cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Master

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

inconsolable_me - It depends on the type of work being done in your area. It can vary. What are your cross streets and zip code? I can check the towers to see what type of upgrades are being performed and how long it will take. - Joanne Sprint Social Care Team

Okay, the zip is 70068. The nearest tower is on Elm which intersects Airline Highway.

Master

inconsolable_me - The ticket for that tower that was being worked on is currently completed. Dial ##72786# to refresh the signal. -Joanne Sprint Social Care Team

This is what I mean. You said 2 weeks ago that the work was complete, and I got a confirmation email stating that same thing. It said that I was all set to go, and that I should be enjoying the new upgraded network now...  But, I'm not. Instead, my service got worse progressively. And to add to that, I took the G2 into the store to have it looked at and ask some questions, and was told that work had actually not been finished, and was in fact only 65% complete. I was told this by two other people with Sprint, with different completion percentages. I asked if my phone needed all 5 local towers to work properly, and was told "No." They didn't find anything wrong with my G2, and gave me some things to try and maybe help the situation, none of that worked. So, what is it? Is work still going on? Is it complete? Is my phone malfunctioning? If it's not, is it that my phone just doesn't work on the new network? I kind of wish I could try another of the tri-band devices for a couple days just to make sure, but I know that's not going to happen. So, I've been looking at other carriers and shopping around for service. I hate to leave after these 4 years, but I'll do what I have to to have a phone that I can actually use. What's the point of unlimited data if I can hardly use it?

Master

inconsolable_me,

May I ask if you have tried setting the phone to CDMA only from the Network Settings? This will help provide a more stable connection for the device since there is no Sprint Spark signal in your area. Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care

Yes, I've done that. I've done everything suggested to me and everything I could find in the various menus. I figured we wouldn't get Spark for quite some time here, but just a usable data signal would be good. The 3G is so hit-or-miss. Sometimes I can use it, and others... nothing. Won't load web pages, won't let apps function, nothing. Then there are the numerous times when I get the network error message and the signal cuts out altogether.

Master

inconsolable_me,

Thanks for the reply. Please allow us to take a deeper look into this for you. Would you be willing to PM us with your Phone Number and PIN to get started? Please let me know.

Thanks again,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm D-O-N-E! I think this issue is with the LG G2...but there is no solution!! and I am sick and tired of it! I'm switching to T-Mobile! Does anyone know a legal way to get out of their contract? Without getting a lawyer? I can't even send text messages with pictures. This issue is insane..and to think that we are paying an additional $10 per month for this "service". BTW - T-Mobile will buy you out of your contract so that you can get rid of the LG G2 problem.....

Master

Readytoswitch

We definitely don't want to loose you as a value Sprint customer, I'm here to help. Have you taken the device inside a Sprint repair center for a diagnostic?

Estelisse

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Estellisse from Sprint Care Team, why do you tell people to take their phone in for diagnostics. This thread on page one tells exactly the problem with the LG G2 and its inability to switch back to a usable network. I to have problems and have called many time for support and no Sprint Representative will admit to the problem. Shame on you. The truth is that the Lg G2 and the Sprint network are incompatible.

Master

giegler,

giegler - I understand your frustration with this issue. Let's work together to try to find a solution. Toggling airplane mode on and off has been known to resolve this issue. Here are the steps to turn airplane mode on and off http://bit.ly/1nxlzmZ . Repeat these steps a few times to help resolve the issue.

Kareem

Sprint Social Care

It's my opinion that the G2 and all of the other tri-band devices are not fully compatible with the current network for the majority of us. Those who are in Spark enabled areas supposedly are not getting the same issues we do. I think it's wrong to sell us these things this way, but what's done is done. I also think that we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to use our devices. The thing I've come to realize is it all boils down to one keyword that's most likely on every tri-band device's packaging: capable. They all say they're Spark capable. Or something to that effect. It all seems underhanded with the way it's promoted to the customers, everyone at the stores, on the phone, and online boasting about Spark and its capabilities and whatnot, when the fact is that most of us don't even have it or won't for some time. If at all. I've heard lots of things from lots of different people at this point, and I've gotten to the point where I just write it all off until I see some actual results. What I wonder is this... If you're steadily making improvements and upgrading, why does my service continue to get worse and worse? Pardon me for now knowing exactly how this stuff works, but shouldn't my service improve as upgrading or whatever it is they're doing gets closer to completion?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat