cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

But what about LTE and Spark?

Master

Lilladylex87,

There are no service alerts in ur location. We have alerted our network team of the service issues you're experiencing.

- David
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

CDMA mode might work for some, but I definitely have LTE in my area and I cannot receive calls while using LTE/CDMA on my LG G2. This only happened after I received a replacement phone. I pretty sure it has something to do with how sprint provisions your phone. My original LG G2 didn't have LTE until I had my phone re-provisioned (activated) with a new SIM Card.

I plan on calling Sprint tomorrow and telling them that I need my phone reactivated after receiving a new sim card (so I don't have to hear a bunch of useless troubleshooting) After reading this thread I see calling Sprint and telling them I cant receive calls would be a waste of time.

Master

INFDAMARVEL,

I would like to look into this for you. May I have the closest cross streets and zip code to the problem area? A software update was sent last month that enabled the G2 to connect to any of Sprint's LTE bands. What's the software version on the replacement phone you have?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Julian,

I am having the same issues and EVERY replacement phone I have received has had the SAME issues.  Replacing the phone with the same phone results in the same issues.  How is this fixing the problem or offering any kind of customer service.  The Technical support in the stores is clueless to this issue or they play dumb in order to placate the customer with a possible solution that they know won't work.

I want a different phone, one that will send and receive text messages and Gtalk message and receive the DATA that I am paying for.Will Sprint honor that?

Journeyman

Here are the exact issues I am having and what has been done so far:

I have NO data....anywhere, no matter where I am

I can't use Gtalk, access the internet, or facebook

I have:

Taken it multiple times to the service center

Had it replaced with the same model phone

Used ##72786# to reactivate the phone (multiple times)

Turned off the Optimizer

Turned Optimizer back on

Set the phone to LTE/CMDA and reboot

Set the phone to CMDA and reboot

Done the Device Diagnostics from Sprint Zone

And I am exhausted and frustrated.  When they sent me the replacement this last time, it was a "certified pre-owned" WHICH I was under the understanding that it would be a new phone.  The phone had Data for all of ONE day before it went right back to the same issues.

I would like to know WHAT Sprint can do to fix this issue and if not then I want a NEW phone that is not this LG G2.

Master

BHinson - We need to access your account in order to get this matter resolved. Please follow the directions in the following link for further assistance http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Master

BHinson,

We're sorry to see you're in this situation. Please allow us to turn this around for you by sending us a private message. Please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to provide the requested information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My area code is 21009. I live right outside Baltimore which has Spark but where I live we only have 4G LTE based off Sprints own coverage map. The problem is the phone only receive calls over CDMA. So while your phone sits in LTE mode it doesn't receive calls (nor does it even recognize u received a call)

I definitely believe it may be a phone issue. Those who are having the problems post the revision of your phone. I'm currently using a Revision 1. I still need to call costumer service and have them re-provision my line because I suspect the SIM card (which controls LTE) may be the problem. For some reason I doubt thatll work. So I plan on just asking for a replacement phone (which probably wont work based off previous post). If that fails ill be asking for another phone, which if they refuse ill probably just cancel the contract once it expires. Sprint is going pretty downhill anyways. I think we have been with them for almost 10 years now.

Master

INFDAMARVEL - Have you taken the device into the Sprint service & the repair center for advanced diagnostics? It's probably a device antenna/SIM issue. Keep me posted. - Shari
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My wife has been telling me about this problem for months.  About not having any good reception and data.  Just recently it has gotten worse. 

My phone and son's phone (Samgsung S4's) have great 4GLTE coverage at home and other parts of our county .  My wife's LG G2 doesn't get any 4G LTE just CDMA data once in a while.  I've done most of the troubleshooting and nothing good happens.  The Data bars go up and down to completely gone and with a red x.  4GLTE and 3G hasn't appeared at all.

Should we take this phone back?

Thanks!

Master

DIRTYWORK - Thank you for reaching out to us. Due to her device being the only one with this issue, it will be best to take it back to the point to sell. Once at the store they will be able to see exactly what is going on. Please let us know if you would like for us to set an appointment for you. This will ensure you get in and out. - JaSherai
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat