cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Since beginning this and another similar thread and jumping into a third, there has been a considerable number of user responses identical to our issue.  Knowing that those of us who get involved in these threads represent a small percentage of Sprint G2 owners and so what we see is likey the tip of a large iceberg, what troubles me most is:

1) Why do some Sprint reps keep chasing the faulty phone or phone set-up issue as they did for the most recent responder?  If there are so many faulty G2s out there - a phone that has only been available on Sprint for a few weeks - why has Sprint not notified all of us to bring in our phones for a replacement with resolved hardware?  Why hasn't LG stepped up and done anything?  Certainly the cost of upset users and tech support reps spending hours trying to troubleshoot a flawed product must be huge.

2) If as we believe the CSFB hardware issue is at the root of this problem and not individual faulty phones, what is Sprint's mindset that they market and sell a product with this design flaw that isn't mentioned anywhere in Sprint literature, that affects so many buyers, and will only resolve if and when the entire network is updated?   I shudder to imagine just how many G2 users do not realize that they're not receiving any calls or voicemails when in marginal reception or yet-updated areas as the phone doesn't give any indication of the problem except the absence of bars.  Would my wife - who is not a tech person at all - would she check the bars on her phone often and know to switch the network settings if she didn't see sufficient bars???

Is anyone with the ability to resolve this issue on more than an individual troubleshooting basis reading these threads and planning a resolution?

Journeyman

I think that the issue lays with one main thing: Sprint does not care about you or your phone.  Especially once they have your contract signed and the 14 day return period is over. I have had these exact problems since the day I ditched my Iphone and re-upped the contract with new LG-G2 phones.  Dropped calls all the time. From day one I wanted to take the phones back...but I kept getting the same mixed up response from Sprint. I do not understand this at all. I have been told several times that it's not the phone that is having problems. IT IS THE PHONE.  The DAY I switched phones the problems started. Yet they just kept telling me enough to keep me from returning the phones.  I called and went back to the store and asked them..."So what happens when these issues never go away? Do you guys have a record that I have lodged this complaint so that later, when nothing changes, you can let me ditch these phones?"  I was placated until the return period was over.  I had other problems with Sprint but this one belongs right in this thread. This is not a tower issue Sprint. This is a phone Issue. the LG-G2 phone is not fully capable of handling your network however you have it set up. I have read through these threads and I'm extremely frustrated. After doing some reading I now find out that Sprint totally knew about these eCSFB issues before they rolled out this phone!  That is harsh to find out now after my phones and plan are beyond returning. We bought phones that were gimped from the very start in certain markets and they knew this. This is why I say they do not care. Get new customers in the door and pretend the network is just having temporary problems. This phone should not have been released this early when Sprint has several known markets with various issues related to this problem. This link is directly ON topic to this thread and is not promoting anything other than free knowledge about this issue.  Read this: Sprint’s tri-band LTE phones to offer crippled service for the forseeable future | Android...

Sprint, to save you time...my city is Pleasant Grove Utah, and my cross streets are State and 820 South.

On top of all this, all of my texts from family in CA have not gone through in either direction for three weeks.

Please just help me at least get a clear signal at my home and restore my text function. Both of these problems started right when I switched phones. If this is how the LG-G2 measures up to the I-phone....I should have stayed on my Iphone.

Is there an update of any kind to get? Is there a patch? Is there anything anyone can do so I can send and receive texts from CA? or get a clear un-dropped signal at my home? I have the latest OS for my phone. And all updates are current according to my phone.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Master

lovelove33,

Thanks for posting on our community forum and alerting us to the dropped calls you've experienced. As far as your location is concerned, there are no outages or tower related problems that would cause this issue. Also, there are no official known issues with the LG G2 when it comes to call quality. If you have our Total Equipment Protection, and our repair technicians can replicate the issue, a repair or replacement will be given. Please visit www.sprintstorelocator.com to find multiple repair centers near you.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm in Holly Hill, Florida. My cross streets are 3rd Street and Riverside Drive. I previously had a Motorola Photon 4G that connected to the legacy Wimax 4g service just fine. I have yet to be able to keep a 4g signal here at home. I can pick it up sporadically when I'm out and about, but it never stays connected for more than 30 seconds or so before defaulting back to 3g. I am PAYING for 4g service, and I would expect that as high as my bill is every month that I would be getting what I pay for. This has to be a breach of contract. I would appreciate a real response about why so many of us are having problems connecting that what we're paying for. At the very least this should be grounds for getting out of an ETF, and at worst a lawsuit in the making. Can we get some real answers from some real representatives please?

Master

PLEX151PROOF,

Thank you for the post. The tower that serves you is less than a mile away in Daytona Beach and it was enabled with 4G/LTE components in August. I have checked the transmissions and they seem to be very erratic so I have pinpointed the site for further evaluation by the technicians.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C. 

Journeyman

I appreciate that. I will follow up in a few days to report whether or not this solved my problem. Thank you for your effort

Master

PLEX151PROOF,

Thank you for the feedback. Please do keep us posted on your service levels and let us know if you notice any changes in the coverage in your area.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C. 

Journeyman

I was gonna add to this about I am still having issues with 4G LTE issues, but it just seems like I been getting a run around. I give my crossroads where I live and you all say this and that but nothing has been getting done out here. So I will post my crossroads where I live they are High Road and Goforth Road, Kyle, Texas 78640. When I look at the coverage maps i see 2 towers on Highway 21 that crosses my road High Rd. I have done multiple profile update on my phone and still nothing. It show both towers have upgraded 2 times but not seeing a difference in 4G LTE connectivity  And thank for time.

Master

JB027,

Thank you for the reply. The tower that provides service to High Road and Goforth Road is actually off of Interstate 35.  It is just under four miles to your Southeast and it had 4G/LTE 1900 MHz installed in April.  4G/LTE 1900 MHz is a great signal for data speeds but it does not travel as far from the source as 3G does and the distance of the tower from you puts you at the edge of the limits of the 4G transmission.
With that being said, I do have some good news for you.  That tower is scheduled to get the 4G 800 MHz signal which does travel further than the 1900 MHz signal that is currently being transmitted.  When that signal is intatlled it should mean that you will have good 4G coverage near High Road and Goforth Road.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C. 

Journeyman

I still can't maintain a 4gLTE signal from my residence. I've done everything....turned connection optimizer off, switched from global to CDMA/LTE, etc, etc, etc.. Nothing more than 3g all the time. So there's my report back. Even out and about I can't maintain a connection to LTE. I feel like this is the Motorola Photon debacle part 2 for me. I almost switched carriers over that one, and now I'm having problems with this phone. I'm really looking hard at T-mobile at this point.

Journeyman

I was considering a G2, but this issue has given me pause.  My Optimus G has LTE, so I'll just keep it for now, probably have to pass on the G2 altogether.  LG is really getting burned on this, if you ask me.

Journeyman

It's really too bad, because it's a great phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat