cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally updated to Lollipip 5.0.2

Journeyman

Finally updated to Lollipip 5.0.2

After one week of being anxious and both patient and impatient at times, Monday night my LG G2 finally received the Lollipop OTA update. Its 630.2MB. Look and feel is way different compared to Kit Kat 4.4. So far so good. No issues to report.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Finally updated to Lollipip 5.0.2

Meant Lollipop of course. Not pip.

Journeyman

Nice! Hope everything goes well. Did you manually check for it or did you get a notification? I still haven't gotten it and I've lost hope despite telling others to be patient haha.

Journeyman

Monday night I did another manual check and the download began. The entire process including download, the install, the initalizing of apps and reboot was roughly 30 min.

Journeyman

I got my notification the morning of 5/5.  Waited until the evening to update, which as wilenhj said took a while.  Then I had to do numerous reboots and refreshing of the google account sync since it was giving me issues.

So far things seem okay.

Journeyman

I still haven't gotten it as of this morning. I got my phone in April of 2014 and apparently the updates are based upon serial number,but I don't get why it hasn't almost fully spread to most G2's.

Journeyman

E_Ack, I've been having SO many problems with my Gmail and Google Play and Chrome. I have been on Sprint chat 3 times and in the store once and they keep resetting things, updating the profile, and it all seems to work for awhile but eventually it goes back to having problems unless I reboot the phone. Have you figured out how to get all the bugs out? Or do I need to bring my phone in. I had the update installed on May 1, and still don't have these issues worked out.

Journeyman

I just want the update already I'm so tired of waiting. I've been patient for over a week now and still haven't gotten it yet. I got my G2 the first week it was out so I thought I would've gotten it by now if they were going by serial numbers. I'm starting to get pretty impatient with this.

Journeyman

Still, to this day, I have not gotten the update. Getting extremely irritated....

Journeyman

I feel your pain lliam.haeffele I was really frustrated last night and did some searching on the web and saw some people were hard rebooting their G2s and getting the update. After a lot of searching and a few drinks I backed up all my data and did it and miraculously it worked. So far it's working perfectly and I'm loving it.

Journeyman

STILL no update for me!

Journeyman

Still no update for me either. My wife and sister got theirs last week. What up with that?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat