cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

GrandMaster

Re: Can I sell my old Sprint phone for someone else to use?

ok cool. so this device would only need to be factory reset before it goes to someone else..as well as not having any fees still on it (still on a contract etc).

thanks Matt.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No need to worry that it still has my now ported number listed under the "My phone number" in settings?

GrandMaster

once you factory reset it did you end up logging back in with your google info?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, I did not, that's why I'm a little confused.  Maybe I'll try a PRL and Profile update.

GrandMaster

a prl and profile update only attempts to relock the phone onto the towers and kind of refresh them. hrm..

hey PAOG333 does that make any sense to you? the FR should wipe all info including previous phone number correct?

PAOG333

sorry to bug..does what the customer is seeing make any sense to you?

Journeyman

Would a carrier reset do the trick? ##72786#

GrandMaster

that only resets your network settings. so it wipes whatever info your phone has network wise and forces it to search out a fresh connection.

GrandMaster

how are you doing the factory reset on the phone? through settings? through the bootloader?

Journeyman

Through settings.

GrandMaster

ok when you do this it usually asks if you want to back up the phone before doing the FR..are you having it back anything up or no?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No option to backup prior to reset.  Since I'm doing it without the phone being setup with an account.

GrandMaster

it should still be linked to google i believe but the FR should dump all that info..well normally it should.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat