Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home OpenSource Code Distribution, LG Website ( G2 )

Highlighted
Journeyman

Home OpenSource Code Distribution, LG Website ( G2 )

Heads up Sprint G2 fans KK is around the corner.  The LG source code for Kit Kat is up. Yeah!!  It's only a matter of time to be pushed OTA, I'd say in the next 48 hours....

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Okay, one question for you. On the LG site it says that the software is version ZVC. But on Sprint's site it is ZVB. Why the difference between the two?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ZVB on Sprints website is in keeping with consistency since the last update was ZVA.

ZVC is ZVB for LG is the internal testing version, so basically, this is LG's ZVC renamed to ZVB.

Got it, good. I hope I didn't confuse you, but that's the understanding behind it.

Still waiting on LG to change it's status thus far no change. Once that happens, HELLO KIT KAT!

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000003-CT10000027-1386799961730

Highlighted

... ... ...

I got a headache...

... ... ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reports coming in from Sprint users on S4GRU receiving the update push to kit kat.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/page-215Sprint G2 kit kat s4gru.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted

How safe us that to download in your phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE!

I think at least 2 people on XDA reported that their phone is now in a boot loop after trying to install the update, so you may want to hold off installing until more people have reported back (I myself have not installed it yet).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Downloaded and installed OTA with zero issues

Highlighted
Master

Indy4G, Thanks for the update. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions or need help. We are here for you! Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE

31MARCH2014 KITKAT 4.4.2 LS980ZVC UPDATE BABY!!

WOO HOO SPRINT

KITKAT LG G2 LS980ZVC.pngLG G2 4.4.4 KITKAT WOOHOO.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated via adb, just push it 3 times, if you try to reboot after first push it will loop. On third push, text saying after the "installing update" stage, "Removing unnecessary files" and then "Patching system files" then "Unpacking new files" "Unpacking new recovery" "Renaming files" "Symlinks and permissions" "Patching remaining system files" then the text reads "script succeeded: result was [/system]" then finally "install from ADB complete." then select "Reboot system now." You now have ZVC KitKat installed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You side loaded

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat