cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

Hi, I recently left Sprint for T-Mobile.  After the phones and ETFs are all paid off, am I able to sell my LG G2 for somebody who wants to use it on Sprint? It's in perfect condition and I want to make a little money off of it.  Theoretically, could somebody else use that phone on Sprint after the ETFs and phones are paid off? Thanks

45 REPLIES 45
Journeyman

Re: Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

Looks like the mods deleted my comment. As I said before, yes you can sell it someone to use on Sprint...You can sell it to anyone you want. Sprint will offer to buy it but they will try to screw you over. Post it on Craigslist and it will sell in no time.

Journeyman

Can they block you phone and make it unusable?

Journeyman

No. Just be sure to remove your SIM card before you sell it

Journeyman

I thought sprint phones didnt have sim cards

Journeyman

You have to sell the LG G2 with the sim card left inside the unit. The Sim card is for LTE ONLY and if removed then LTE 4G will Not work. The Sim card comes WITH the phone from LG.

Journeyman

I did some research. The nexus 5 and G2 have UICC SIM cards. The card is used to authenticate the Sprint LTE network. So leave the card in it when you sell it.

Master

AMY010605244 I'm so sorry to hear that you've left us, but I'm happy to answer your question.  Yes, you certainly can sell your phone and as long as the account is closed with a zero balance, it will be activatable on our network without issue. I'd enourage you to do a factory reset to the phone to ensure that all information is wiped off, just in case. We do offer BuyBack at Sprint.com/Buyback where you can sell it to us if you like, but you're more than welcome to look for a private buyer or make use of other websites which purchase phones as well.

I wish you the best with your new carrier, but if you're ever in the market, I hope you'll consider us again.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I left too. As long As the ESN is clean you can sell it. Since you can't remove the back, no need to worry about SIM cards.

Journeyman

The SIM card is in the side slot. Not under the back cover.

Journeyman

Where? I'm holding my g2 and don't see anything.

Journeyman

Left side. Near the top. There's a little slot with a hole to pop it open. That's the SIM tray.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat