Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G2 and KitKat update ?

Journeyman

Re: G2 and KitKat update ?

bruceleroy9090 wrote:

kitkat update coming over the air March 3

That's for France, last I heard.  Sprint has not released even a whiff of a date nor has source dropped for ZVB.

Until either happens anything is speculative at best.

Heck, we only know the version because of the UA Profile.

True...we are just in a wait and see mode.

Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville, Right now there isn't a release date set for the upgrade. You can check back at http://bit.ly/1bWKbh9 for any updates for that device. SarahG Social care

That link does not work.

Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville

Thank you for your response. Are you getting any error message when you click the link? Did you try accessing it more than once? I was able to get in when I clicked on the link.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team

Does not work when I try use my phone.

Plus, it just hours to the page about the LG G2 no h help at all.

Master

FrustratedinEdwardsville,

We understand your frustration. Keep an eye on the forums, when it is available there will usually be an announcement here for our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sean L
Social Care

It is sickening having to wait and have no word about a release. I think you should tell us NOW WHEN it is coming out. Tired of waiting.

Journeyman

Does it bother you that bad that "Kit Kat" hasn't been released yet? Does your G2 not work well with Jelly Bean?

It is just frustrating not knowing anything or being told that they have no worf of it when it is their company that is working on it so it can work with Sprint. I don't think it is not unreasonable to be given a time frame of what is going on with it and when it will be out if there are no problems with the program. But being left in the dark about it this whole time is a big let down.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've learned the hard way after over 11 years as a Sprint customer; 1 no one at Sprint knows or will tell you advanced information on update releases, 2 when you buy your phone, be prepared to live with the current installed OS, updates are slow and handsets become old news fast to this carrier(some get left as they were at launch) 3 Sprint is a business and has a need to sell phones, long term support of a handset doesn't further this concept. 4 unless the OEM software is awesome you're better off rooting to stay vanilla Android and current.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat