ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Wow. This thread is really interesting. My G2 seems to get excellent LTE connections as I can get it almost everywhere I go, even in a sparsely populated town near here. I never got LTE there with my LTEVO (I switched to the G2 about three weeks ago), but I couldn't get LTE in quite a few places with that phone. I can say that my G2 seems to be doing much better with LTE after I turned off the Optimizer. I found it to be problematic before doing that. Just my experience.

Master

PLEX151PROOF,

Thanks so much for the update! I do see that some updates were recently completed in your area. Have you taken the device in to a service and repair shop? Let me know, I am here to help! Also check out: http://bit.ly/1htwmxO for more trouble-shooting tips.

Lucia

Social Care

Master

Phreddo,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your frustrated with the LG G2. I would be more than happy to look into your area. Can you supply me a zip and cross st? I would be happy to look into your area to see if there is something that would be causing this to happen.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

PLEX151PROOF,

Thank you for the reply.  I'm sorry for the issues that you're having and yes it is a great phone and should only get better as the LG G2 will become tri-band enabled through a software update (which should take place in quarter 1).  If all users of this device were not able to access 4G the outcry online would be monumental and this thread would have much more than two pages since it was created on December 13th.

You stated that you can't maintain a 4G/LTE connection from your residence which leads me to believe that it is probably more of a network or external issue than a device issue.  What cross strets are nearest to your residence and in what zip code are you.  We'll check the proximity of the serving tower, the enabled components within the tower and the performance levels of the tower itself to see if we can find the issue affecting your 4G connectivity.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Thanks for your response. My cross streets are Riverside Drive and 3rd Street. I was informed today that Sprint is pushing the Spark update starting today. So far I haven't gotten it. Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon. Thanks again

Master

inconsolable_me,

Thank you for your feedback. Every piece of information is helpful and gives mutiple options to people to try. If you would like for me to look into any areas or have concerns, please let me know.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Same issues like everyone stated above,  no 4g or 3g barely at home...   havent seen 4g in 2 weeks ..cross streets  Upper Valley RD & Artcraft   Zipcode 79932. I wont hold my breath.

Journeyman

I don't own a G2.

I'm interested in it, but this issue is keeping me from purchasing one.

I will keep an eye on it and see if a suitable resolution is reached.

Master

woods_5000,

I am sorry to see that this has been such a headache. I would be happy to work with you. I am not showing any outages at this point, but it looks like we are going to be working on some optimizations that will help with these problems. I have reported these issues over to our engineers as well. Does this mainly happen at this location? Can I have you dial ##72786# on your G2? This will reboot the phone and force reactivation. Please let me know if this helps. I am here for you.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

PLEX151PROOF,

Would you be able to provide the zip code as well as that the system is yielding mutiple locations for Riverside Drive and 3rd Street location. Thank you in advance.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Of course. I'm sorry for not providing it previously. It's 32117

Journeyman

Same result, after I did the ## thing  ,  you say "optimizations " are going on?  I surely hope.  You know I loved this phone but I swear this problem started 2 weeks ago to the day and haven't been right since . Its like the service was just fine , then  boom has been utterly horrid. and it's not just the data  I have been missing calls like crazy  & texts.. important calls too, like the birth of a nephew 1600 miles away.   and I never got the call. Srsly  What happened the past 2 weeks?  I know Spark is no where here , been a long time customer,  since 2000.  I just feelSO Ripped off right now,  and these T-Mobile commercials keep luring me in. 

My wife's phone is great she has the LG Optimus G, and it is ALWAYS connected on 4g , where mine doesn't even get 3G, srsly I would prefer a Note 2 , becuz this tri-band stuff is almost make believe, will this update you "say" is coming help my situation,  ? again I won't hold my breath.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat