cdma mode and keep roaming off and thats all they could do for now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat