cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang it!!!

Journeyman

Re: Dang it!!!

t-mobile almost done just because it came out march 3 doesnt mean sprint will get it then first att then t-mobile and now sprint it usually take two or three days

I hope so. I've seen the video online that fixes a lot of things wrong with Jellybean on this phone. The phone is awesome for sure! But even it can get clunky with 4.2.2 running on it. So I'm looking forward to this OS update in hopes that it will make this phone even better. I'm just not looking forward to all of the bloatware that is going to come with it.

Journeyman

Thats whats taking so long for sprint is all the sprint bloatware they add to it to slow and clutter ur phone

More than likely that is the case. :-)

Journeyman

What will i have to do when they finally upgrade

When it is being sent out, you can go to your phone settings and either search for a firmware update or software update and start the download. Be sure your phone is connected to WiFi and has at least 60% of a charge or better before you start the download. Then just go through the steps to install it.

I'm really sick of the bloatware. And LG has its own bloatware in addition to the Sprint bloatware. I deleted what I can without rooting and forced stopped or disabled the rest. I am seriously considering rooting now to finish the job after talking to a guy at Radioshack that has a rooted G1 that ran flawlessly. He let me play around with it. It glided through everything I threw at it without even trying. He even ran Ashpalt 8 on it, and there was no lag or framerate drop whatsoever. If the G1 can run like that, I can only imagine what my G2 can do. Not that I'm gonna do it, I'm just thinking...

Yeah. Bloatware is a killer. When I got my G2 it had no less than four map apps on it! Geez, am I really going to get that lost?

Journeyman

I love my g2 dont get me wrong but i have 3 music apps 4 map apps and i only use one of each all bloatware but yet sprint was the first us carrier to recieve the update and is going to come in after tmobile really tmobile sucks they keep barely out of being bought out every week but get an update before us cmon

Highlighted

Yeah all of that extra stuff is silly. Why load all of that extra stuff on the phone anyway?

Journeyman

Same reason why there's commercials on TV and adverts all over the internet or the whole Microsoft monopoly trial.  It's about subsides to the carrier and more market share for their items.  You can't delete them so you're forced to google play update them which counts as a download for their numbers and what forth...

Yeah, I think I see what you're saying. Like when they replace one app with another, such as Hangouts. It counts as a download. I never even use it. I think for my next phone, I'll wait for a Google Play Edition of something to drop. If I'm correct, they come without the carrier bloatware. I'd like that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat