cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Master

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

olliec1925,

I definitely apologize about the service issues that you've been experiencing. I checked the area, which confirmed that the cross streets that you provided, Peach Orchard Rd. and Susquehanna Hall Rd, are in a fair coverage area. In a fair coverage area, it's very likely to experience coverage gaps in these areas. Each phone picks up signal different-- which could be the reason why your wife and daughter picks up signal differently. Try updating the Profile, which refreshed the services, to see if that will help. Here are the instructions to do so :
Setting>System Updates> Update Profile, PRL, Firmware
Please let me know if this helps.

Sprint Social Care Team
Alexes
Journeyman

Well, guys, I have been meaning to post this, but it keeps being too late in the night, and the Sprint site locks out comments some time after midnight - just another aggravation.

Anyway, if you can't get satisfaction, go to the FCC website - www.fcc.gov, and file a complaint.

They sort of have hidden the complaint page, but if you use it, the carrier (Sprint) MUST respond to your complaint, as I understand it, and it worked with Sprint and BellSouth in the past for me, but it can take a month or two.

A BellSouth (now ATT) Vice President called me back on a porting issue and fixed it..

Maybe doing this by enough people will get the issues to Mr.Son at Sprint - the head honcho.  He might even be interested to know about the big problems.

www.fcc.gov/complaints

Tell the FCC about the major problems you are having, and suggest that any equipment is faulty, and should be recalled, etc.  But continue to pursue relief with the customer service prople at Sprint at 1-888-211-4727.  I really don't think the hired social media people on here that cover up the problems via multiple replies, have any power to fix your device problems, nor even the network.

Good luck!

Journeyman

Does anyone know if the KitKat update will fix the Sprint Spark mess with the LG G2 on Sprint? 

I live in the Silicon Valley (Palo Alto) and we do not have 4G LTE in most of this area.  We have been promised "it is coming" for about three years now.  Unfortunately, the LG G2 will "lose" data connect throughout the day.  Sometimes, it results in an inability to call or use text messaging. 

Typically, I'll see the 4G symbol pop up...and, of course, there is no 4G LTE.  Thus, I have no data while it searches.  Then, I will have to wait for the phone to detect 3G.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  If it doesn't, I switch to airplane mode, wait a few minutes and then turn off airplane mode.  Usually, it will search for the signal more quickly.  If that doesn't work, I restart the phone. 

This is a debacle for those of us who rely upon decent internet on our devices.  I pay too much money for inconsistent internet connection.  Even when it does work, the 3G speeds are mediocre at best and absolutely terrible most of the time. 

I am just hoping that Kit Kat will fix this mess.  I was promised LTE in January (even receiving text messages and emails telling me this).  However, it is now April in less than two hours and we have no LTE.  The last Sprint rep told me that it looks like I should get it this summer (subject to change), but I am tired of Sprint's promises (three years worth). 

My parents live in a rural area yet have very fast 4G LTE with AT&T.  I live within walking distance of Stanford University, Google and any number of major internet and tech companies, yet suffer through terrible data speeds.  One of the techs suggested that my only viable solution would be to use our home Wi-Fi on our phones.  I asked, "Then what am I paying Sprint for?" 

Back on topic: Has anyone upgraded to KitKat?  Did it fix these problems?

Master

JESUS_MA, Thanks for the post. I have checked the coverage in your area and at this time and our network team is still working on upgrading the towers to provide the 4G LTE service. So to answer your question the KitKat update will not fix your issue with data it is designed to update the software on the phone. In the meantime, turn the 4G off on your phone and update the PRL. We ask for your continuous patience in this matter. -LH Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

@ SprintCare: Thank you for your response.  Sprint has been promising LTE in our area for years now.  In fact, we only renewed our contract because we were promises LTE in January.  I was willing to give Sprint the benefit of the doubt because, well, this is the Silicon Valley and I assumed that this would be one of the first places that Sprint would upgrade towers with the rollout.  Since it has taken so long and people in rural areas are already getting LTE, I just assumed that we would be getting it soon. 

To tell you the truth, I am disappointed for having ever "stuck" with Sprint.  Our "unlimited data" has been a series of broken promises.  What good is "unlimited" if there is no 4G and 3G speeds are often ridiculously slow? 

As for your suggestion: Should we do this with ALL of the phones on our plan?  I really don't want to have to turn 4G on and off (particularly because we might drive to an area that has 4G). 

So, do you have any new time frame regarding the estimated completion of the upgrade for the tower nearest our house?  We live in Palo Alto, California near the intersection of Alma St. and Colorado Ave.

Master

JESUS_MA, I know this is frustrating and can certainly understand your disappointment. The reason for turning off the 4G is because the phone will continue to search for a connection which will also drain your battery. I did check for an estimated time for when the upgrade will be completed in your area but as of right now no dates have been provided. For updated information for what's going on in your area, please refer to sprint.com/network. -LH Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

@ SprintCare:  Thanks...but I am even more concerned now.  I was quoted by several Customer Service reps that the tower closest to our home would be finished by the summer.  Now, you're saying that there is no date for the completion of this upgrade? This lack of clarity is the most frustrating thing of all!  Why would Sprint workers quote me dates if they don't mean anything?

On another note: One of our lines is used at a workplace in nearby Menlo Park, California.  It is a well-populated area (with schools, homes and many businesses and offices), but there is almost no Sprint service out there.  The location is near the intersection of Survey Lane and Middlefield Road in Menlo Park, California.  Is there any chance that Sprint will ever have signal in this location?

Master

JESUS_MA - I did check that area. It looks like there are towers near that area. 4G/LTE Upgrades are also scheduled for that area. Has the owner of the device troubleshooted or refreshed the signal? Also do they see the no signal symbol (circle with the line in the middle)? Sprint Social Care Team - Joanne
Journeyman

@ SprintCare: 

Sometimes, the phone indicates that there is no data.  Most of the time, it seems that the phone is perpetually attempting to find a data signal in that area.  Even when data is present (one bar) after a long search...and when trying to open a website (something as simple as the Google homepage), it will look like it is trying to open but it never does (it sort of "times out").  It doesn't matter the device either.  This has been our Sprint experience with an iPhone, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S2 and Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.  Oddly enough, the Sprint signal is okay along Middlefield Rd.  However, the signal at the US Geological Survey (USGS) where this family member works is dreadful (whether in building, outside or in the car). 

In addition, we have friends who live very close by in a residential neighborhood -- just yards away -- on Homewood Place (near the intersection with Linfield Dr.).  We simply do not have data most of the time when we are visiting them.  They've mentioned that people with Sprint who visit them cannot use data at their home.  Sprint data in this area isn't just mediocre -- it is virtually non-existent.  Most of the time, you detect a signal, but speedtests on multiple devices typically cannot happen because the initial ping takes too long to initiate a test.  When I can do the test, I find results of roughly 0.02 to 0.05 Mbps. 

In other words, this isn't a device issue.  It happens all of the time with any Sprint device.  Perhaps Sprint should update their "coverage" map to indicate just how non-existent Sprint 3G data is in this area?

Master

JESUS_MA:

In the areas you've mentioned, techs are prepping for or performing upgrades. Spark cannot be implemented until an area is fully upgraded to LTE. I do understand your trepidation at having to wait for the upgrades to be completed in the areas you frequent. Each tower's upgrade is a bit analogous and can take time. Usually, an upgrade progresses like this: the old tower is torn down; a new tower is built; new fiber optics cables are buried; new spectrums are added to each tower and each new spectrum is tested and tweaked. On top of that, there are the unforeseen and out of our control that can work to hamper the progression the techs are trying to make. These might include things like power outages, fires, acts of God, floods, vandalism, delays due to utility companies, government red tape, property owner delays, animals etc.

Of the over 32,000 towers we have nationally, more than 22,000 have ben upgraded in the last 18 or 19 months for an average of over 1,000 per month. Techs are working as fast as they can to get all upgrades completed s expeditiously as possible.

Keeping your device set to CDMA while in any area where upgrades are taking place or have yet to start will conserve battery life, decrease connection issues as well as keep battery from overheating.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

What the heck, I may as well give you my info and see what you say.

Intersection, Andermann Ln. and Walnut Dr.  Zip Code 60561.

Can't get 4G in my house.  Only 3G and the "speeds" are practically non-existent.  Outside in my parking lot, sometimes I get 4G LTE Sprint Spark logo turning and the speeds are still very slow.  Any info on my area?

For what it's worth, I live on the ground floor (not a basement).

Master

Tritone:

At that location most upgrades have already been completed. I have, however, requested techs check the tower serving that intersection and address any anomalies they find.

While you may see Spark in that area, it is likely to fade in and out while techs perform tests on it. I suggest not enabling it at this time.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat