cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Its 2015. I have the G2 and for the past year...LTE is just useless to me. No calls come through unless on CDMA and of course my data is useless on CDMA most times. And NO it will not switch to recieve i.coming calls. Tired of calling and reporting and going througj the ....lets check your phone...turn it off and on ....yada yada yada. G2 is garbage an no offers to replace. Many important calls missed. Straight talk here I come!

Master

CFENDER8

We hate to see you leave. Have you tried to bring your phone to our repair store to check? They will be able to determine what's going on with it.

Dale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow.. I guess I shoulda looked this up earlier.. this phone is clearly a piece of junk. My phone is constantly going from LTE to little red x no service. Every time I recieve or send a text it will go to no service. If I'm not on wifi it constantly switches back and forth killing my battery.

sprint should be handing out free replacements and apologizing for these terrible phones. I've had my phone for a year now and it sucks!

also my phone is set to Global, not lte/cdma... Or just cdma Idk if that makes a difference.

Master

Perkilicious,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Provide me with the cross streets and zip code so I can check the area for you.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

CHemehuevi and Saratoga 86406

Master

Perkilicious,

Have you done any troubleshooting on the device? If not, I would recommend you do so through the Sprint Zone application. If that doesn't help, I would recommend setting your network mode to CDMA only. You can do so by going to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > CDMA. Let me know if either of the two work.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SSprint zone diagnostics came back clean. No problems. And why the heck would I turn my phone to 3G only? Yeah right.. I'll do that just as soon as you people take that $10 charge for "PREMIUM" service. it's BS. and clearly it has something to do with the phone. So maybe you people are corporate need to suck it up and quit being a bunch of pansies, admit your mistake, and replace our crappy phones.

Master

Perkilicious,

Can you please PM us your account info using the following link so we can take a closer look into this for you? Please let me know.

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So you're saying hopefully they can answer my questions better?

Master

Perkilicious,

Please know by sending us your account via PM, we can troubleshoot the issue a little deeper and also assist you with a Warranty replacement if need be.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just a comment here, related with a different phone.   1 year ago Sprint Claim Spark was fully enabled in the Kansas City region; however, to this date my LG G3 gets little to no 4g LTE service throughout the region.  It is not the phone, except the design of the phone requires that a Tower is fully compatible with enhance circuit switch fall back.

I have reported reception problems to customer service before and have had the phone checked.  Depending on who you talk to, you are either told the towers have been upgraded completely and you know not what you are talking about,  or you are quietly told 4G LTE Towers are either not completely upgraded or not optimized.  If not told that directly, you get the same message in a round about way.  Is it the phone, network or misleading information, for instance on coverage maps?   I can tell you this:

1.  In Joplin Missouri where you have implement 4G LTE, I can actually have my phone on LTE/CDMA and even get signals in most buildings, except for one small part of town.

2.  I can tell you in my home area of the Kansas City region I do not dare take the phone off CDMA as doing so I have missed calls as evidenced by phone messages showing up well after the call was made and I verified with the caller they did not just leave a direct message.

3.  Sprint coverage maps show my area in Solid Red Spark Service and at the edge of solid green CDMA (3G) service.  But while I can pickup the CDMA signal in line with the coverage map; I have to travel to a main road to get even a weak LTE signal.

Conclusion;  my personal experience tells me the towers in Joplin are upgraded and the towers in the KC area are not fully so or there is something about the Spark service that is not being understood.   I know too that I can completely lose signal at times and that is consistent with eCSFB issues that were known from day 1.

Even on the Interstate near towers that show recent upgrades  (your records), LTE signals are very weak to not present.

What I am seeing is consistent with independent 4G maps, that honestly show very little LTE service in many areas for "ALL" providers.  Please give me the truth, I and others are really tired of excuses and differing messages depending on what Sprint Store you walk in to, be it Independent or Corporate owned.

Journeyman

Same problem i have had this phone for a year and its horrible. Was sent a replacement and now says invaild card when there is no sd card. And you say 4g? Whats that ive never had 4g with this phone ever changed every setting. I also have no service where i live they send me a tower that doesnt work. I have had enough of it. 700$ phone and when u go to erase something it keeps adding more letters when u delete. I feel ripped off ccompletely. I ask for a strong sturdy phone i work in a rough place. Oh yes this is the one. Bs it has a paper thin glass and its 150 to replace when u pay monthly insurance. Sprint scams people and its completely obvious. Come july i will be going with verizon. This phone is horrible i had an optimus s 6 years ago that was better. Morale of the story dont buy it bc u get ripped off 700$ w no way of getting it back

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat