cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Signal!

Journeyman

Horrible Signal!

I have an LG G2 and the signal reception is horrible. I have already had the device replaced once by a repair center and is experiencing the same problem. I have read on the Sprint forums that this is a known device issue. I was never told this by the sales staff at the Sprint store, unfortunately I had to experience this awful device. I have a friend with another phone on Sprint, I put the phones beside each other on a table and my friends moto x and galaxy s4 received 3 to 4 bars of LTE while my G2 had one bar of 3G. I need something done now, I need to chat with a supervisor or just give the phone back in to a store and remove service. I like Sprint but I'm sick of this phone, I would like to have it replaced with a different phone such as the Moto X or the Galaxy S4 (Non-Sprint Spark)

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Horrible Signal!

Wintergreenduck,

Oh no! That's not good. If you are within the 14 day grace period you can switch to another device with no cost to you. If you are past this period though, we would not be able to give you a different model, but only be able to replace the current model on your account. Hope this helps.

- Kalah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No! It does not help. I am sick of this phone, it is ridiculous. Look around on your forums to see how many other people are having the same issue. Something needs to be done. Or, I will do everything in my power to make know the awful customer service provided by Sprint. You will lose a lot of customers! Replace the device with a different model or allow me to give the phone back without paying it off and I will change carriers.

Master

wintergreenduck

Thanks for reaching out. There is a known issue with Tri Band devices, which includes the LG G2. There is an issue with the devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G. We are currently working close with the manufacture on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work on a resolution.

Regards,

Duane

Social Care

Journeyman

No! It does not help. I am sick of this phone, it is ridiculous. Look around on your forums to see how many other people are having the same issue. Something needs to be done. Or, I will do everything in my power to make know the awful customer service provided by Sprint. You will lose a lot of customers! Replace the device with a different model or allow me to give the phone back without paying it off and I will change carriers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat