cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with no Kit Kat for my G2!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Disgusted with no Kit Kat for my G2!

I am completely disgusted with Sprint not upgrading the LG G2 to Kit Kat. Now international versions are receiving the update before us. This is ridiculous! This is the last straw for me. Really considering taking up that other company's offer on letting them take care of my ETF! Are we going to get the upgrade??? It's a simple yes or no. Quit dancing around the question already.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Disgusted with no Kit Kat for my G2!

I think we all agree, It's a shame to be kept in the dark about whether this update will happen, when, and why there's so much misinformation associated with it from both Sprint and LG. If you don't know, say so. If you're working on it, say so. I'd it's being tested, say so. This will at least get rid of the clutter and some confusion in this lg g2 thread. How many threads about the kitkat update? 7+? I think that information AT THE VERY MINIMUM is warranted.

Highlighted

Highlighted

I was told that it was being tested. But then that became, 'We have no information about the update.' Maybe with this big round of layoffs that is going to happen we have been forgotten.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very simple...I was told I would have KitKat no later than March 31st by the rep that sold me my first G2. That was confirmed when I purchased my 2nd G2 for my Fiance.  If April 1 rolls around and the phone still hasn't been updated than the joke will be on them. I WILL switch. I've had two companies will to pay the fee for me to switch. I am paying close to $200 a month for two phones with all the add-on's and will not be lied to. I Root and Install ROM's quite frequently so that whole KitKat thing isn't that huge of a deal to me. I know how to tinker with the phones radio etc... so Spark isn't that big of a deal to me but, I refuse to pay good money to a company that will not be upfront, honest, and that will deliberately lie to my face...that will NOT be tolerated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spark,lol I can't get 4G from sprint in the 15th largest city in the states

. And yes I'm running cm11 4.4.2 on my lg g2 RIGHT NOW!!!!! Add root, subtract bloat ware lol

Highlighted
Master

RC719,

I am sorry to see that this software update has been such a point of angst. I do not have a clear answer on when this will be rolled out. I would suspect that it would be receiving the update, but I don't have a date for this. Once this is released to us, LG and Google push out these updates in waves. Sadly, this part we don't really have any control over. We are anxious for this update to roll out as well. I apologize for the frustration here.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

korn6470,

I would be happy to check on the status of the tower in your area. May I please have 2 nearby cross streets and zip? We are working on upgrading all of our towers to our new Network Vision with 4G LTE as fast as we can. We appreciate your patience while we complete this transition.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any idea why the Sprint LG G2 does not have PC Suite, while all of the other carriers do? I had to have my phone replaced last week and had no way to back it up without rooting it, i did so after the replacement was ordered though so no big deal. But LG said they do not provide support for the Sprint LG-G2, so he could not answer my question about google wallet tap to pay not being available on the G2 and said I would have to ask Sprint about the PC Suite software that is available to every other carrier except sprint.

Does Sprint have a version of PC Suite to use to back the LG G2 up to a computer or am I sol for having Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its time to move on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The software release alone is only the tip of the iceberg. I was also told we would have LTE by the end of the year a complete lie! I was told we would definitely have Kit Kat by the end of Q1 that's only a week away and still no solid answer only Sprint playing the blame game. So yes I feel completly justified in being upset.

Highlighted

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. It is very frustrating not knowing what is going on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat