cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!

I get that i dont live in a spark area but why cant i get lte in a area where my wife s4 get great lte service

Journeyman

William,

So the chipset in the phone that Spint chose?  Cause from what I have read Verizon G2's phones are able to do both, unless I misread. Regardless I think that is something that Sprint should tell their customers, since almost every other phone can do that on Sprint's network.

The address I provided above yes that is where I am mainly.

Thanks for the follow up though.

Journeyman

Khuten,

So the phone is working ok now.  Honestly I don't see any difference in speed between my Note 2 and this phone.  The phone itself is great and the processing power of the phone itself is top of the line.  The battery on the phone is unreal.  I can go about a day and half without charging.  I am pretty much your average user. 

In my opinion if I was you I would wait for the S5 and the HTC One 2 to be released if you are in the market for a new phone.  I would think Samsung and HTC would build these new phones to compete with the G2's power and battery life. Also G2 is supposed to come out with a new version of this phone with a different case.  I am not a fan of not being able to access the battery and SIM chip if they ever break for some reason.  But I couldn't say no the potential of this phone.

Both of those phones are supposed to be Tri band as well, so I would hope before they are released any issues reported with the G2 and Spint would be corrected with those phones being released. 

I think Sprint should send me a referral check for this response to you..hahaha

Happy to help.

Journeyman

Thanks Joey it's all good to know.

I have had good experiences with LG products until my current phone, the Rumor Reflex, but that is another thread.  Right now all my phone can do is voice calls, FB and access the web.  For now it's enough and I can afford to wait a while longer for the Tri-Band phones to get updated/upgraded.

Regarding the simultaneous voice/data - did you read this November 2013 article at Geek.com? It appears to reinforce your suggestion that I hold off a bit.   http://www.geek.com/android/sprints-tri-band-lte-phones-offering-crippled-service-for-the-forseeable...

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I can see why it would be for someone else.

Master

mr2oclock,

Are you certain that your wife has a Sprint Galaxy S4? Sprint 4G LTE is not yet covered in the 28304 area. This would explain why you are unable to access 4G LTE.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Julian

Did I read that right?  No 4G LTE in Fayetteville, NC  28304?

I made a point of filtering out 3G and 4G WiMAX, and the map shows a lot of 4G LTE in Fayetteville, NC 28304.  http://coverage.sprint.com/mycoverage.jsp?id=BO543STC  So either he has 4G LTE or SPRINT is deliberately misleading consumers who use this map to find out what is available in their area.  Which is it?

Journeyman

No julian im not sure maybe the sprint employee sold my wife a tmobile samsung galaxy s4 lmao!!!REALLY ????? I cant believe you asked that question I paid for the devices MYSELF AT THE SPRINT STORE and yet of course my coverage map indicates that we have great lte coverage in my are but my wifes s4 gets it but my g2 doesnt hence why we sacraficing time and effort on this forum

Master

Hello again! I got a chance to double check the local network and LTE is enabled at a few cell sites in town with more coming this year. What are your nearest cross streets in Fayetteville? Also, let’s make sure 4G is enabled on your device: Apps>Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and select LTE/CDMA and when LTE is available, you will pick it up. Please keep me posted.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Bunce and raeford rd I been through those steps countless times

Journeyman

It's becoming a joke, I received the "Spark" update on my phone. When I got home I ran some speed tests on 3G and speeds were terrible less than 1 MB download and upload (much better before the update). So I went to my favorite Tavern 3 miles away where I used to get close to full bars on 4G connectivity with my Galaxy Nexus. While I was able to connect and stay connected to LTE (the new notification after the Spark update) my speeds were a third of what they were on "4G" with my Galaxy Nexus. I am really starting to think that the "Network Upgrades" in my area aren't going to improve anything unless I revert back to my Galaxy Nexus without the Tri-Band radio. I will hold out a little longer before I can't return the LG G2.

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't care, thousands have this problem with the Tri-Band phones, they act like they don't know the problem, which they do, WE DO! and you don't? Hmmm ok, ive posted links on here to a lot of threads on this specific issue with the Tri-Band phones from Techgeeks that these incompetent Sprint retards could ever wish they knew, sprint doesn't care period. They sold you the phone and put you in a contract and that's all they care about, let's face facts..Why do 4 of my friends standing 1 foot from me all get 4GLTE on various phones as I sit on 3G yea, They failed to mention that in a lot of areas you wont be able to connect to 4GLTE because the towers arent compatible with the new Tri-Band eCSFB. They should of had a 'Disclaimer' underneath the phone telling us 'Victims' that if the towers in your area aren't updated to eCSFB you won't be able to get 4GLTE, the internals at Sprint knew this before releasing the phones, but by putting a disclaimer like that would of put off thousands upon thousands of people not buying the phones, the non eCSFB tower compatibility issue I just explained is 100% fact, so how many towers are not eCSFB compliant Sprint? Wheres a coverage map of the incompatible ones? Wheres my disclaimer in the phone description when I order it? I would of never bought the LG G2 if I had known this before hand, hmm poor stupid me, good business practices though on Sprints part.

Journeyman

WOW!!!  I was just about to buy a LG G2 and now I am second guessing it. Maybe I should just go back to the Galaxy 4S. The one question I have is if I keep is if i keep it on CDMA do you still get all your calls and text?  I hardly use any mobile data even though I pay for it.   I am on wifi 98% of the time. So is it still a bad buy or is the phone worth it if I don't use mobile data?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat