cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/21 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVD

Highlighted
Master

Re: 7/21 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVD

monkey-man I know this is frustrating and want to assure you that we are working on providing a resolution. There is currently no reported issues in your area at this time, but I have alerted our network team. Your patience throughout this process is greatly appreciated. - Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I have the update. Got it maybe two days ago. It screwed me over. My opinion is to avoid it for now, at least. It's all in my post called Done. I'm sick of this junk.

Oh, it doesn't fix anything with the antenna, to whomever asked that question.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, I have had nothing but issues with my service since I joined Sprint a couple of years ago as well.  Each update that I receive causes new/different issues.  With this latest update, my phone isn't even ringing!  I mean, it's a phone!  I will receive a voicemail notification, but the phone hadn't even rung.  Yesterday, I missed 6 calls and 4 of them were business!    Just can't continue having these types of issues where it can effect my livelihood. 

Highlighted
Master

Brunsta,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing. Sounds like there may be some call forwarding active on your line. Please dial *720>tap call> You should hear tones when cal forwarding is disabled. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

My update installation for ZVD has failed 3 times.  I received the OTA update notification about a week ago, allowed it to install.  My phone restarted, the 'updating android' splash screen showed up, then the phone rebooted, went through the LG startup splash screen, but nothing has installed.  My phone is still on ZVC.  But then a few days later I get the 'update is ready' notification, re-do the installation (I guess the 400MB has downloaded AGAIN), and again it fails.  A third time this morning, and ZVD has STILL not installed.

Any ideas on what is going on?  The previous OTA updates have installed just fine.

Or otherwise, since this update is mainly to provide knock code (and a couple other things), perhaps there's some way to disable the perpetual fetching of the OTA update, so my phone doesn't keep downloading and re-downloading an update that can't even install?!

Highlighted
Master

GuyDouche,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the update installation for ZVD. So far there are no known issues with that installation. However, for successful installation it is recommended that the battery be a least 50%25 charged and perform the upgrade over a Wi-Fi connection. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
Eric
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I get the exact same thing happening to me as , except its been for every update. I'm still on ZVA. How do I get my phone to take the updates?!

Highlighted
Master

KROS,

Your issues will be reported to LG. Have you all contact them to see if these issues are covered under your manufacturers warranty?

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't contacted LG since from what I have read they always seem to point us back to you (Sprint)

Highlighted
Master

KROS,

Try getting in contact with LG. Have you took the device into a service and repair store? Also, have you tried to Factory reset the device? Then see if it will take the update successfully?

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG cannot help, because it is Sprint's fault. I have used this phone overseas on another CDMA network and I had no issues. Only Sprint causes the network issues, Its an eCSFB issue. All Spark supporting phones are affected.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have sufficient battery charge.  The update downloads over wifi.  I already know these things.  I apologize for that sounding rude.  But now I'm getting very frustrated.  I've just gotten the OTA download notification for the 6th time, and for the 6th time, it hasn't installed.

I recalled you can reboot your phone in safe mode by holding down the vol down button.  I'll do that next time.

In the meantime, is there no way to disable OTA update downloads?  If this install problem can't be fixed, I'd rather my phone not continuously download the half gigabyte update over and over again--is there a setting to disable OTA update downloads?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat