ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced Sprint ID update!

Wizard

Forced Sprint ID update!

Turned on my phone this morning and an update to Sprint ID downloaded to my phone. It downloaded a bunch of useless apps that I didn't want and forced me to use LG Home as my default launcher. Fortunately, the useless apps were uninstalled. My home switcher refused to work anymore and I had to change my home launcher though the settings. Just wanted to share with people what happened and at least it's fixable.

37 REPLIES 37
Journeyman

Re: Forced Sprint ID update!

I restarted my phone this morning, and that's when everything got all messed up.  All of my pages (and homepage) were erased and replaced with a bunch of commercial crap and apps. Other settings seemed to be changed, as well.  E.G., NFC was activated (I always have it turned off).   Should we expect Sprint to change our phone setup anytime they feel like it in the future?  How can I avoid this from happening again (I don't root my phone)?

Journeyman

Also, I just wanted to mention that I just noticed they added a bunch of Bookmarks, too.

Master

Katt50,

Hello,

Sorry for the delay just wanted to check in to see if everything has been resolved for you?

Ash,
Sprint Social Care team
Wizard

"Everything has been resolved for you". I don't think you understand enough English to understand my issue.

This update forced me back to using LG Home, installed a bunch of useless apps on my phone. Fortunately, I deleted all the apps and was able to switch to my third party launcher. I'm not going to run your Sprint ID app because it's a waste of space on my phone and if I could delete it I would.

Yes, SprintCare, the problem is fixed. Don't push useless bloatware updates to my phone.

Master

Tritone

Here to help. We are not actual able to change your bookmark settings so that's odd. Have you noticed anything else that messed up after the restart? What type of restart did you preform? What type of device do you have? Have you taken it by a store after this happened?

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Master

Tritone,

That is strange. Did you update an app, software, the device, reset your phone, or just restart your phone? What type of phone do you have? What were the bookmarks that were added? I will be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Like I said previously, all I did was restart my phone ("Power off and restart").  I wasn't trying to update anything.  I like to restart my phone about once a week or so.  I don't think it's so weird that my bookmarks were changed, since you wiped out all of my preset custom page layouts, changed my home page,  and installed a bunch of apps.  I also mentioned that NFC was enabled (I never use it).  If you can do all of that, why are bookmarks so surprising?

"What kind of phone do you have?"

LG G2.  I thought that would be obvious since this is the LG G2 forum.

"What were the bookmarks that were added?"

I don't remember them all.  They looked like the same ones that were included when I purchased the phone.  Google, Weather Channel, Ebay, etc...at least 10 or so.

Wizard

I'm just shocked at the dumb comments from SprintCare.

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to them.

Wizard

I just think that the "what kind of phone" comment is just dumb. And that's being nice.

Journeyman

Powered my phone off and back on today...when it came back on it started reinstalling some bloatware I had uninstalled and reset all my home pages to how they come stock. No bookmarks were added though

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat