cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

I spoke with a Sprint representative at the Sprint store yesterday morning. They are aware of the issue with 4G LTE connectivity with this device as well as other Tri-Band devices. The rep actually has the same phone and is having the same issue I am experiencing. I was assured that when the network update was completed in my area, it would resolve the connectivity issue. I was informed that it would more than likely be resolved within a month since the work in my area is nearly complete. They resolved the issue with my phone screen not rotating by recalibrating the screen. I am not sure that will be a permanent fix but I have TEP, so it's not that big of an issue if it starts occurring again. So now I am waiting with fingers crossed that my LTE connectivity issue will actually be resolved when the network update is completed in my area.

Journeyman

I GOT the update last night and the same story... I cannot believe this. just recall the phone already SPRINT.

Journeyman

I should also mention that the representative I spoke with at the Sprint store stated that the fix will be to the towers and not via software update.

Journeyman

Khuten,

Good evening. Wanted to follow up with u and see how your issue is doing. I got the spark update today and my phone is working a lot better. Of course the update came today which puts me past my 14 day window. So I'm stuck with it. If your phone hasn't been uodated ask for them to push it out to u.

Journeyman

I don't have an LG G2.   I am a SPRINT customer with a feature phone and I am due for an upgrade.  I saw the G2 reviews and hiked over here to get a picture of how the G2 is performing.  The G2 got great reviews, but the reviewer was on VZW and it performed well there.  VZW has a different network so the phones, as far as I can tell, worked right out of the box.  SPRINT is playing catch up with the network upgrades.  Reading this thread, and some of the others, makes me question whether the Tri-bands are worth the investment right now.

Journeyman

Well, I came across these posts as a follow up to this issue that I have been having for the last month, and Spint has even fessed up to the GRAVE mistake and I have heard all of the blah blah blah and spent hours on the phone for updates and such. I for one am HIGHLY considering finding law firm for a class action lawsuit as these phones should have NEVER been launched without the technology in place first. That and not every rep that I have spoken with, superviors included, were even on the same page as far as the overall problem and resolutions. Sprint used to be a GREAT company and I am not sure what has exactly taken place with the management, but the company has certainly declined GREATLY!!! Without being able to fully use the phones capabilities on their VERY crippled networks, that should automatically be a breach of contract on their end and people should be able to be able to freely turn in their phones, get out of their contracts, etc. without a penalty. I am doing some research right as to switch to T-Mobile or Verizon, as I cannot continue to pay almost $200 a month for services that hardly work.

The only thing I am getting from Sprint right now is unlimited headaches instead of unlimited talk, text, and web. I hope there will be others that will look into this from a legal standpoint as well.

Sincerely,

1 pee'd off customer!!!

Master

Khuten-

Thanks for all of your activity within this thread! The ZVA update was sent out to enable our 3rd band of LTE, regardless to whether or not you live within a Spark area. This is done, so if one were to travel to a Spark area, they can take advantage of the fast data. 

In regards to your concerns, Spark is live in Chicago metro and if you live within the area, the service on the G2 should be excellent! We do offer a 14 day return/exchange policy should you be unhappy. 

Please let me know should you have any further questions.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

William,

I have to disagree with u on some of the statements. How come I've had my phone for 2 weeks, but only yesterday was able to access Spark. Also still not seeing any mbps over 15.

Of course the update came on my 14th day, so i am taking a chance with not returning the phone yesterday. I think it is a complete joke that my phone didn't have the proper software when the phone was purchased.

The phone is great, but the connection to the network is a terrible rollout by Sprint. Reminds me of the ACA rollout. Would love to know what field testing was done.

The worst part is not even a credit was offered for the phone not having the right software when activated.

Journeyman

Also William,

Please tell me why I am not able to browse the internet for a location while i am on the phone? That's because this great network doesn't support dual radio. Which in my opinion is a step back.if you do not believe grab someone's G2 and give it a try.

I know u are just front line support, but I think this thread would trigger u to escalate this. But we are a few among millions.

Master

joeylarz20-

Thanks for your feedback. The LG G2 does not support simultaneous voice and data. This is not due to the network, rather it's due to the current chipset that's used for the particular device.

As far as the actual data speed is concerned, speeds vary depending upon, the particular area, distance of the cell-site, weather, and time of day. Do you spend most of your time at the location you previously provided? 15 mbps down is still quite good and you can accomplish demanding tasks with that speed.

Thanks in advance,

William

Journeyman

I'm right there with you. I almost switched to T-mobile when my contract was up at the end of December and at the last minute decided to give Sprint one more chance since I've been a customer going on 10 years now. My last response in this thread was ignored. I would like someone to remind me why I pay so much for service that I don't actually receive. I just received the ZVA update this past Thursday, and I was excited that this might finally be able to connect to LTE, but I still have no 4g service at my residence and very spotty service everywhere in my area. Occasionally I will get an LTE signal in certain areas, but nowhere near my residence. Even the old legacy Wimax worked here. This is supposed to be an improvement? I'm honestly about to give up. I've heard Tmobile's service is flawless here. I would be interested in pursuing and being involved in legal action if it comes to that. I'm getting pretty irritated with my crappy service. If the network wasn't ready yet, why would you guys release the phones that work on it? Seems a little irresponsible to me.

Journeyman

William

Joeylarz20 lives about 3-4 miles south of me.  If he continues to have problems I will take that as evidence that either he has a brick for a phone or the network is not robust enough  to justify getting a G2.  Chicago is saturated with 4G LTE and I know something about the area he lives in.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat