cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear incoming calls, outgoing are ok.

Journeyman

Can't hear incoming calls, outgoing are ok.

So it has been about two weeks now that I'm having this issue, whenever someone calls me, I can't hear them nor they can hear me. If I hang up and call back everything is ok or if I just dial out it works too. Did a soft reset, factory reset and no luck. I need help!!!!!

17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: Can't hear incoming calls, outgoing are ok.

ccastellanos848 I'm sorry that you're having some service issues. I checked the area in Timber Forest and Will Clayton 77346 and it shows scheduled upgrades set for the upcoming months. You will have some intermittent connections indoors and outdoors until the upgrades are completed 100%25. Please access Sprint.com/network to check the Network Vision upgrade status for your area and other areas. I apologize for the delay.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

It's bs.. I live here by timber forest n Atascocita Rd n they too told me the ol upgrade crap.. Like 6 months ago. This phone is great. It's stupid Sprint n their supposed better network. Smdh

Journeyman

U guys are ridiculous.. For real. Total theft. Just stop it already with the generic bs crap answers. U sound like bunch of dumb people

Journeyman

Im sorry but "an upgrade"? I have 4 other lines in my plan and so far none of them have the issue? It is just my phone. Im sure you would understand how inconvenient this is, not being able to take calls, your tech support over the phone told me to "take the battery out, wait a few seconds and put it back in...." do they even know what they're talking about? LG G2, can't take the battery out just like that!!!! Im sorry but your answer is unacceptable.

Master

ccastellanos848  What are the other model devices that you have on your account? The area you've mentioned shows it has the Spark coverage. The LG G2 is Spark capable, and may have some inconsistent connections until the upgrades for 3G and 4G are completed. You've mentioned several troubleshooting steps that you have done, including removing the battery. You are absolutely right, you are not able to remove the battery from the LG G2 device, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Please keep in mind that troubleshooting may help with the issue, but it will not resolve it since it's a service issue and not a device issue. I apologize again for the inconvenience and I'm asking for your patience during this time. Stacy Sprint Social Care Team

Message was edited by: SprintCare with corrections.  The LG G2 is a Spark Device, our apologies for the inaccurate info in this post.

Journeyman

I have two HTC One, one iPhone 4s and one iPhone 4. None of them have any issues so far, as per my G2, as soon as the Spark upgrade rolled out, my phone did receive it and IT IS on SPARK, there's even a whole thread on sprint forums on how to update G2s to be on SPARK, my start screen is all yellow with the SPARK logo, when on 4G I have the spinning icon of the SPARK so I'm not sure if there's a misunderstanding here, I'm not experiencing data or connectivity issues, I can dial out, send and receive text messages, browse the internet, I just can't HEAR INCOMING calls, are we just drifting away from my original post???? I did go through he troubleshooting steps with a rep over the phone but no luck, I even deactivated Google Voice completely but didnt help either. You can look at the screenshots of G2 and confirm my SPARK capability which I'm not sure has anything to do with my issue. I also on the latest updates of PROFILE, PRL and FIRMWARE.2014-05-20-11-45-31.png

Journeyman

Actually spark is available is available on the LG G2 because I have it on my phone and it's not very good and I'm also having the sound issues

Highlighted
Wizard

Stacy, according to a press release from Sprint from October 30th of last year the LG G2 IS able to use Spark. There was an update on January 27th of this year updating the Spark Icons. Can you explain your comments that it can't use Spark since it seems to Sprint official websites it can?

Master

Katt50,

I do apologize for the misinformation. The original release of the LG G2 did not have the ability to connect to the Spark network. You are correct as this was rectified due to an OTA update which enabled the device to connect to Sprint Spark's LTE this past January. Currently, all LG G2 have the ability to use the Spark network. I hope this clears up any and all questions.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Crystal:

This isn't the first time that a SprintCare rep has gotten basic information WRONG. I'm sorry doesn't make up for lazy reps like Stacy who doesn't want to do her job.

Journeyman

I've been having the same issue since May 19, 2014. When I call out, I can hear and be heard. When someone calls me, neither of us can hear each other. I have had this issue both in Deerfield, IL and Chicago. I tried rebooting and did a factory reset, but it didn't fix it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat