cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/21 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/21 - LG G2 Software Update - ZVD

I will confirm LG basically washes their hands of any tech support short of a DOA device.  I've contacted them many times about various software issues, and the result is either, "thank you for your feedback," or "contact your carrier."  So I contacted the carrier in this thread, and look at the response:  "Make sure your battery has sufficient charge and update over wifi."  I know that.  I do that.  I've done that for the last 5 times I get a failed update.

It sucks.  As much as I like my G2, it will probably be the very last LG phone I ever buy.

Highlighted
Master

GuyDouche,
Thanks for reaching out. This issue continues to be investigated. We've engaged LG in the process. All the recommendations we've been given so far link to having the device reset. There is unfortunately no option offered to disable the OTA prompts.
Let us know if you need instructions for the reset on your device.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

GuyDouche,
I know it is a bit frustrating to get support from manufacturers. That is why Sprint has engaged this issue head on. We continue to search for a solution to this problem and we greatly appreciate your patience with it.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ash Sprint Social Care , I have no interest in doing a factory reset since I've tried it before and does nothing. I'm not about to lose all my data if doesn't fix anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DO NOT UPDATE !! It caused my settings to completely stop working. The sprintcare will tell you to do a factory reset, DO NOT!!!! you wont be able to get wifi or data!!!

I went to a sprint store and they said it was going to be 70 dollars to fix it...(yeah right!!!!)

So i went to LG and they made me send it in and they "replaced the board chip set". I went to update it again and the SETTINGS STOPPED WORKING AGAIN!!!!

Save yourself the headache.

Highlighted
Master

Cridman,

I'm sorry this has happened. Have you contacted LG about the issue reoccurring? - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issues with the 3G/LTE. I can't make phone calls in my apartment, unless i put my phone in one spot, and keep it on speaker phone. I constantly get voice mail's from my family when i never received a call in the first place. There was an emergency once, and I never got the phone call because my Sprint service is so horrible. Also, my wireless data cuts off for no reason. It loses connection out of no where. Thank god I have my own internet at home, or my phone would just be a paper weight. I've only been with Sprint since December, last year, and I regret my decision all the time. Why am I paying for a service that I can't use half the time.

By the way. I like in Glendale, AZ 85301

Highlighted
Master

harrmoeknee,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having service issues. I did look at you area and I did not see any network issues. Is the issue mainly in building? Also do a power cycle and update the profile. Let me know if that helps.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So I booted into Recovery Mode, and selected the option to "install OTA update from cache" (which I assume the OTA update should be located there).  And I get an error in recovery mode that says "/system/lib/libstagefright.so has unexpected contents" and also an error that says "error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status7)"

Can anyone decipher what the cause of this is?  I'm not rooted, I'm not poking around in the system file contents.  I just got the OTA download notification and try to install, and it keeps on failing.  Decided to try going into recovery mode since others state that sometimes helps problems with OTA updates that do not install.  But no go.

Other than pseudo-sympathizing remarks, can anyone at Sprint actually support this issue?

Highlighted
Master

GuyDouche - Thanks for the post. I think you are going to need to take the device into a service location to have a tech look things over for you. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This thread is insane. My G2 has been downloading the same update (ZVD, I assume) every few days and apparently failing at install. What's bugging me is that when I look at the upgrade path, it goes from ZVB right to ZVD. SO WHY DOES MY G2 SAY I'M ON ZVC?! Nothing anyone from Sprint writes on here is helpful in any way. I left Verizon in January to come to Sprint and I'm really second guessing that decision now. Do you have ANY answers? And if you do, I thank you in advance and offer my humble apologies.

Highlighted
Master

TimRunsOn, it really is best if you visit a service and repair location if this is happening.  It may be that the techs can push the update all the way through, if not, they may be able to load a fresh (updated) android version onto it for you instead.  Make sure you back up all your info, music and pictures before you go. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat