cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

Master

Re: Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

KansanLolo. Locate the SIM tray along the top left edge of the device. Insert the SIM eject tool. Press firmly and push it straight in, until the tray pops out. Remove the ejector tool and pull the tray out. Kenneisha. Social Care
Journeyman

Why does having an account balance matter if the phone is mine to do with as I please? 

Journeyman

I too recently left Sprint and am afraid I made a grave mistake.  I'm blaming my wife for my actions.  I should've stayed with Sprint.

Master

TimFromGrandIslandNY,
I am having a bit of trouble understanding your question. Can you elaborate it a bit more? What are you trying to accomplish? I am here to help.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Master

TimFromGrandIslandNY - So sorry that you had to leave us. Let me know how we can assist you. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have been trying to determine if it's necessary to leave the sim in when selling the phone, not sure if this thread really answered that question.  The reason I ask is because when looking at the "About phone", "Status" setting under "My phone number" it is listing my phone number that has now been ported over to another network.  Seems to contradict what some people are saying about leaving the sim in. Personally I would remove it and let the person purchasing the phone worry about getting a new sim from Sprint. What is the verdict?

GrandMaster

the phone number still in the phone is set to all the google info within the phone more than likely still sync'd. the sim card itself just allows the phone to use the LTE side of the network. if memory serves thats the only thing its there for.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Would this still apply if the phone has been factory reset?

GrandMaster

thats the rub though. from what i understand with the latest of updates pushed to phones there was a factory reset protection deal that was pushed. so in order for that phone to work after a FR it would need the prior phone owners information..no idea how that works if youre going to sell it to someone else or give it to them. actually let me ask someone about that one..i like the idea that if someone steals my phone and forces it into a FR they cant just take over my phone with their info...BUT..how does it work if i want to give it to say my brother or something? thats the part im unsure of.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

actually im looking at all the G2 updates right now and im not seeing that update even mentioned in there...once i get a answer back i'll fill you in on what i found out.

GrandMaster

ok so you must do a trusted reset if youre going to sell the phone or give it to someone else to use..that fully wipes it and gets it ready for the next person to add in all their account info into a fresh phone without any of your info in it. i have zero idea on how to do this but you can probably look it up through youtube or google.

Sprint Product Ambassador

FRP only applies to devices that were manufactured after 7/1/15 which is the G2 was not.  Therefore it would not have FRP on it.  The G2 could be used by someone else as long as it was a Sprint user.  The device is not able to be used on another US carrier (domestic SIM unlock).  The SIM will be required for the G2 to use LTE.  The SIM is paired to the device MEID and should not be removed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat